Photo

Hip-hip horray! It's Bug Squishing Day! (Oct 15th)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Well, they really don't need to, do they? Can you think of a single step with which they need be concerned?

#17 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

Sure.

The actual removal of the bugs from the code.

#18 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Well, of course I cannot guarantee that they will fix them. Neither can anyone else. But if we give them detailed bug reports, I don't see why our few remaining developers wouldn't.

#19 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

But hopefully they can give us a new build to work on that day.

But, I don't know if I am going to be able to do it afterall. I work on that day, and it is looks like it will be a busy day. So I'll let you know.

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Oct 4 2008, 09:16 PM) View Post

But hopefully they can give us a new build to work on that day.

But, I don't know if I am going to be able to do it afterall. I work on that day, and it is looks like it will be a busy day. So I'll let you know.

As far as I'm concerned, people who do a lot of work squishing bugs preceding Bug-Squishing Day will still get recognition, especially if they wanted to be involved in it in the first place...

Edit: It seems like I was a little out of line by saying this. Basically, if we want Bug-Squishing Day to be an event, it has to be assigned to a specific day. However, in the future I'm going to push for a date that lies on a Friday or a Saturday so more people can participate. icon_smile.gif

So, if this is going to be a "blitz" style group activity, perhaps we should set up an IRC channel for it, to collaborate about duplicate and already discovered bugs?

#21 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

I think I'd like to participate in this Bug Squishing Day, though the 15th is a weekday when I might be pretty busy. A weekend date would work out better I think, but for this one I'll have to wait and see. Also I have a whole lot of catching up to do with Zelda Classic, since I have not taken a look at the betas in a long while.

#22 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Radien)
So, if this is going to be a "blitz" style group activity, perhaps we should set up an IRC channel for it, to collaborate about duplicate and already discovered bugs?

Sure. In fact, I'd LOVE it if a bot could be set up in the main channel and in the Bug Squishing channel that would be able to give information on bugs by bug number and search the bug reports for duplicates, but it appears there's no existing infrastructure for that (ie. bugs are not classified by number and there is no way to search the report forums, plus someone would need to code and manage the bot). Oh well. I suppose we could search manually.

On a side note, I really do apologize for the inconvenient date. I wasn't thinking about other's schedules when I picked it, which I should have. In the future, I'll try to pick better dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users