ZC DoR LttP Maps Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am about ready to start my first actual quest rather then just a tutorial. My biggest hangup is working out how i wish to start. My initial concept is to make a map of new hyrule and have the player start in the north eastern desert area (Gerudo Desert/Valley) and work his way through various zones in bew hyrule. I am trying to find the right 'outline' I guess for the maps to follow. The alpha/beta demo ofy game will stop at around the spirit temple. Ive looked and made a rough scribble of the map from ST but find myself at a loss on how to transfer it to ZQuest? Help? ^_^;;
  • Jared likes this

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Try drawing out the map on a 16x8 grid (or 8x8, depending on the size of your world). That should make it easier to transfer each screen into ZC.

#3 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Ugh. I just find myself helplessly lost and confused when I try to start working wiyh Graphics Gale and ZQuest. I ran the tutorial but I find myself stumped on how to begin. I think I need to just do some sort of generic thing first. I think my biggest problem is too much ambition and no experience. I wanna do something cool but dont even know how to begin. I wish I had some coconspiritors to help me with it all.

#4 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

I would start without any grid or anything, just sketch what kind of stuff you want where. Then once you've got that sorted out you can try sketching with Zelda Classic graph paper and see how it could all fit together.

Alternatively, you can design areas as separate dmaps instead of having a big 16x8 map. It'll give you more flexibility but you won't be able to display the whole map.

For my quest I think I'm going to design the dungeons first and just make the bare minimum of the overworld, or do half the dungeons or something. I imagine designing a good overworld takes an equally good amount of forethought. I'll probably end doing it as a set of dmaps, and then I'll include a printable map that the player can reference while playing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, DoR, LttP, Maps, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users