• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#181 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Bug:

The cheat buttons interfere with the input of the A,B,L,R etc buttons in scripts.

For example, if you have cheats activated and you set L to the A button on your keyboard (which is a cheat shortcut to refill arrows), Zquest will think you're not holding L constantly. So if you make a script that runs as long as you hold L, it won't work properly. It drove me nuts figuring this out... X_X

#182 CalAni

CalAni

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

I searched through this thread and see others having lost save issues. Not sure if this is the correct thread since the  latest 2.50 (8.5MB) version I downloaded shows 2.5.5 when I open ZLaunch.

I went to play my games about 5 minutes ago and all save files were gone. It did not ask me if I wanted to make a new save (which would of course erase the old), it just launched in to showing no saves located. The odd part is that the ZC.sav file is still there and my backup of my ZC Save is not being recognized either. I have done three things so far but all just lead to a blank save screen:

1. Replaced the ZC.sav with my backup
2. Deleted the ZC,sav and unzipped my backup in to the folder
3. Re-downloaded the 2.50 (8.5MB) program and unzipped it elsewhere on my computer and unzipped my backup.

This is only my fourth quest I played with the other three being the original Zelda, and two fan made ones called "God of Power (originally Adventure of Time)" and "Legend of the 3 Elements".

My heart sank because I was on the 2nd to last dungeon (of the 17 or so) of "Link's Quest For The Hookshot 2". This was my third quest as the first two I mentioned were already completed (and I am the only one who uses this computer).

Other things I have done and/or has happened:

1. Made copies of my in-game saves and deleted old ones as I progressed the story (usually during same game sessions)
2. I made a backup and played through Link's Quest For the Hookshot 2 Dungeon 7 twice yesterday in the same game sessions (to play both Easy Mode & Hard Mode)
3. It crashed once but that was three days ago so I'm guessing that shouldn't be the issue seeing how I was able to play fine yesterday

My ZC.sav is showing 3.7MB is size (if that matters):

https://mega.co.nz/#!QA5nTDJT (3.7 MB)

Current status of my game in Hookshot 2:

http://imgur.com/BHGkHzG

Along with the version of the program I am using:

http://imgur.com/eFESF6i

For now I downloaded the same program and placed it elsewhere to continue playing other quests so I can leave the other untouched if anything from there needs to be accessed.

#183 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Okay, I can tell you why the save file got deleted. Closing and very quickly reopening ZC confuses it and causes it to delete the save file. So whatever you do, don't do that. As for why the backup save file isn't working... I have no idea. Hopefully a dev can figure that out.

#184 CalAni

CalAni

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks, that's good to know about the close/open quickly issue. I don't think that was it since I never done that other than the one crash I mentioned and no issues arose there. At the time of my first post it was at least a good 8 hours before I opened the program again which is when it showed no saves. Should the .sav have been deleted if the saves are gone or is it permanently there once it is created for the first time regardless of a situation such as this? 

Is it possible to get my save file back/recreated (new to all this) or am I screwed? If not I'll just look for other quests to play since I really don't feel like doing all that over again just for what I assume are the last two dungeons. Which is sad seeing how it was really well made and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game.

Edited by CalAni, 26 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#185 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well, you said you have a backup zc.sav, so that SHOULD work. If it's not, then there's something else going on here. I'd upload and post the save file and see if the developers can do anything about it. It's really weird that your backup isn't working.

#186 CalAni

CalAni

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I may not have been clear in my first post. The back up .sav (which is also linked in that post) showed up blank when I unzipped and copied over the old .sav that also showed blank this morning. I then deleted the .sav and unzipped the back up in to the folder but again showing blank saves. That is when I downloaded the program and tried in a different location of my hard drive but to no avail.

I no longer have the original .sav that showed me nothing this morning since I had already coped over it with my zipped back up. The picture just shows how far along I was and am willing to give more details if needed and if it can be saved. If not it sucks but oh well, I will probably play it again at some point since it was really fun and would like to see more from the creator, but for now on to other quests.

#187 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

How do you change maps in 2.5 without using a mouse scroll button? I'm on a win7 laptop and can't seem to find a way (i've checked all the dropdown menus and haven't found anything but map count).

#188 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Should be able to use the , and . keys.

#189 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yup, it works. Thanks.

#190 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

I'm having trouble using the Drawtile command. I try to draw onto the subscreen using it (I draw the tiles on Layer 7, which is above the Subscreen and using negative Y vaues), but the tiles don't show up. Is there anything wrong with them?

#191 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hi there, Ok, here is my problem, since after I've upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, i cannot set item locations nor new shop types in ZC 2.5., since it crashes upon trying to do this mentioned. So, is there a workaround this? Because, i barely managed to finish my quest demo, and right now, some areas I need items for are useless right now. 

Is there any fix?

#192 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Basically, Windows 8 and ZC are like a young teenager and his mother. They'll just scream at each other until one of them slams the door too hard and the whole house falls apart.

What you might try doing (and keep in mind, I have no idea if this will work, just an idea) is running ZC inside a Windows XP emulator, or possibly find a Linux distribution that you can run inside Windows. You could just run ZC inside that, and it might. Again, I'm no expert on this, so I can't say if that would actually work. But it's the best idea I can think of, so you might as well give it a shot.

#193 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi there, Ok, here is my problem, since after I've upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, i cannot set item locations nor new shop types in ZC 2.5., since it crashes upon trying to do this mentioned. So, is there a workaround this? Because, i barely managed to finish my quest demo, and right now, some areas I need items for are useless right now. 

Is there any fix?

I haven't Windows 8 but... Hasn't Windows 8 the typical "compatibility mode with XP"? Maybe you can open Zquest in compatibility mode and Zquest would work perfect... I don't know.

#194 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Actually, I have tried that with no luck. I'm thinking about waiting for the 2.50.1 update, which means god knows how much I'll have to wait. OR, since it is only item locations issues, I could just ignore that part for a while and work on the rest of the game. OR, I can just put items in chests, since Zquest doesn't crash that way. i have 3 possible options...

#195 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

So, I tried loading Trinity Worlds in 2.50, and this happens:

zelda046.png

It goes back to normal when I close ZC and reopen it, whether or not I delete the file. So probably minor, but something worth reporting I suppose.

EDIT: It reappears if I exit to main menu after playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users