Photo

8 little pills...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: ...

Which pill would you take?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

A fun little topic. I saw this image on the internet, and thought I would ask you all which your preference would be. Naturally, the rule is that you can only take one, and it's yours for life.

IPB Image

Do please feel free to provide a thoughtful rationale for your choice, as well as any in-depth reasoning for such a choice. I look forward to hearing from you all.

-------------------------

Myself, I am actually quite pained by this. The Green Pill (Flight) and the Pink Pill (Shapeshifting) are completely tormenting me, forcing me to choose between them. Since before I was a child, I've wanted to do both. I know the obvious answer is to choose the Pink Pill and become a bird or something, but it would be anything but the same.

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yellow Pill -- Some thoughts I probably don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.
Green Pill -- Hell yeah! Flying is awesome.
Blue Pill -- Eh, I'm not dying to be great at sports, and the life limit sucks.
Orange Pill -- I feel like I'd become dependent on it and miss out on a lot of things that would ordinarily be enjoyable.
Red Pill -- I'm addicted to the Internet enough already; I don't need more of it.
Pink Pill -- Neat idea, but I'm not sure what I'd change my form to.
Gray Pill -- I thought about it, but I'd feel like I was cheating the system.
Black Pill -- This falls into the "ignorance is bliss" category again. I don't need to know the future.

Clearly, I'd pick the Blue Pill.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I was going to go for the green pill, to fly. And then suddenly, the pink pill comes along. With that, I can shapeshift into a bird to fly, or into several other things. Plus, it has a greater use time. So the pink pill's a clear winner for me.

Alternatively, I could use the black to become a stock market expert, but honestly, that feels kinda dishonest to me. So shapeshifting it is.

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Pills I wouldn't choose:
Blue Pill: Not a fan of the dying part.
Orange Pill: Just get weed icon_neutral.gif
Red Pill: I have a cell phone
Grey Pill: Don't need a pill to make someone fall in love with me.
Yellow Pill: Reading someone's mind would probably be pretty useless as what goes through our minds aren't always relevant sentence snippets like what TV shows and movies say they are.
Black Pill: I don't want to see the future, especially my relevant future as then all of my actions would become self-fulfilling and I would feel like I have lost all control.

That leaves the green pill and the pink pill.

I'm going to go with the pink pill, because with the pink pill, you can become something that flies. Hell, with the pink pill and the right creativity, you could probably accomplish the other pill's powers by being able to transform into the thing that does it. Turn into a mind-reader. Turn into a bird. Turn into a professional athlete. Become a stoned person. Become a cyborg with integrated mind-internet capabilities. Turn into the world's sexiest person. Turn into a seer. Pink pill has all of the other pills integrated into it.

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I would take the Pink Pill, for the sake of being able to Shape shift. it would be a neat skill to have. I don't what I would do with it but.
I've always wanted turn into a animal or something and run free... Only for 2 hours though icon_razz.gif

If I had a chance I would take black pill to, Seeing into the future might be cool... Well until you see something you don't want to happen and you try to change it and something goes wrong.

#6 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yellow.

With that kind of power you could become a master of manipulation despite the limitation of 5 uses per day, and basically you could become set for life through schmoozing icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, how easy would interacting with anyone be with that kind of power? Land any job interview by knowing what to say immediately, for example.

#7 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Pink pill. The end.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm afraid to pick the pink pill for some reason. I feel like the level of limitation of the shapeshifting will be severely limited by the external selection of fauna available to the earth, rather than the internal desires of the person who took the pill.

What if the reason the Pink Pill is taken is to be able to fly, but you forget how to be a person while you're a hawk, and your plans are obfuscated by your sudden need to find a hawk mate or preen on a distant ledge? You'd be far more prone to get yourself stuck.

At least with the green pill, you can mimic the ability to fly while still retaining your human senses, and can manage your time well enough to stay in the air just long enough to do what you need / want to do. Bring a stopwatch if you'd like. I'd be afraid that as a Hawk, I'd just drop it somewhere and fly off to find some worm to eat. Wouldn't want that in my stomach when I shift back. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not even overthinking this. I like have a whole plan for this...

#9 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'd take the pink pill, as it sounds like something amusing and fun to mess with. icon_smile.gif I don't have much more reason than that. :3

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Strato @ Oct 19 2012, 09:11 PM) View Post

Grey Pill: Don't need a pill to make someone fall in love with me.
How cocky. icon_razz.gif

Anyways! I choose the gray pill. (I feel like the only one that did, and will. icon_razz.gif)
I dunno, they never specified if it would be gradual or in an instant.

And to pick the person/people (Most likely person) I want? I have two people in mind I would use it on...or maybe just one.

Sigh.

#11 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

I choose the green pill, because why not? Flying is awesome. icon_slycool.gif

#12 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Pink pill for obvious, perverted reasons.

#13 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

The pink pill is a cruel tease if you have to revert back to your original form after only two hours each day, isn't it?

#14 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I would choose the red pill.

I would download as much science and knowledge as I could during the duration. And thus, I would become an organic super computer

#15 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

I would choose the green pill over all of them. Now is that a maximum of one hour per flight, adding up to three hours a day, or one hour for the whole day? I believe the wording indicates a total of one hour a day. Regardless, being able to fly would be too fun. I would just need a parachute, so I don't accidentally fall to my doom when my powers expire for the day.

Second would be the back pill. Who says I need to use my powers publicly. This power could make me very rich.

Third would be the yellow pill. This pill would help me learn so much about people. If reading others minds becomes too much of a burden, I can always ignore my powers.

Fourth I would choose the pink pill. This pill would just be fun to mess with people.

Fifth would be the red pill. I could look like Mr. Know it all in front of everybody, or I could just surf youtube when I'm in a boring situation with no internet access.

Sixth would be the orange pill. Sure why not.

Seventh would be the grey pill. This pill is totally selfish. You could make a very rich person love you, and have them give you their money. That way you can get more fake love with money, so you can save your powers for the cream of the crop.

Last would be the blue pill. Sure I could be a super star in my favorite sport, but the shortened life span would not be worth it. This would be the only pill I would avoid. Of course, if I was 90 years old, this power would be amazing.

Edited by Yloh, 20 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users