Space = wiimote.Minus
Enter = wiimote.Plus
Leftctrl = wiimote.One
Alt = wiimote.Two
Z = wiimote.B
X = wiimote.A

Acts Like the NES Cotrroler for the VC (Holding the Wii Remote sideways

Anyway to get this to work you need
Bluetooth (porbly a Dongle will work I have inbuilt bluetooth but it dosn't like my wiimote but my dongle dose)
glovePIE (see Beging)
Zelda Classic (If you don't know about this then leave PureZC)
and porblay bluesolie
(not Free but can be used for free but had an 2MB allowes I've never went over that though)

Any Porblams PM me
(also if this is in the wrong place could a mod move it)
PS I think I heard there is sourport for Linux though anthore program see below post but I'm not sure
Also If it is true I woun't give suport for it

in action http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-TVTPE2oJwY

Edited by billy ronald, 18 September 2008 - 02:36 AM.

#2 Zieg30CT

Zieg30CT

Initiate

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

Consider this an add-on to your post so Linux users can also use your scripts

For Linux users, you can download the program XWii and use it in a similar fashion to GlovePIE as I don't recall GlovePIE having native Linux support. Writing scripts for it is essentially the same,(although the format is a little different) but in my opinion it's a little easier.

PS. Nice scripts I'll be using them later.

Edited by Zieg30CT, 16 September 2008 - 08:15 PM.

#3 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

Classic Controller Version is now Updated

CODE
/*
Version 1.1 Now has Inbuilt Volume Control
Hgreat for use in Fullscreen ZC
This is the Classic Controller Version
Want a script made pm me
Please run GlovePIE as an Adminastrater on Vista
MAy not Work on HP
*/

wiimote.Leds = 1

Up = wiimote.Classic.up
Down = wiimote.Classic.down
Left = wiimote.Classic.left
Right = wiimote.Classic.right
Alt = wiimote.Classic.b
LeftCtrl = wiimote.Classic.y
Z = wiimote.Classic.a
X = wiimote.Classic.x
Enter = wiimote.Classic.Plus
Space = wiimote.Classic.Minus
F1 = wiimote.Classic.L
F6 = wiimote.Classic.R
F7 = wiimote.Classic.ZR
F8 = wiimote.Classic.ZL
//note the flowing must be done on the wiimnote it self
VolumeUp = wiimote.Plus
// incress the Volume by Pressing Plus
VolumeDown = wiimote.Minus
// Same but Minuse

I'll do more scrpits is asked to I'm still learning it so don't expect one right away
(I'll also do non ZC Ones (I'm working on a TF2 one Right now))

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Wait, this lets you do ZC on the Wii? Sweet! Could you go into more detail on how to set it up though?

#5 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

No, it doesn't let you use ZC on the Wii. It lets you use a Wii-mote with your computer.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

Shame, I was looking forward to playing quests on the Wii. icon_unsettled.gif

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

May I ask why? o.o I mean what situations would have you with a Wii and not even a laptop at most?

#8 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

A cheap wireless mouse with a D-pad, and 7 buttons needs a reason to be awesome?

#9 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

This to me is a pointless waste of time and energy, though if it works it does gain some points for at least demonstrating the versatility of scripting. It's not like ZC gameplay has overly cumbersome controls that would be made easier to manage with it, so again I don't see the point. It seems like everyone is always trying to design ways to or wish for ways to use ZC on something other than a computer, and a computer to me is the best interface for the program. Another thing to consider, if ZC were able to be played on the Wii, it would then leave the realm of a fan work and potentially enter the realm of copyright infringement as well as being unapproved third party software developed for the system.

I think people just need to leave ZC to the system it was designed for and quit trying to port it to what would ultimately be less flexible systems. I suspect the major drive behind people wanting ZC ported to other systems is because they are younger kids who do not have limitless access to their parents computer and want the program ported to something they do have more limitless access to like for instance their gaming consoles. As much as it sucks, either they're possibly going to have to wait until either they are given their own computer or can get their own computer.

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Captain Magenta @ Sep 18 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post
This to me is a pointless waste of time and energy, though if it works it does gain some points for at least demonstrating the versatility of scripting. It's not like ZC gameplay has overly cumbersome controls that would be made easier to manage with it, so again I don't see the point. It seems like everyone is always trying to design ways to or wish for ways to use ZC on something other than a computer, and a computer to me is the best interface for the program. Another thing to consider, if ZC were able to be played on the Wii, it would then leave the realm of a fan work and potentially enter the realm of copyright infringement as well as being unapproved third party software developed for the system.

I think people just need to leave ZC to the system it was designed for and quit trying to port it to what would ultimately be less flexible systems. I suspect the major drive behind people wanting ZC ported to other systems is because they are younger kids who do not have limitless access to their parents computer and want the program ported to something they do have more limitless access to like for instance their gaming consoles. As much as it sucks, either they're possibly going to have to wait until either they are given their own computer or can get their own computer.

You complty never read the frist post

THIS IS NOT A THREAD ASKING FOR IT TO BE PORTED I'M SICK OF THOSE THREADS MYSELF
This is for pepole who want to play ZC with the wii remote on a PC note that WORD P C
and also to shut some pepole up about playing it on thier wii this is the best you are going to get for now

#11 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

Actually I did read the first post, and my comment about porting it was simply in response to some of the people who thought it would allow it's use on the Wii. However I did realize after reading my original post that I didn't really clarify my thoughts on what you actually did so for that I apologize. I still stand by my opinion though that using the Wiimote with ZC is kind of pointless since it's controls are so straight forward on your computer and the controls within ZQuest are too complex for the Wiimote, but again the fact that this was accomplished with scripting is impressive and speaks to the possibilities that are attainable for someone with some scripting knowledge and some patience so for that I commend your efforts. This is one of those things though that while for me it is cool due to the novelty factor, I then find myself also asking why do it? That's just my personal opinion though, so take it for what it's worth to you, and keep thinking of novel ideas as you'll eventually stumble on one that will truly shine for everyone.....

#12 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Though it may not be as useful for ZC in particular, this program is a mouse and keyboard bindings script, which, in itself, can make a lot of other things easier. I think something like this, though, would be better suited for FPS's though. If you can get some way for the Infrared thing to work right(not sure how) it could make FPSes easier and stuff, I think.

#13 Zieg30CT

Zieg30CT

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Well in order to make use of the Wiimote's infrared motion sensors you'd have to do one of two things:

1. Build a custom sensor bar (Not as hard as it sounds. If you want the guide for building one iI'll post the link)

2. You could use candles since they supposedly produce infrared light. I can't remember if this is true or not.

#14 bobrocks95

bobrocks95

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Does GlovePIE natively support IR detection? So it could be a possibility to use it in an FPS such as TF2? And yes, candles do work as a sensor bar. I've even used a lamp next to my TV before.

#15 Zieg30CT

Zieg30CT

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure it does as this youtube video demonstrates a script this guy wrote:

http://www.youtube.c...KA&feature=user

The video may not run right now as Youtube is doing their maintenance stuff.

Edited by Zieg30CT, 24 September 2008 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users