Homebrew Channel Easy to Install now

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:07 AM

I just finshed installing the homebrew channel on my wii and IT WORKS it's very easy using bannerbomb just make sure you do everything right.

I got a GUI Interface asking me what I wuld like to install and I installed DVDX and the Homebrew channel if someone could tell me how to do the bootmii install I would thank them because i don't want to brick my wii.

DO NOT PLAY SUPER MARIO WAR WII!!! my wii crashed twice playing that

Edited by Billy Ronald, 17 July 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#2 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hackmii installer package has HBC, DVDx and BootMii. most Wii's 2008 and older will work with Bootmii, not sure about newer ones but I know some models aren't supported at all.

#3 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Newer Wiis can use the Banner Bomb or so I think it is called. All I'm saying is ROMs and ISOs of games are illegal if you don't own 'em and even then it's fishy so.. yeah. icon_smile.gif

FTPii is cool though !

#4 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Takuya @ Jul 17 2009, 06:46 PM) View Post

Newer Wiis can use the Banner Bomb or so I think it is called. All I'm saying is ROMs and ISOs of games are illegal if you don't own 'em and even then it's fishy so.. yeah. icon_smile.gif

I know i installed it using bannerbomb and I'm not using it for roms. I've installed it for one reason Playing SSBB with cheats (i've almost 100% it and I'm board with it so cheats liven things up for me) that and when we can play custom music and have texture hack in the pal version of the game i'll be doing that.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Wait, you can use texture hacks in Brawl? How?

As for me, to be honest, the main thing I use the Homebrew Channel for is playing certain old games (like Sonic 3 & Knuckles) on the Wii. icon_smile.gif

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Billy Ronald @ Jul 17 2009, 02:07 PM) View Post
DO NOT PLAY SUPER MARIO WAR WII!!! my wii crashed twice playing that

Just because your Wii crashed doesn't mean it's gonna get bricked.
It was probably just a memory leak or something - not great but not gonna cause any damanage.

#7 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 17 2009, 08:31 PM) View Post

Just because your Wii crashed doesn't mean it's gonna get bricked.
It was probably just a memory leak or something - not great but not gonna cause any damanage.

Don't want to take the chance though joe.

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

The point I'm making is that there's no chance.

Do you stop using your computer when it crashes?

#9 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:02 PM) View Post

The point I'm making is that there's no chance.

Do you stop using your computer when it crashes?

if you seen what i seen after wards was a dev screen like a dos screen with a weird noise. I would do the same thing on my computer it's bascily the same as a blue screen i got.

#10 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

I know, I've seen that screen plenty before.
'Stack Dump', right?
That's 'you've used all of my memory resources so I'm turning off icon_badrazz.gif', it's not 'I'm breaking don't do this again'.

#11 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:35 PM) View Post

I know, I've seen that screen plenty before.
'Stack Dump', right?
That's 'you've used all of my memory resources so I'm turning off icon_badrazz.gif', it's not 'I'm breaking don't do this again'.

Yeah but it looks scary icon_eek.gif plus i don't want to take many risks

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

You will be fine, I've had that come up in the SNES9XGX Emulator before. It's just something happening that confused the Wii for a short time. I don't usually worry about it too much. Now, what are you wondering about BootMii? I found it's picky to install, at least on mine. It wanted a certain SD card to do it. icon_shrug.gif I did the boot2 method BTW.

#13 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Takuya @ Jul 18 2009, 03:46 AM) View Post

FTPii is cool though !
Yes, everything can be installed but BootMii when it comes to fairly new Wii's. BootMii can't be installed as IOS or BOOT2 option on recent Wii's afaik so you can't backup your Wii in case one of them error screens DO **** up your Wii icon_razz.gif

Edited by franpa, 18 July 2009 - 12:30 AM.

#14 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

OK i just done bootmii so yeah thanks for telling me what option angeal.

Anyway I just found out there was an update. I'm not doing it now.

#15 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

I've tried Super Mario War and it didn't crash.

Yeah, installing Homebrew Channel by following the instructions off the Homebrew Wiki Page makes things pretty easy. It'll take a little bit, but at least you won't have to try the Twilight Hack, which I never tried but sounds annoying.

It's kinda funny really... when I got into hacking, Bannerbomb had come only weeks before then, and then when I got into adding custom music to Brawl yesterday, the things had been released a few days ago.

I don't understand BootMii, but then again, from the little I understand from it, I don't need it, and so far that's been proven to be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users