• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 DarkKing2

DarkKing2

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Jan 7 2010, 04:28 PM) View Post

You mean Zelda Quest itself didn't work, or you still have the same problem as before?

'Cause if ZQuest didn't work itself, then... there's definitely something wrong (or you're running Vista and need to disable Desktop Composition or something). If the quest still didn't work, then... I don't know what to say, except maybe one of the Devs around here will be able to manually hack into your quest file to fix the problem. icon_razz.gif

hack? how would they do that?

#17 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Well, when I say 'hack', I mean just look into the code of the quest file to find out what's abnormal about it. How else would they work on ZQuest and ZC? Do they add features from the outside? Nope, they gotta go deep into the code of the program! icon_heh.gif

Edited by AgentLym, 07 January 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:15 AM

I very much doubt that any of us can read the binary file directly if that's what you mean AL, but it's not too difficult to remove the password checking routine from ZQuest's code and open it in ZQuest though.

#19 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

Ah... that was my misunderstanding! icon_razz.gif

Well, sorry, Dark, but if you can't open it with anything, then you might have to start over... just don't delete maps with layers on them! ^^' Don't worry, this happens to everyone when they're just beginning (although it's usually something more serious, like the infamous Header Error that has plagued ZC with no reason or fix... it's happened to me before), but I usually just think of it as an opportunity to implement things I couldn't have earlier, and update graphics, design, and all those things.

It'll be disappointing at first, but inspiration and motivation tend to build themselves back up with time. icon_wink.gif

#20 DarkKing2

DarkKing2

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

i did not deleat anything and it just apeared randomly. but your probably right. thanks for the help

#21 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Oh, sorry for the assumption there! I just thought that you said earlier that you set the amount of Maps to less than you had or something. icon_razz.gif

But, yeah, these things happen. Header Errors happen for no reason as well, and they're the main problem you have to worry about. But as long as you have backups and autosaves turned on, there's usually nothing to worry about.

Sorry I couldn't help more! ^^'

#22 DarkKing2

DarkKing2

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

thanks for the help you provided

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users