Anikom's Low-Fat Tunes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Hello. I am Anikom, King of the Cheesenauts. Welcome to my domain.

I made this topic to share my music with the community here. You can do whatever you want with it. I haven't made any game music until coming here, however, so don't expect anything to be plug-and-play. I'll continue to make more music, both for games and for not.

MIDIs
I've begun working on MIDIs specifically to use as game music. You can use them in your quests, but please give me credit. I might put them up on YouTube as well. All of my MIDIs are composed with Microsoft's built-in synthesizer, since it is the most common MIDI synthesizer. However, it should sound fine with other synthesizers.

Spoiler

Anikom Trax
This is my flagship product. 22 tracks have been officially completed, and you can do whatever you want with them. (I must ask that you give me credit. Perhaps a link to my YouTube Channel, too, but that's optional) Most of these tracks are 'dance' tracks, very long, and probably unsuitable for games without some editing. You can listen to them here:
http://www.youtube.c...107CBA25D800A80

Since listening to all of them is daunting, here is a catalogue guide with brief information and some biographical notes.

Spoiler

The Last Emperor Original Soundtrack (May Be Updated in the Future)
For those that don't know, The Last Emperor is the quest I'm working on. It's gonna be cool. Anywho, I made some music for it in a file called lastemperor.nsf. It's an NES sound file and will work with ZC 2.50. Some are arrangements of songs by other composers, and some are originals. The originals are marked with an asterisk:

• Legend of Zelda - Fairy Fountain
  • Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Field (ALttP)
  • Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Castle (Wind Waker)
  • Phantom's Theme*
  • Metroid Fusion - Some Kind of Ambiance Track That I Forget the Name Of
  • Legend of Zelda - Kakariko Village
  • Cyclops' Cave*
  • #5 w/o Melody
  • Legend of Zelda - Boss Battle (ALttP)
  • Legend of Zelda - Dark Golden Land
  • Granhandla's Theme*
  • Not Sure Yet*
  • Not Sure Yet*
  • Handel - Passacaille fr. Suite in G minor

WHERE DO I GET ALL THIS STUFF?
Right, well you can download the whole Anikom Trax here (well, most of it. I don't have masters for Windows 95 and 98, unfortunately):
http://www.mediafire...m_trax_flac.zip

They're FLAC files. They're lossless, which basically means they're perfect quality and suitable for editing. See https://xiph.org/flac/ for more info. You can convert these to MP3 or whatever desired format you'd like. This package is quite large, so I'll be uploading individual tracks throughout the day. You can get those here:
https://www.mediafir...5a327i8p/Anikom

lastemperor.nsf is here:
http://www.mediafire...lastemperor.nsf

Requests
Yes, I will consider requests of these kinds:
1. Trivial modification (i.e. possible with a program like Sony Sound Forge) of any of the songs above.
2. Untrivial modification (i.e. impossible with a program like Sony Sound Forge) of any of the songs above, excluding Windows 95, 98, Persephone's Theme, and Silicon Jungle.
3. A totally new track for your game, as an audio file, MIDI, MOD, or NSF.

I will probably object to these requests (but not totally opposed):
1. MIDI remake of an existing song or chiptune remake of an existing song (e.g. NSF)
2. Remakes or remixes of popular songs

However, if you provide me sheet music, I might be swayed, depending on length of the song, quality of the sheet music, difficulty, &c.

I Want You (Me?) To Be On My (Your?) Team! (What?)
If you would like me to make a lot of music for you, or you just want something very specific, we ought to collaborate privately. Send me a PM and we'll talk. Note that I'm usually pretty busy so don't expect me to cook up something at the last minute!

In Conclusion...
If you have any questions, please ask! I will try my best to accommodate you. Feel free to give criticism and feedback as well.

Fin

Edited by anikom15, 16 April 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#2 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

[highly recommended]

#3 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Do you work with MIDI files, or MP3 files? I've been trying to get a better version of "Lockjaw's Saga" (Donkey Kong Country 2 - swimming levels) for my quest since the best existing version I could find still sounds rather bad, by converting the SPC into an MIDI. However, it doesn't convert the instrument data and you have to select each instrument for each track. I've tried doing that myself, but I don't seem to be very good at it since I haven't been able to get it to sound very good. Would you mind doing the instruments for the song if I sent you the SPC (for reference) and MIDI?

#4 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I have the SPC, but you can send me the MIDI and I'll give it a shot.

#5 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Here it is. The program I was originally planning on using turns out to not have a working MIDI converter, and SPC2MIDI isn't compatible with Anvil Studio, which is the only program I know of that lets you edit MIDI files. I found a different program specifically for Rare games, so I hope this one works.

https://www.mediafir...1rp4zv51hzyo65h

#6 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

That program puts all the channel data into one track. Since you can have all kinds of samples with one channel, I have to manually split each track and assign the proper instruments. I've gotten about half-way done with that, but then there's more I'll have to do with balancing and such. It's not going to sound amazing though. It'll sound okay. Probably better than what's on vgmusic, but no guarantees.

You know, it might not hurt to include an SPC with your quest. ;)

Edited by anikom15, 13 February 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#7 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm kind of trying to avoid having to bundle multiple different files with the quest. At most, I'd like to just include a readme file, but I was hoping to make it as close to being able to just start it and play as I could.

#8 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Gonna try to write some MIDI music today. Kurt do you still want me to work on that MIDI for you?

#9 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

It'd be nice to have the finished one in my quest, but no need to rush on it if you have other things you'd rather do.

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

I finished a MIDI. Look at the first post for info. I also have another one on the shelf, incomplete, so hopefully I'll get something good out of that (it's a classical piano trio suitable as theme music for a title screen or something).

#11 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

Amazing stuff. Two thumbs up.

#12 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Instead of sleeping, I wrote an étude. It is a genuine étude because I wrote it to improve my own skill. I intend to write one for every other key as well (which may very well lead to 24 in total, but given that I can't play scales in all keys [fluently] don't expect The Well-Tempered Clavier any time soon, and if you are wondering what the heck I am going on about remember it is 4:50 in the morning and I have not slept at all instead spending all my time writing a stupid étude. [Specifically, three hours.])

#13 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Two new MIDIs up: another étude and an ambient MIDI from my new project called The Continents: 7 tracks inspired by the regions of the earth.

#14 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

I made a MIDI of the Hyrule theme. Why? Because why not? I don't think I haven't heard a MIDI that really does this theme justice. This is a full orchestration for brass, violins, and drums, just like in A Link to the Past. Koji Kondo cleverly achieved an impressive brass sound for the SNES by using chorded samples and echo effects. This MIDI preserves this effect with delay channels and horns doubling the brass parts.

http://www.mediafire...6a/hyrule_2.mid

Check it out! (It's loud!)

#15 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

What is the intended tempo for this score? I played it in QT, and it seems like Hyrulish music at a very fast pacing... I'm not sure if that's just a QT error, or if it's your intent.

Loading the file in ZC plays silence, with a length of '89'. Loading any other MIDI after this in ZC also plays silence; but it's not a ZC error:

I set it as an overworld MIDI in a quest, and that quest also plays silence in ZC, but still makes SFX as expected.

Perhaps the file was corrupted in some way when you uploaded it; or perhaps your MIDI output didn't encode it properly from the onset.

...well, it seems that after playing it in QT, no MIDI will play, in ZC or ZQ. I also tried it on my Mac, and it plays at the very fast tempo there as well.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 16 April 2014 - 04:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users