34 replies to this topic

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ May 24 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

Hey all

I've got the tropical Goron one pretty much done. I'm working on gameboy-izing the marimbas as we speak. BUT, does anyone know of a good chiptune program or something with a good 8-bit sound font that runs on Mac? Anvil's a windows thing and now that I've come over to Mac I refuse to use it.

Also, what version of ZC should I get at this point? Again, I have a mac which looks like it might be a problem. I can get a windows emulator or something though if necessary. I'm getting pulled hard here, I might jump head-first into quest editing again. That's exactly what I -didn't- want to do. icon_smile.gif

For the overworld theme, there's a couple fairly good renditions of it on VG Music (one in the Link's Awakening part too) and I'd sort of prefer to do new writing or arranging than simply typing it into MIDI. I'll try to carribeanize it, but after that I think I'll do something without the island feel.

Sheik, I got your PM, I don't really want to promise I can do the entire thing. Can we do this on a song-by-song basis?

Edit: I uploaded the new one. I loops almost smoothly. There's a little click when it loops but I don't think it'll do that in ZC.
That name again is http://www.box.net/shared/2plrhyhd49

For the programm, I have no idea. For the Mac, Joe123 also has Mac and may tell you something useful.

For the MIDIs... Really, you don't have to do it all, that one is actually more than I can await from someone. Needless to say that it rocks my socks =). Really, you are good at this =). We can make it on a song be song basis. Once I need something, I let you know and you say if you like the idea or ~ not icon_biggrin.gif.

Yeah, make a quest, why not icon_wink.gif.

#17 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

If you don't mind me making another request, can you make a town MIDI? I want it to feel slightly sinister, but not so evil that the place itself seems corrupted. Just to give the air an eerie feeling. It's a large place, but the people aren't very trustworthy in this area. Think you can think of something?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

#18 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ May 24 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

If you don't mind me making another request, can you make a town MIDI? I want it to feel slightly sinister, but not so evil that the place itself seems corrupted. Just to give the air an eerie feeling. It's a large place, but the people aren't very trustworthy in this area. Think you can think of something?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Oh GOD yes. I've been listening to the 4th movement of Symphonic Metamorphoses by Hindemith and it's SO sinister, but then there's these flashes of gold that come out and swirling flute lines and OMG it's amazing. It makes me appreciate the march as a musical style!
Symphonic Metamorphoses is based off of melodies by Carl Maria von Weber. We did one of his operas in my music history class.

All this to say, that sounds like something I can do.

#19 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I've got a request, could you make a midi of the psycho gatekeeper boss and final boss theme from Dynamite Headdy. If you need a reference use tracks 03 (Psycho Gatekeeper) and 17 (Final Boss) from the sound test on it. (assuming you don't mind using roms and if you don't mind it's for Sega Genesis icon_razz.gif)

Edited by Naldrag, 25 May 2009 - 03:48 PM.

#20 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hello again!

I've got a working model of the sinister town music.
http://www.box.net/shared/dg0gggsb7t
I got a bit carried away with the repetitions of the main theme and the amount of chugging away in the background. I'm going to slim it down and give it some more breathing room, but is this something like the feel you're looking for?
I'm also going to axe the held notes in the violin part. They're a bit too prickly for my liking.
Also, I should probably disclaim that this piece doesn't exactly follow a fixed scale... Heh heh...

Naldrag, could you link me to samples of the songs? I'll have to check them out.

#21 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ May 26 2009, 12:54 PM) View Post

I've got a working model of the sinister town music.
I got a bit carried away with the repetitions of the main theme and the amount of chugging away in the background. I'm going to slim it down and give it some more breathing room, but is this something like the feel you're looking for?
I'm also going to axe the held notes in the violin part. They're a bit too prickly for my liking.
Also, I should probably disclaim that this piece doesn't exactly follow a fixed scale... Heh heh...

It's wonderful! : D Can't wait for the finished product! Thank you so much!

#22 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Hey there!

I'm not dead!

I'm working on the piece still, I like where it's going. I'm sketchy about looping, though. I'll check some other pieces out to see how they loop not annoyingly.

If anyone else has requests then shoot ahead and I'll see what I can do.

#23 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hey i have a request icon_razz.gif

Do you know the intro in the oracle games when link is in the triforce room and the triforce warps him? And it plays another song leading to the titilescreen?

I so need that. If you can't do both, then the triforce room is ok.

Pretty please =)

#24 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

*rescues thread teetering on the edge of the second page*

Sinister town:

loop start: 17
loop end: 145

I'm not sure if it turned out very sinister. I like it, though. If you play it faster it sounds like a mountain theme.
I think I'll submit it to the database too 'cause it'll probably get more attention there than here.

I'm working on a couple other things right now and generally am more busy than before but if you have any other requests for original songs I might do some. I really don't want to do any arranging, though. Sorry.

#25 L33TSkillz

L33TSkillz

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

I have a request. A song fitting of a labyrinth. It has a fast refrain that repeats often, but the rest should be invocative like hoplelessness.

I know it sounds like an evil labyrinth

Edited by L33TSkillz, 08 June 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#26 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

I'll PM you my request icon_wink.gif

#27 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

I'm figuring out MIDI sounds in GarageBand! Yay! For all the hype around that program, I -really- don't like it. I wish I could afford (or find a hack for) LogicPro or one of those.

L33TSkillz, I'm quite busy at this point, but I'll think about that and see if I can't sketch out anything today while I'm bored at work. Labyrinths are fun.

Midnight_King, like I said in your PM, these might exist on the internet (not a big truck) and although arranging is probably really good for me musically right now, I just don't feel like it. 'M SRRY!

(taking the vowels out of words doesn't always make them cool)

#28 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Actually, I was looking for something angry, sad, tense, and kinda rockin, if that's not a problem. I'll leave the rest up to you.

#29 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

Do you think you could make some boss music?Something with drums in it that would fit into an snes game.

#30 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Sure, I'll see what I can do, but you have to give me a little more context first. Is there a theme to the dungeon? What is the boss?
I doesn't actually change that much but I'd like to know what I'm writing for.

Edit: That goes for both Fausch and chaos. L33T, I'm working on yours slowly. It's coming along nicely though.

Edited by lord_jamitossi, 16 June 2009 - 04:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users