Triforce Fanfare and Link Dying 'Plink'

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

I am changing all the SFX in my quest file to far more realistic sounds.  I am, however, confronted with two problem: a) there seems to be no way of changing the fanfare that plays after Link picks up a triforce piece, and b) I cannot find the 'plink' sound that plays after the 'Link dies' sound.  I found the answer to (b); it's the message sound.

Any help?

Edited by Geoffrey, 03 April 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#2 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

You can change the Triforce music by changing the Triforce Fragment's misc 1, which determines the MIDI to play when Link picks up a Triforce Fragment. If set to 0, it uses the default Triforce music. Also, when editing a message string, you can choose which sound effect to use for that message string, so you could load a custom sound effect to one of the free SFX slots and use that for your message strings instead of the default one.

#3 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Check "Cutscene MIDI" option for Triforce (fragment) in Item Editor.

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

I am changing all the SFX in my quest file to far more realistic sounds.  I am, however, confronted with two problem: a) there seems to be no way of changing the fanfare that plays after Link picks up a triforce piece, and b) I cannot find the 'plink' sound that plays after the 'Link dies' sound.  I found the answer to (b); it's the message sound.

Any help?

You can change the midi sound for acquiring a Triforce Piece. Just edit the Triforce (Fragment) in the Item Editor, and change "Cutscene MIdi" value to the ID of your desired midi. :D

EDIT: What the 2 guys above said XD

Edited by Demonlink, 03 April 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

It's kinda bad how a lot of SFX are used for multiple things. Other examples would be shield deflection sound that's also being used for the cursor on the continue screen, or the bomb drop sound, which is also being used for selecting an item to A or B in the subscreen.
  • Jared likes this

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the advice on changing the message SFX, guys.

I can probably work with a MIDI, and I certainly appreciate knowing about it, but is there a way to use a .wav or .mp3 for the Triforce instead?

#7 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Probably not, normally. Now, you might be able to set it to a blank MIDI and set its normal item pickup SFX to that .wav.

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Doesn't the lenght of the midi also define how long the animation is? I think a blank midi would cancel the item pickup sound effect early, but I don't know.

#9 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

That's true, however you could create a midi that is just a bunch of silences. ZC will play it and will not care that every note is a silence.

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yes, just set the volume of the MIDI to 0 and you're good to go.

#11 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Alright, I'll try that out sooner; thanks, guys.

EDIT:  It does work; however, the sound that plays once the health-bar is full seems to be cutting it off midway.  Is there any way to fix that?

Edited by Geoffrey, 04 April 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#12 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

I have no idea. This script might work. Or it might not.

item script playSFX{
    void run(int sfx){
        Game->PlaySound(sfx);
    }
}

#13 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

It still starts playing the sound, but then cuts off as soon as all hearts are refilled.

#14 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. In that case, you'll have to a) just use a MIDI fanfare, or b) re-script the Triforce from scratch (doable but less trivial).

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

You'll need a midi that is a bunch of silences, as Jamian said, and then make sure the midi got just the right lenght.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users