Photo

Your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What kind of ZC game whould you like more?

Your favored type of gfx ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

My alltime favorite has and will always be Newfirst

#17 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

PTUX all the way. It has a "happier" feel to it than DoR, and I'm more used to it than any other Set. I like how it's a combination of GB and SNES graphics... The GB half of it is what means the most to me.

Which means yes, EZGB is my second favorite Set. Though it's too bad they didn't include a few of those obscure tiles I wanted the most... *can't remember*

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have to disagree with you about PTUX being "happier". All of the palettes are very dark, giving PTUX a somewhat gloomy feel, unless you want to take the time to redo the palettes. Well, there is that one "bright" palette, but other than that, it's gloomy.

#19 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

I think Schwa means that everything is more surrealistic and have happy looks, he is not speaking about the palettes, Russ.

I like DoR most, DoR 2.0, while I like the old DoR too. DoR has the ability to make your screens very detailed and make them real artwork.

#20 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Oct 24 2008, 10:22 AM) View Post

PTUX all the way. It has a "happier" feel to it than DoR, and I'm more used to it than any other Set. I like how it's a combination of GB and SNES graphics... The GB half of it is what means the most to me.

Which means yes, EZGB is my second favorite Set. Though it's too bad they didn't include a few of those obscure tiles I wanted the most... *can't remember*
Well can't you get the needed tiles from a vg map or something of the sort, and simply add them? You may have to re-do the pallets, or even the tiles. Depends what your trying to add. If it's not that hard for you, you could very well make an update or a whole new tileset out of it right?

I am interested in doing this myself. I'm not to good with adding the pallets, if I had more experienced with doing so I'd surely create a tileset or two. If anyone is experienced with it and would like to help me, maybe we can get some new tilesets going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users