Photo

Band names.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Band names.

What should my band's name be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:22 AM

As I said practice practice ect. and so on! icon_wink.gif you will get it eventually. Hey did you listen to that song I told you about?
"Try not to breath" by r.e.m. if not, go to my, myspace and listen to it that would be a good sound for that song if you practice at it you will get it icon_wink.gif So have you decided on a name yet?

#17 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

Had a practice session today with two of the other members (drummer and the guitarist). we managed to record two songs (none of them either of the ones I have written), by using the guitarist's cd player which doubled as a cassette recorder, while we wrote one. I also went back up there later and made a small song that used the "Don't Go Away Now" chorus.

We came up with the name "The Supremacy", which sounds a bit like "The Supremes". Is it a good name?

#18 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

Damn, how did I miss this for so long??? Meh....

Anyway, The Supremacy doesnt sound too bad; but for some reason, I visualize a comic book cover when I hear it. There IS an alternative though, if you need a name for a short duration.

To Be Announced

Yup, seems lame at first, but mull it over, and see what you think. Ive known a couple bands that went by that name, but always ended up changing it later on. Besides, think of it this way. If you ever DID play a venue, your band name would appear as To Be Announced, and no one in the crowd, except those in the know, would know that that WAS the band name, and not just some band tagged to fill in a hole at the last second. Yes, Ive seen the mass confusion this can cause, and it can be quite fun, icon_razz.gif

~apoetalone~

Not helpful at all, Im sure, but thats my two cents......

#19 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

How about Muntlefunch. Then people can't pigeonhole you musically, and you'll be free to do what you like creatively.

Edit: I'm very tired, but that is a serious suggestion.

Edited by jimbob, 21 May 2007 - 04:20 PM.

#20 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

Roadkill. The Roadkill. IPB Image

#21 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:29 AM

Nope. No more names guys. Sorry, but I asked some of the others and they said they're sticking with what we've already got. Thanks for trying anyway. This thread could probably also help some other guy trying to start a band and figure out a name.. icon_eek.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users