Photo

Your Top List of Favorite Classic Mega Man Games

top list ten favorite best worst classic mega man megaman

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

Nah, those are great picks for the top in my opinion. :P

If we want to talk games rated from hardest to easiest... It's all subjective, but I don't think Russ's is quite that accurate. With the understanding that none of these games give me too much trouble, I'd probably rank them like this, from hardest to easiest for me: 9, 1, 10, 4, 7, 2, 6, 5, 3.

Bit of clarification: 2 is ranked using its original difficulty, yes, not the Western easy mode. And 1 is ranked utilizing the select glitch, or else I'd rank it hardest based on Yellow Devil alone. But that's probably how I'd put them, and that's not to say 3 is easy; no, it's probably one of the more difficult ones in the series, but it's like A Link to the Past in the sense that I've played it so much the game's become second-nature and not difficult at all to me.

#17 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

9 is no way the hardest. Just Galaxy Man's black hole makes you avoid a lot of enemies, and the amount of bullshit, try-and-fail hazards, like spikes and platforms in the worst places, is kept to a minimum. And even without Galaxy Man's hole, you still have Jewel Man's shield or Tornado Man's tornadoes (duh). I remember 4 and 7 being way harder.

Edited by Maleboocado, 25 July 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

While I wouldn't say 9 is the hardest, it certainly stuck out as being harder than others in my mind. 7 I didn't think was actually that difficult, aside from the final boss which is easily the hardest boss in the series. Turbo Man's stage gave me a bit of trouble, but aside from that, the stages weren't too bad and the bosses were frozen in place when hit by their weakness. 4 I can definitely see an argument for being the toughest; as much as I love the Cossack Fortress, it did some really mean things with ice physics and pits.

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

For me, it's less the weapons and more the level design, with some cruel platforming in 9 that just gets on my nerves sometimes. Jewel Man's stage, I'm looking at you. Also, I tend to prefer playing with only the buster, using the other weapons situationally or at bosses; unless it's Megaman 2, then Metal Blade 50% of the time. It's just more fun for me that way.

I also didn't find 4 or 7 that hard. 7 maybe a little more if you don't go for the Rush Adapter, but otherwise it's not that bad, especially when nearly all the bosses get stunlocked into oblivion.

• Evan20000 likes this

#20 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

>Also, I tend to prefer playing with only the buster, using the other weapons situationally or at bosses
I (unironically) like you.
  • The Satellite and Evan20000 like this

#21 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

And suddenly an out of nowhere reply comes in. After playing the Legacy Collection, it sort of opened my eyes with some of the games. So I am updating this list...into a Top 11. Here's why:

11. Mega Man 8 - Tried it, played a few levels, gimmicks and art design were kind of a turn off. Best thing about this game so far were the FMV cutscenes.

10. Mega Man 4 - I've been getting more and more frustrated with MM4 for a while. Difficulty curve is random at points and Robot Masters do way too much contact damage. Great soundtrack though.

9. Mega Man 5 - Weapons are useless aside from few exceptions. On the other hand, you can have many options as your first Robot Master. Soundtrack is lackluster and the end game is a drag.

8. Mega Man 1 - Short game, but has good replayability. Has some archaic design choices like dying in spikes with invincibility frames and the mandatory Magnet Beam, but okay nonetheless. 

7. Mega Man 2 - Really enjoyed the Robot Master portion, though I wish the Metal Blades weren't broken. Great soundtrack, but the Wily stages...they are so horribly designed it makes the game seem half-bad. MM2 is indeed overrated. 

6. Mega Man 7 - This one gets a lot of flack for being too different. However, the level design was very explorative and the weapons were good. The structure was also based similarly to Mega Man X, which involved some backtracking, not my thing.

5. Mega Man 3 - In some sense, this game feels incomplete with Doc Robot stages not incorporating much new content and the Wily Stages feeling empty. However, I still had so much fun with this and personally prefer this game out of the first three.

4. Mega Man V - A Game Boy title and an underrated Mega Man game at that. Really creative ideas with a good soundtrack and concept. Checkpoints are lacking which can be irritating, but this is great game to have on the 3DS VC.

3. Mega Man 10 - A great way to end the Classic series...as of right now. Great soundtrack, tons of content, and really good levels. As I mentioned before though, I suck at this game in Normal mode. Easy mode is just so insultingly easy as well. 

2. Mega Man 6 - Great concept of World Robots competing against each other. Great level design along with really good Robot Master designs (except Plant Man). This too gets a lot of heat for being seen as samey for being the last game of the NES Mega Man titles.

1. Mega Man 9 - This game is HARD, but it's consistent with the difficulty. Plus, the weapons balance the challenge with how amazing they are. Robot Masters look awesome, the stages were solid, and the music was outstanding. This gave me a final thought of what Mega Man was about, thus becoming my favorite in the Classic series.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: top, list, ten, favorite, best, worst, classic, mega, man, megaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users