A question on screen state carryover

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

To do it, do you just set the coordinates of the screen you want the secret combo to activate? And can you do multiple screens? Thanks.

#2 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

1: Yes
2: Yes, but it has to be done in a 'loop' - as in, Screen A carries over to screen B, which carries over to screen C, which carries over to screen A.

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

Really? What are those check boxes for then?

#4 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

What check boxes? The ones that disables certain things that screen state carryover carries over to the other screens?

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Nevermind. But it didn't work though. I set the correct screen number and everything.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Apr 22 2008, 05:42 PM) View Post

Nevermind. But it didn't work though. I set the correct screen number and everything.

You know, this has happened to me every time as well, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

#7 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

You need to set the second screen to have room state carryover with the first room.
Try that. If that fails to work, then there's a bug.

#8 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Oh! I see! Thanks!

#9 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

No problem. Screen state carryovers are a bit annoying to set up (like scripted FFCs), but they are awesome when used the right way (for instance, if you want two slightly different overworlds when you're using the day/night script, but don't want a player to pick up items that appear in both versions).

#10 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

... You can do this with items?! How?

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

(for instance, if you want two slightly different overworlds when you're using the day/night script, but don't want a player to pick up items that appear in both versions).

Please explain how! My quest is going to have a day and night system, and this would make it so much better!

Oh, and thanks for clarifying the RSCs for me.

#12 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

Set up the RSCs for the corresponding screens on both maps, and then (here's the trick), disable all the things that you want to keep separate on both maps (time-of-day specific secrets and chests, locked doors if you want two on a screen, that sort of stuff), and that's it. I think.
Does that help?

#13 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Pheonix @ Apr 22 2008, 08:24 PM) View Post

Set up the RSCs for the corresponding screens on both maps, and then (here's the trick), disable all the things that you want to keep separate on both maps (time-of-day specific secrets and chests, locked doors if you want two on a screen, that sort of stuff), and that's it. I think.
Does that help?

I don't get what you mean. Well, I mean, do you disable everything except for items? I'm confused...
You-> icon_whap.gif <-Me

#14 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

Just disable everything you don't want to carry over. Do you want the chest to carry over? If not, check the 'disable treasure chest' checkbox. If you do, leave it blank. Same for lock blocks, items, and everything else there.

Don't worry if it's confusing. I have no real idea of how to use the reset room combos or _L_'s Red/Blue switch gate script, and I designed a freakin' dungeon using the latter.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

You are definitely going in my credits list for helping understand the most useful ability of ZC! Thank you so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users