Photo

POLL: Removing Favorite Aliases

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Aliases

Would you be lacking for space if Favorite Aliases were removed?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 September 2023 - 09:35 PM

Already asked this on both the discords, but for anybody not on there, here's the deal. I've been considering merging Favorite Combos with Favorite Aliases and allowing it to include entries from any of the combo lists (Currently combos, aliases, pools, soon to be autocombos as well). This would involve scrapping the existing Favorite Aliases section entirely. This would give easier access to favorite tools without having to use the favorite command or drawing mode buttons. The downside is users lose out on the up to 140 slots exclusive to favorite aliases and any favorite aliases from prior quests will be discarded.

Is the Favorite Aliases list a feature anybody uses? Would it be inconvenient if it were to be removed?

• Bagu likes this

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2023 - 11:28 PM

Nulled because I don`t have that much combo aliases usually to have need of catalogization. But if you plan to merge favorite combos with other forms, you probably need to expand Favorite Combos table. I have seen that many tilesets, mostly 16-bit styled ones, have Favorite Combos page completely filled with bookmarks for quick scrolling across huge combo table, and any more favorite combos would not fit at all and may break those quests upon merge. Also we need a way to tell apart whether entry is a normal combo, an autocombo, a combo pool, or alias in one favorite combos table.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 September 2023 - 02:39 AM

Nulled because I don`t have that much combo aliases usually to have need of catalogization. But if you plan to merge favorite combos with other forms, you probably need to expand Favorite Combos table. I have seen that many tilesets, mostly 16-bit styled ones, have Favorite Combos page completely filled with bookmarks for quick scrolling across huge combo table, and any more favorite combos would not fit at all and may break those quests upon merge. Also we need a way to tell apart whether entry is a normal combo, an autocombo, a combo pool, or alias in one favorite combos table.

Quite a few good points here. Following these points in order:

• On the idea of expanding the favorite combos list I have a couple ideas. The first is to have a way to import and export just the favorite combos. This way you can have favorites setups for every area in your quest as you're working on it. Seems like it'd come in handy. The second would be adding some kind of tab or page system to favorites. This hits some snags with the amount of free space in the UI. It'd have to be a button that triggers a dropdown most likely and at that point it's in the same position as the Favorite Aliases were, where it's an extra hassle to navigate. 
  • For tilesets that use favorite combos as bookmarks, I question then why not just have a system for bookmarks? Don't have the foggiest how it'd fit into the UI once again, but it's not a bad feature idea at least. 
  • Icons on favorite combos specifying the type are planned. Thinking maybe the letters AL (alias) PL (pool) and AU (auto). And of course a setting to not show these for people who don't like it.

#4 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 September 2023 - 05:21 AM

It'd have to be a button that triggers a dropdown most likely and at that point it's in the same position as the Favorite Aliases were, where it's an extra hassle to navigate. 

Here is propose for buttons that scroll through Favorite Combos pages, for Expanded and Compact UI modes.
HA8JvPR.pngN3lAUaq.png

Edited by Alucard648, 17 September 2023 - 05:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users