Photo

I am pissed off to the point of no return.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Captain Magenta @ Mar 31 2007, 11:59 AM) View Post

Otherwise it is the responsibility of the custodial staff who maintain the rest of the school grounds to clean the cafeteria; that is what they are paid for and since you are not compensated in any way for your time, it is not only wrong and downright lazy to not hire a new employee, but I would think it is techically illegal (At least in the U.S.) to have you perform work intended for a paid employee of the school district and not pay or otherwise compensate you for your time.

Now that I think about, I have indeed seen other people around the school, mopping the floors and steps and such. Get them to do it. There are a couple of exchange students that have to do odd jobs around the school to help pay for the dorms and their way through school, etc. Not to sound rude or racist, but why don't they change of their schedules to do this?
QUOTE(Captain Magenta @ Mar 31 2007, 11:59 AM) View Post

Realistically I would consider talking to your parents about this and assuming they agree that you are being taken advantage of, first I would sit down with the principal and discuss your concerns, and then if he continues to be "unavailable" or unwilling to change his position then perhaps talk to the school district superintendent and request that something be done about this issue.

Well, I have talked to my parents, and they admit that it sounds more like punishment. Also, next week is my spring break, so I've got plenty of time to think about what to say to the principal. All I know is, something has to be done. But here's the thing: I go to a private school, so no superintendent. My school has preschool/kindergarten through college all on the same campus, and the academy (preschool/kindergarten through high school) principal has basically the final say on academy issues. There is a president of the campus, as well as a vice president, and a board, but they don't bother with the academy, just the college. I don't think that talking to the president would help anyway. The principal knows pretty much everybody in the academy, but the president and his board only know a few academy students, and those are the high schoolers that do alot with the college, like take alot of college classes. Pfft.

Oh well.

#17 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

Nah, don't take that. It's not your job to be doing that pish. Stand up for yourselves in a constructively and look cool. icon_cool.gif <- like that.

#18 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Dude, That so sucks. I'd just tell the principal to piss off.

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(Spantac @ Apr 3 2007, 06:40 PM) View Post

Nah, don't take that. It's not your job to be doing that pish. Stand up for yourselves in a constructively and look cool. icon_cool.gif <- like that.

I'm about to, really. I love those kids, and now I'm being ripped away from something I love to do into something I hate to do. However, sunglasses aren't allowed in school. Just kidding. icon_xd.gif
QUOTE(Daiv @ Apr 4 2007, 01:05 PM) View Post

Dude, That so sucks. I'd just tell the principal to piss off.

If I said that, I'd get kicked out of school. No, not really, but I would get corrected. At this school, they think that the best words in the world are cuss words. That is: crap, gosh, dang/darn, piss, etc.

Still, I would love to just go do all of this, but I'm a nice guy and that's not really how I flow. All I know is that I gotta do something about it.

#20 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(Spantac @ Apr 3 2007, 11:40 PM) View Post

That is cool...

Once again my view of the education system in MEDCs has worsened. You look after the kindergarteners as it's an extra-curricular activity, goes on your record as a plus point and will probably be beneficial on the way to higher education. Cleaning the tables isn't any of those. What they should do is make sure everyone cleans up their own damn mess. Remember, don't ever, ever think that the teachers know better. Most are incompetent.

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(jimbob @ Apr 11 2007, 03:21 PM) View Post

That is cool...

No it's not. icon_xd.gif

Once again my view of the education system in MEDCs has worsened.

I'm going to make this clear right now:

I go to a private Christian school.

Now, that's not against you or anything, I'm just clarifying, cuz if this were a public school, it would relate. Our school, God's Bible School & College (the K-12 is called Aldersgate Christian Academy alternatively), is chartered by the state of Ohio, but, like all private schools, is not publicly funded. So, it really has nothing to do with the USA being a MEDC, since private schools have nothing to do with the government.

You look after the kindergarteners as it's an extra-curricular activity, goes on your record as a plus point and will probably be beneficial on the way to higher education. Cleaning the tables isn't any of those.

You're absolutely right: It's not. Plus, if my future job requires me to look after children, I'll have a point of reference, and the experience, and the employer knows that I'm reliable and trustworthy with little kids. If somebody asks me what qualifications I have for a job like that, and I say, "Oh, I cleaned tables in high school," I doubt it's going to strengthen his/her opinion about how well I could do the job.

What they should do is make sure everyone cleans up their own damn mess. Remember, don't ever, ever think that the teachers know better. Most are incompetent.

Actually, the kindergarten teacher, for the most part, cleans up most of the kids' messes herself, besides stuff on the floor. Personally, I think that the fourth grades and up should learn to clean up their own messes, but I don't blame the younger guys for not being able to, and I don't think they should force all the teachers to clean everything, and that's the reason why they did at one point have a hired, paid worker to clean up. Here's basically a paraphrase of what the Principal told me and Ben:

"Guess what? You're not going to do Teacher's Aide anymore; instead you'll be cleaning tables. But there's good news! You still get your Teacher's Aide credits!"

To quote Daiv, piss off.

But yes, I'd call any teacher incompetent if he thinks wearing dress pants, oxford shirts, and dress shoes is normal, and wearing gym shoes with what he already wears "casual". That is so lame. And yes, the teachers don't know better. I don't care what they say, cuz apparently I've got better arguements and so do most of you.

#22 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

The fat little violin boy from orchestra laughed when I told him I went to my school. "Stantonbury Campus, where the thick kids go." Tbh, smart schools are more like rich people schools in this country.

Make a big point of it anyway, they always pay more attention to kids who don't stfu.

#23 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 11 2007, 09:39 PM) View Post

I'm going to make this clear right now:

I go to a private Christian school.

Dude, MEDC=More Economically Developed Country. What I meant was that education's supposed to be much better in wealthy countries than poor ones. However, this is nearly always the opposite: Education is much more important in poorer countries, so teachers and pupils take it seriously.

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(jimbob @ Apr 11 2007, 05:08 PM) View Post

Dude, MEDC=More Economically Developed Country.

I knew that. I thought you were talking about the public schools of America, where most of the influence comes from big daddy government. Private schools have nothing to do with bdg. That's what I was getting at. It's also reference for others so they know ahead of time I don't go to public schools.
QUOTE(jimbob @ Apr 11 2007, 05:08 PM) View Post

What I meant was that education's supposed to be much better in wealthy countries than poor ones. However, this is nearly always the opposite: Education is much more important in poorer countries, so teachers and pupils take it seriously.

Yeah. There are a few (probably alot of) countries with a higher literacy rate than America.

Still, there are still problems with the private schools, as demonstrated by principals who think a good reward for cleaning tables is retaining your credit. icon_sweat.gif

#25 dontknowme

dontknowme

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:49 AM

A similar thing happened to me a while back...
I had brought my own lunch in.(i dont trust thier food)It consisted of a chocolate pudding,pizza from last night, and a mountain dew. I decide to eat my pudding first, so I reach in my bag to get a spoon. then the lunch lady comes over, takes the pudding out of my hand, and says"you cant eat your dessert first" then she throws it in the trash. I get up and say "you got some nerve throwing my pudding away. I paid for it, you didnt. And where do you get off telling me I cant eat my pudding? I dont see a rule that says I cant eat dessert first!*points to rule chart*" then she throws a soapy rag at me, and says " you get table cleanup with an attitude like that!get it done before I get back!" then while she walking away I rush up behind her and punch her as hard as I can. while shes turning around, I pick up my pizza and smash it in her face.
I then said, "now whos a pizza face?" then I stormed out of the school and took the HRT bus home. I got expelled for it, and now I have to go to rivermont private school.

what Im trying to tell you is, if your going to hurt some body, make sure they suffer emotional damage, not physical damge. icon_evil.gif that leads many people to hurting themselves. so in the long run you dont get charged with anything. icon_sigh.gif

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

Dang, dontknowme, that's kinda harsh. I woulda just said "Uh, excuse me, but you ain't my mama. This is my lunch, and I will choose what I eat first." If the pudding wasn't opened, I would've dug it out of the trash, wiped/washed it off, then eat it. Or, maybe better, I would've talked to my parents and ask them to say something about it. They can't tell you what to eat first, and they also shouldn't make me clean tables for no apparent reason other than the guy quit and "Hey, The Satellite and Ben are free! Let's make them do it without their consent!" We weren't free. We were doing something we love to do. For goodness' sake, Ben has a brother and a sister in the class, and he probably likes hanging out with them at school as well as at home. I don't have a sibling in that class, but Sarah is like my sister, and I don't get to spend time with her at home! It pisses me off.

But yeah, dkm, if something like that happens again, tell 'em off and continue what you're doing.

#27 dontknowme

dontknowme

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

I also have had some trouble with her before,(shouldnt post it)
so I was already pissed at her. the whole pizza face thing was revenge for calling me pizza face.
But ive lightened up ALOT since then, and I have only 2 more years before I can go back to public school.

#28 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:30 PM

I guess this deserves an update, then we can proceed to let it die...

After a couple of days, I just decided to go with the kindergarteners to the gym, come back to the lunch room at a certain point, clean all the tables quickly, then go back. Eventually, we just ended up "forgetting" to do it most days, though we still did it maybe twice a week. Finally, Ben's a senior, and when the seniors went on their senior trip, it was over for me. Not because the principal said so, but because I decided so. Nobody said anything about it. After the week of senior trip, the senior's didn't even have to come back to school, so I continued to not clean. Tomorrow's the last day, so I'll (hopefully) be done with it forever, as they're supposed to hire somebody in the off-season ERR I MEAN summer vacation (my mind's on football right now icon_razz.gif ). There's going to be a new principal next year, as well, so I'm planning on making him sign a contract that states that he will under no circumstances pull me to be official table cleaner when the other guy quits. icon_razz.gif

The only "official" thing I really want to be anyways is the Self-Proclaimed Official Moderator of the 10,000 Post Countdown. icon_deformed.gif

Thank you for your time. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users