Photo

Advance alternate Classic Link

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

No, actually. You just make sure the colors of Link's tunic are found in CSet 5 or which ever is normally designated for Link. So, all the greens you use for Link's tunic would be in CSet 5. Though LTMs could work too if you set it up right, I assume. icon_smile.gif

#17 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Just noticed that you have animated gif's in the first post. And - wow! - this looks extremely nice.

#18 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

The animations look super smooth and the tiles are really nice but, there's one thing bothering me, the lack of black outline. It probably wouldn't really fit well into most tilesets because of it. icon_unsettled.gif

#19 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ May 1 2010, 07:03 PM) View Post

The animations look super smooth and the tiles are really nice but, there's one thing bothering me, the lack of black outline. It probably wouldn't really fit well into most tilesets because of it. icon_unsettled.gif

Agreed. Unless if it's a custom tileset, I doubt it would fit into DoR well.

#20 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

A minor edit such as altering the darkest shade of all colours to black should do the job, but I might be wrong here. Anyways, I agree that the common tilesets do not really support this Link, however, I still think that he looks way better than the ones with black outline.

#21 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ May 1 2010, 08:03 PM) View Post

Serenia on DOR doesn't have a black outline, and yet she still works in the set icon_wink.gif. Don't knock it 'til you try it icon_smile.gif. Also, its an easy user-fix anyway, so if you have a problem with non-black-outlined things, you can fix it yourself when you get the completed sheet.

UPDATES! Refresh, see first post...

Updates include:
-Full Directional walking.
-Full Directional rolling/jumping.
-Completed Shield Set walking.
-More animated GIFS to show how they animate. I know it looks like his head moves abit when jumping Right/Left, and that is because in the "end" frame, his head is to be poked out a pixel to show he's ready to land, like on MC. For your scripts, make sure that once it hits that frame, the animations are over.
-Larger width of sheet (that's as big as it is going to get), which requires it to be reduced to a link.

Thanks for commenting and giving me feedback, really appreciated and it helps the creators build their sheets icon_wink.gif.

Edited by Koh, 05 May 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#22 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

I'm impressed that the sprite actually looks like he's running. Most of the time I can never get that to look good.

#23 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'm quite interested in these tiles now. How many colors do these use? I might replace my link tiles with them, maybe...

#24 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:17 AM

Wow, this is quite awesome, Koh. Good work here, definately! =)

#25 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

His head looks really square.

#26 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(Jimmyb @ May 6 2010, 03:32 AM) View Post

That's what I was going to say--but only for the front-on view. Otherwise, it is pure awesome.

#27 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ May 6 2010, 02:43 AM) View Post

I'm quite interested in these tiles now. How many colors do these use? I might replace my link tiles with them, maybe...

I'm not quite sure, but I do know that it needs 8-bit to use all the colors on the sheet.

That's what I was going to say--but only for the front-on view. Otherwise, it is pure awesome.

Well that's because when he's facing down, I was trying to show that he has long sideburns, instead of only expressing it through left/right facings.

UPDATES! Refresh, see first post, and click Image Link...
-No new GIF's.
-Completed several single-tile poses, including Hold (1-H) all shield variations, Hold (2-H), Cast all shield variations, Roc's Cape, and Hurt all shield variations.
-Fixed a couple of pixels here and there.

#28 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

his hair has no motion for north/south walking, the flipping for north/south jumping is abrupt from the transition between him facing away and facing toward the camera, and the cape sprite for north facing looks like he's standing straight.

Those are whats wrong in my opinion.

#29 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

I still think it looks great. In fact it looks nearly perfect to me...except for the same squarish head problem with the front on view. I don't think the hat needs to be as wide as it is and maybe narrowing it would reduce the squarishness...other than the flat top, it looks wonderful, really.

#30 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ May 6 2010, 09:12 PM) View Post
Those are what's wrong in my opinion.

I've fixed the majority of that (hopefully), but before I update again, I want to at least get Hammer and Slash/Stab tiles done. But before I can, I need to know the following # of frames Z3 animation has for these poses:

-Slash
-Hammer
-Stab
-Charge

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users