• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

Saffron City and Sector Z were good stages for big fights. I did like the SMB stage, that one was cool (the hidden one)

#32 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

You kidding me? The Super Mario Bros. Stage is my FAVORITE!!! icon_kawaii.gif

I also like Sector Z better than Corneria, for some reason. icon_unsettled.gif

#33 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 22 2007, 10:44 PM) View Post

Oh sure, but I bet you thought the 64 version was good before Melee existed. Just because something better came out doesn't mean something else automatically stinks icon_sweat.gif

The problem with SSB is that it lags too much. You don't realize that until you play Melee.

#34 NekoArc

NekoArc

trans catgirl extrodinaire

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

My primary characters are currently Donkey Kong, Luigi, Dr. Mario, and Mario; in that order. I'm getting to the point of where I can do regular matches with two level 9 characters and win by a small margin. For team battles against me, I'm having a hard time fighting three level 6 characters. My skill level isn't to where I can start using handicaps. Trying to get the hours needed to unlock Mewtwo is proving to be quite a challenge, but after that, I just need to unlock Mr. Game-and-Watch so I can play All Star mode.

#35 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

All-Star mode.... ah, I love that gametype. Difficult, but very rewarding (in a you-don't-get-anything-for-beating it way icon_deformed.gif).

#36 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

^ Except for trophies. Which are pretty much useless, anyways. icon_blah.gif

#37 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

I haven't played SSB in a while... I've only ever played it on an N64 emulator. I'm pretty good at it though. SSBM, on the other hand, I've had on the GC forever! How can you guys play with Jigglypuff and actually be good at the game!? Jigglypuff seems to be the most useless character to me. icon_confused2.gif But that's just an opinion. I'm usually good with Link. Spin Attack pwnz!!!
How can you say any of this after having owned the game "Forever?" BTW, Spin Attack is cheap. See what happens when (If?) you're beaten by another Link player who doesn't use it once during the match. Seriously. It'll make you rethink your usage of Link.

Also, I'll take you on as Jigglypuff online. icon_wink.gif I'll show you how "useless" she is.

#38 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

Why does everyone refer to Jigglypuff as "she"? icon_sweat.gif

#39 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jul 24 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post

Why does everyone refer to Jigglypuff as "she"? icon_sweat.gif

It's like how most people refer to a cat as she. Dunno why people do it...

Yes, Jigglypuff = pwnage (at least, with the right person.) I've won quite a few event matches with Jigglypuff, yet I can't beat the event match where you have to be Jigglypuff XD Still, there is no such thing as a useless character. Except for Pichu icon_razz.gif (j/k)

#40 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

Probably because it's politically incorrect to call "puffs" male. icon_shrug.gif ... ... I don't know! ... Stop looking at me like that! icon_freak.gif

#41 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 24 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

Except for Pichu icon_razz.gif (j/k)

You take that back. icon_glare.gif

JK I don't like Ice Climbers you don't have to like Pichu.

#42 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

Actually, I like Pichu. I've used Pichu a bit before. Is nice! But I still hate speedy characters (at least fighting them icon_frown.gif)

#43 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:15 PM

Just use regular "A" attacks often when they're in speed mode. (Proverbially speaking.) any attack will easily disrupt a speed-based attack, so as long as you're attacking more than moving, they'll have a pretty nasty shield to have to bypass to attack you.

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

Good strategy. icon_blah.gif

Pichu is good for speed. If only it wasn't for that genetic defect that makes it hurt itself when you use electric abilities. icon_unsettled.gif

#45 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Oh, something else I forgot to add. In regards to that "Use A Often" thing in my previous post, it's also GREAT for dispelling most ranged attacks. Specifically, Pikachu & Pichu's electric B attack, Samus's missile, I *think* Ness's PK Fire, perhaps Yoshi's Egg, (I'd hope. icon_razz.gif ) Samus's LESSER charge Beam, (When it's not fully charged. I don't really think it's worth risking trying it against the fully charged one.) .. eh, see for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users