Building a House

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

In my quest, I've decided to have the overworld develop as the player progresses in the game. One of the screens I was just working on has a house, and a few carpenters around it. After the player beats Lvl. 5, the house is completed and inside is a Heart Piece. It's nothing special, but I just wanted to show it off. **NOTE: Do not comment on the lack of detail on the screen, it is unfinished.**

Pre-Lvl. 5
Spoiler

Pre-Lvl. 5 (Just showing the flags I used, and this is just Layer 0)
Spoiler

If you're wondering why there is no flag 25, it's because I just two separate flags for either side of the house by accident, I used flag 23 where flag 25 would have been.

Post-Lvl. 5
Spoiler

Feel free to comment if you like, I just wanted to show off a little bit.

Edit: I thought this was in the right category because it was about something I did in ZQuest, but I'm rethinking it and I'm not sure if I put this in the right place.

Edited by FefeRawft, 29 December 2010 - 05:18 AM.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

Nice! just wondering, why do you need so many flags?

#3 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Nice! I like it a lot, you've actually given me some motivation. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(Lynker @ Dec 29 2010, 11:27 PM) View Post

Nice! just wondering, why do you need so many flags?

Because he needed to change a lot of combos.

#4 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

How do you control it? How does beating lv 5 activate the secrets?

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

^ Yes, We all must know this secret! You don't know how much it would help me with my quest!

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I see what you did thar. So will the trigger for the alteration be a switch, an old fashioned 2.10 enemy trigger, or will you use scripting to make the triforce smoothly trigger the secret combos? I'm doing this in Sword of Ruin except instead of altering single screens, I'm changing entire maps. Not fun to set up...

#7 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Dec 30 2010, 02:11 PM) View Post

I see what you did thar. So will the trigger for the alteration be a switch, an old fashioned 2.10 enemy trigger, or will you use scripting to make the triforce smoothly trigger the secret combos? I'm doing this in Sword of Ruin except instead of altering single screens, I'm changing entire maps. Not fun to set up...

Is there a tutorial on doing such things? I'm not sure how this works but I need it to be in my quest. It's going to be
a huge quest so using this trigger thing would help so I don't have to warp to a completely new D-map.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately, you would still need a completely different DMap for the changed area. Since screen state carryovers can only carry over to one screen, I used it to change the warp tiles on certain screens to take you to a different DMap.

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Dec 30 2010, 03:49 PM) View Post

Unfortunately, you would still need a completely different DMap for the changed area. Since screen state carryovers can only carry over to one screen, I used it to change the warp tiles on certain screens to take you to a different DMap.

So, will i have to recreate every single D-map I've made to do so?
Example: D-map 1 village. On that village is a screen with a treasure chest that you cannot get because trees are blocking the way and
lumber jacks are cutting them down. D-map 2-5 are houses. and d-map 6 is level one. once you beat level on and get the 1st Triforce
piece, once you go back to that screen, it warps you to D-map 7 witch is a replica of D-map 1 only the trees are gone.
But, if you go into a house and exit, it is set to warp back to D-map one and the trees and treasure chest are there again.
Will I also need to make a bunch of new house D-maps?

#10 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

You can chain screen state carryover from one screen to the next to the one after that. No need to make a new DMap just for secrets.

#11 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Dec 30 2010, 03:49 PM) View Post

INCORRECT!!! I don't know why, but I just felt like saying that.
Anyways, you can have a "screen state carry-over" chain. But for a whole map, that would take ages. icon_razz.gif

#12 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Dec 30 2010, 04:07 PM) View Post

You can chain screen state carryover from one screen to the next to the one after that. No need to make a new DMap just for secrets.

And how would you do that? Is there any tutorials to do so? If so, send me a link pretty please. icon_smile.gif

#13 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Dec 30 2010, 02:11 PM) View Post

No scripting, just an enemy trigger. I actually got the idea of changing the overworld from Sword of Ruin icon_razz.gif

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Nice idea! I like it icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

I will definatley be doing something like this for Diamond Quest... This gives me radical ideas to use in the Treetop Village after I've done getting the Red Dragon (and the Triforce sequence of L3) working properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users