Photo

Screenshot of the Week 276

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Eh. I nulled - there was nothing that really caught my eye enough to give my vote towards. There's just various degrees of dislike I have for all the screens - some I could point out what, others just had something I couldn't point out but didn't make me want to vote nonetheless. Not to say none of them are good, just that I couldn't choose one out of the two I preferred (MrMister and T. Platinum).

#17 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Took a moment to decide between Mister and Platinum. Went with Platinum. icon_smile.gif

Was close, but Mister's screen is... well it's good, but something seemed off about it. I realized that the issue was the amount of detail, while good enough, isn't distributed very evenly. One side of the screen has a patch of open empty space, the detail is sorta hogged elsewhere (center and lower-right mostly).

Platinum, on the other hand, has a solid and creatively detailed dungeon shot. While "awkward", as someone may have put it, the awkwardness is at best second nature to the creativity, uniqueness and distinction which all blend together-- this dungeon shot actually reminds me of how I like to design my own dungeon rooms, but it's definitely a very different style than I typically use(d) as well. Commendable.

Jimmyb's is great too, but two things kill it for me. One, that rock in the center looks weird; the north end is "eaten" by the overlaying bridge, and my mind can't fill in the mental image effectively with the water on the other half. Two, the mailbox... didn't register in my head as a mailbox. I had to do a double take and stare at it for a couple seconds.

Voted for T. Platinum.

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

I noticed that there are currently 0 screenshots waiting to be in the next SotW. If you guys want to continue to see this contest run on a weekly basis, there needs to be participants. It all relies on you guys, not just the two people who run it.

#19 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

My vote goes to T. Platinum Nice job on the screenshot.

#20 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

MrMister - 7 votes = [16.28%]
Kenster - 0 votes = [0.00%]
jimmyb - 23 votes = [53.49%]
Fausch - 1 vote = [2.33%]
T. Platinum - 12 votes = [27.91%]
Total Votes: 43

jimmyb