Photo

Who's your favorite pokemon?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

It could be based on design, it could be based on stats, it could be based on moves, it could be based on something that happens in one of the games, it could be based on something from the anime or one of the numerous manga, it could be based on someone's LP, or it could be just because you feel like it at the time. But whatever the reasoning may be, who's your favorite pokemon? Also it'd be neat to try to post pictures if you can since not everyone has played all the games (I haven't played anything past Gen 4 for instance), but it's not necessary. :P

Right now, I think my favorite pokemon is Furret (I also like Meowth, but it's not my favorite).

5OBWt6d.png

I know it's not a very impressive pokemon overall as far as stats and fighting strategies go (I think?) and I've never used it to complete a game before (though I might someday), but I just like the simple design. :P

• Aevin likes this

#2 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

Hmmm...I never thought I would ever end up liking a Bug-type Pokemon, but after Gen V came out Scolipede became one of my absolute-favorite designs. :D

scolipede.jpg

It's just such a neat design! The colors and funky horns makes it look like something out of a children's storybook, and the aloof expression reminds me of a cat. I also think it's a pretty creative design on the basis of barely looking like a centipede.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 13 February 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#3 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

A year and a half ago, I would have said Umbreon, without hesitation, but now.... I'd have to say it's a tossup between my loyal little foxy-rabbity-feliney.... thing and Greninja. Because Greninja is awesome.

658.pngshiny_umbreon_dream_world_art_by_trainer

Edited by Binx, 13 February 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

Pichu.

8OlGVtZ.png

Pichu.

Double_Pichu_art.png

PICHU.

Pikachu_the_Movie_12_poster.png

Thing's so adorable I can't stand it. I want one. :(

• SpacemanDan and Aevin like this

#5 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Let's get another electric rodent in here ...

Emolga!

emolga.jpg

In addition to being absolutely adorable, there's another reason I love this pokemon.  Just look at this sprite. It lifts off from the ground and for a few seconds, experiences the joy of flight. And yet, you can tell it's a real effort. After awhile, it has to strain to keep afloat, and finally settles to the ground. But it doesn't give up! You can see the effort it exerts as it leaps back into the air and soars again, undeterred by its failure to stay afloat ...

Emolga is a wonderful underdog pokemon that never gives up in spite of how hard things get and how tired it becomes. That's something that I aspire to. Having suffered from depression, I sometimes feel like that Emolga sprite serves as a perfect metaphor for my own optimism and creativity.

As a single evolution pokemon, its stats are weaker than most fully evolved pokemon, but mine has some unique gimicks to get around that. High speed and special attack ...  Then Electro Ball, which damages more based on how much faster the emolga is. Pair that with the Motor Drive ability, which boosts speed when hit with electricity, and nuzzle, which causes paralysis, halving the opponent's speed ... The idea is to intentionally switch into an electric move for the speed boost, paralyze the opponent, and then hit them REALLY hard with Electro Ball. It's so much fun taking a "weak" pokemon and kicking butt with it. Much more fun than taking something that's already strong.

• SpacemanDan and The Satellite like this

#6 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

Lanturn.

600px-171Lanturn.png

The epitome of cuteness and strength.  Volt Absorb, Thunder Bolt/Thunder, Ice Beam, Surf/Waterfall, and a fourth move for total devastation, combined with its tankiness.

Behold the cuteness!

Spr_2c_171_s.gifSpr_3e_171.gifSpr_4h_171.png

Edited by Koh, 13 February 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

I'm a little bit broken. When I was a lot younger, probably around 13 or so, I had some sort of dream with Mewtwo in it. Probably a bit arbitrary really, because I don't remember a single thing about it other than Mewtwo's presence, but it was one of those "extremely emotionally intense" dreams for some reason, so even today, I'm pretty much forced to say Mewtwo. I still have no idea what that's all about, but I see no reason not to go with it if I have nothing else to go with. Anything else is just "eh."

#8 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

395.png
Water and Steel are my two favorite types. Combine them together and we get this beastly pokemon that is capable of tanking powerful hits. While it's speed leaves a lot to be desired, Empoleon is one of the few starters that can properly attempt to abuse Torrent thanks to it's good bulk and access to Agility to remedy the speed issue.

Of notable mention:

655.png

I just love the design, for more than just the furry side of me. Its a freaking oriental priest, which I am a sucker for, and pays some homages to Japanese folklore regarding foxes. Too bad that it ended up getting swept to the side in favor of Greninja competitve-wise. That said, it still has a few niches going for it (eg. being able to steal crucial items on threats, Mystic Fire and Will-o-Wisp to augment its bulk, etc) and has the highest Special Attack of any starter, but it is underwhelming as far as starters go. Still better than Johto's and Unova's starter lineup (except Contrary Serperior) in competitive.

Edited by Orithan, 13 February 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#9 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

My favorite has changed so many times over the years. I used to default to Ditto just as a troll answer.

But if I was going to answer seriously, I have no choice but to say Blaziken, because I've been training mine for longer than any other pokemon. The Blaziken I'm using in ORAS is the same one I picked in my very first Ruby savefile when I got it in 2003, transferred forward through every generation. I've had it with me in every region after Ruby, all reboots included, and even took it with when I went to Japan back in 2012. Now that we're back in Hoenn, it's pretty emotional for me. I've literally been around the world with that same Blaziken.

Spoiler

Edited by Fabbrizio, 13 February 2015 - 05:31 PM.

• DragonDePlatino likes this

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

AEVIN

LET US COMBINE OUR FAVORITES AND RULE THE WORLD

Ge106vJ.jpg

• SpacemanDan, Eppy and Aevin like this

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Dewott. There are no other answers.

dewott.gif

I mean just look at him. He's badassery and cuteness rolled him into one dual-wielding lutrine package. Otters are my favorite animals, and Dewott is an amazing otter. He may have no use competitively (seeing as he's not fully evolved and I refuse to let any Dewott I raise ever turn into an ugly sea otter monster), but that hasn't kept me from trying. It's funny watching people's reactions as he tanks thunderbolts when properly raised and equipped. More of a novelty thing, but eh.

If I can talk about the runners up (I hope that's allowed)...

Spr_5b_334.png
Altaria is by far my favorite dragon and one of my favorite Pokemon. Cute, and fluffy and deadly. The mega evolution introduced in ORAS is absolutely incredible; the fairy/dragon typing lets her be the best at everything while shrugging off most common attack types, and tanking the ones that do hit her for super effective damage. Plus, she's so fluffy!
240px-334Altaria-Mega.png

Spr_5b_282.png
Gardevoir's another favorite of mine. There's something very regal and elegant about her. Her typing's great, she's good at her job, and her abilities are fun to mess around with. Can't say I'm a big fan of her mega evolution, but oh well.

scrafty.gif
Finally, Scafty. I can't say why, really, but I just kinda took a liking to him. He's got this mischievous little smile that you can't help but like. And mischievous he is indeed. Even if Gen 6 has made life harder for him, he's probably my favorite Pokemon to use competitively. His trick is to basically get out there and not die. He can boost his attack and defense, use drain punch to heal himself, rest if he needs to fully heal (which he has a good chance of instantly waking up from due to his ability), shed status effects that could cripple him, ruin enemy strategies by knocking away their items, and just generally be awesome.

And I could go on and on and on, but I'll stop here. Those are my four favorites.
  • SpacemanDan, Binx, Aevin and 1 other like this

#12 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

I like to throw people a curve ball and use an offensive set with Moxie and Drain Punch/Hi Jump Kick(Or Power-up Punch, if I, for some strange reason, want to sacrifice HJK's raw power for an extra Atk boost)/Thunder Punch/Crunch with my Scrafty. For some reason, people never seem to see the offensive set coming. Probably because it's usually outclassed offensively, but it fills a pivotal role on my team.

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

I can certainly understand it. The offensive set is fun, but it's one you really only do because you like Scrafty. Other Pokemon can do that but better, whereas the Shed Skin Scrafty has his own little niche that keeps him going even if he has dropped down to UU. Plus, that set can be taken down much easier; the brute strength approach is great but can fall really quickly if you're not prepared. I've messed around with the Moxie set before in White 2's PWT, and it was tons of fun. But against human opponents, I prefer the Shed Skin set just because it's so fun using him to mess with them. Toxic users become useless, and anybody going up against him has to be willing to sacrifice their item. I like the more mischievous mindset behind it, I suppose.

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

To the surprise of absolutely nobody in the history of ever...

Eevee's been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Majority of the reason is because of how freaking adorable Eevee is. On the other hand, they're very interesting since they can evolve in so many different ways. Espeon's been my favorite for quite awhile on that front. She was also my first shiny in X after hatching eggs for something like a week through the Masuda method. I figured that since I had never seen a shiny at the time, I might as well make my first my favorite Pokemon as well! :D

My box probably looked something like this...

Big image or something

(Russ can attest to the validity of this as he traded with me after I finished and saw the mass amount of eevees in the thumbnails of my boxes)

I ended up with another shiny while breeding Eevees for an eeveelution tourney back in July. O: Really like the colour scheme of them.

Example!

• The Satellite, Russ and Aevin like this

#15 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

D'aww ... I love Eevees, too. The gray ones are awesome. Do you have a non-evolved Eevee that's trained to be strong?

My idea has been to train it for Attack and Speed, then use Protect, Substitute, Detect and attempt to sweep with Last Resort. Too bad its speed is so low ... :(

• SpacemanDan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users