• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

Dude, it's her quest, so it's her decision. You won't get in trouble as long as you credit Radien and her.

#17 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

It would be a whole lot better if she would take snapshots in the tilepages and give them to you that way.
Ripping from screenshots looses you that half tile at the bottom.

#18 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

Yeah exactly Freedom... If you would please send me those tiles there would be mad creds to you and Radien, DFW. So umm, please.

#19 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

For some reason my LI Beta Zquest has stopped working, so until I get that working again.... >_> I can't supply a tilepage just yet.

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

My best guess is that you can make a new folder, put Beta 254 in it, unzip it, and replace its ZQuest-w.exe and zelda-w.exe with your own versions. A fresh restart is usually best. Then import files as necessary, etc etc, you know the drill.

#21 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

yep already tried that icon_unsettled.gif no cigar, its the weirdest thing.

#22 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

Why don't you ask Peteo to do it for you? I'm sure you can trust him, afterall, you two did make a quest project. icon_razz.gif

#23 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Jul 30 2007, 08:15 PM) View Post

Why don't you ask Peteo to do it for you? I'm sure you can trust him, afterall, you two did make a quest project. icon_razz.gif

She doesn't trust me and I don't trust her. Trust me on this? icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif

#24 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

IPB ImageIPB Image
Okay, first screen should have all you need to make your Minish-Style caves and then some. The second screen has the layered water and lava animated tiles for the caves. It was the best way to make this work without having to remake ground tiles for all two/three 'colors' of cave floor, just have to make extra 'cave floor combos' with those properties. Ignore the Shyguy, he was there used for Bombchu sprites for xtreme 3rd of Origin. Also if you're looking for waterfalls and lavafalls, the BS-style ones in the Overworld set of tiles works perfectly and melds right in to the cave palette. And I'm sure you all can find animated lava bubbles on your own yes?
Give proper credit to Radien for the cave tiles and Peteo for the bridge palette conversion, chests, and lava/water. And Gashin for the torches.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 30 July 2007 - 12:51 PM.

#25 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Actually, you got the credits all wrong. icon_razz.gif
Give me credit for the bridge and the lava/water. Give Gashin and his tileset credit for the torches.

Anyhoo, radien has been a nice boy to you, hasn't he? icon_wink.gif

#26 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

icon_kawaii.gif Thank you so much! These are going straight in my quest!

#27 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 30 2007, 10:38 AM) View Post

IPB ImageIPB Image
Okay, first screen should have all you need to make your Minish-Style caves and then some. The second screen has the layered water and lava animated tiles for the caves. It was the best way to make this work without having to remake ground tiles for all two/three 'colors' of cave floor, just have to make extra 'cave floor combos' with those properties. Ignore the Shyguy, he was there used for Bombchu sprites for xtreme 3rd of Origin. Also if you're looking for waterfalls and lavafalls, the BS-style ones in the Overworld set of tiles works perfectly and melds right in to the cave palette. And I'm sure you all can find animated lava bubbles on your own yes?
Give proper credit to Radien for the cave tiles and Peteo for the bridge palette conversion, chests, and lava/water. And Gashin for the torches.

Hmmm. I kinda wish I'd known before you let those loose. icon_frown.gif I was going to use them for DoR. Well, I'm probably still going to. But I suppose they're going to be slightly less exclusive...

Well, anyway, I guess it's all right to go ahead and let people use those, since they're largely straight from Minish Cap. But there ARE some custom tiles in there that I spent quite a lot of time on, so people, DON'T just assume everything came from Minish Cap. I don't believe in taking total credit for something I ripped from a game, that's why I want to make the discrepancy between custom edits and direct rips. Sorry, it's just an obsessive-compulsive little thing of mine... >.>;

Oh, there are also a handful of tiles from other tilesets in there as well. Mostly just little ones that I edited into the cave theme. I hope no one gets upset about the tiny little uncredited things, but really, most of them are small, far-removed, and in some cases ripped from other games.

You also get 15 bonus points if you figure out where the "lower wall" tiles came from. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 30 2007, 10:48 AM) View Post
Anyhoo, radien has been a nice boy to you, hasn't he? icon_wink.gif

Normally I would be all modest here and say it was nothing, but I'm going to break that for once and say this: yeah, I was being a nice boy. That dang thing took hours upon hours to put together. icon_razz.gif

Creating tilesheets works MUCH better when you do it before the quest has been completed!! icon_dead.gif

By the way, those of you who plan on using the graphics: good luck... it's not exactly ready to rip straight into Pure or DoR, or anything. You are going to need to take the palette with you, even if you planned on recoloring the tiles. Origin's cave palette had an obscene number of brown shades to work with, and I haven't reduced the colors to fit palettes such as DoR yet. You're going to have to work to get to use those tiles... not as much as ripping them all from Minish Cap yourself, but still, work.

Not sure if Freedom has the same cave theme in his tileset. If he does, it may or may not be easier than ripping Origin's.

#28 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:28 AM

You also get 15 bonus points if you figure out where the "lower wall" tiles came from.

Mt. Crenel?

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

BUMP?

I wanna know if I'm right...
(and I feel like bumping a topic)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users