• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jun 16 2008, 03:13 PM) View Post

Mine wasn't available, and I'm not quite happy with how everyone likes to mock me just because I want my identity here on the forums to match what I have on IRC. So do me a favor, since I might NOT be returning anytime soon, since some network administrator there doesn't seem to want to allow me to have my name, since we are the largest room there, I don't see why the netadmins are happy with driving a user away. Oh well. Don't confuse that Sephiroth with me.

Yeah I know you don't have your nick but if we were on a larger server about half of us would not. Sephiroth is more than likely taken already on just about any server you go to. And people on most servers would probably not give up their nicks if requested, unless of course they didn't use them.

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

It's not a big deal, fortunately. Just requires a bit of extra work at mIRC startup, unless somebody can throw me a bone and tell me how to join more than one server at once on mIRC. icon_frown.gif

So Culex is back ( icon_superevil.gif ), and Sephiroth, you bringing back Kefka?

#18 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jun 16 2008, 04:13 PM) View Post
Mine wasn't available, and... [snip]
Honestly I don't see what the big problem is. Can't you just use "SephirothPZC" or something? icon_sweat.gif

Anyway, I don't go into chat much myself, but from what I've heard initialized was having all sorts of problems, so it's probably a good thing that we've moved.

#19 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Because he has a patent on that name, Snarwin.

Not really, but maybe in sprit he does.

He could go Latin with Sephirothicus, or put the definite article in front of it to make it TheSephiroth.

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Jun 16 2008, 05:53 PM) View Post

Because he has a patent on that name, Snarwin.

Not really, but maybe in sprit he does.

He could go Latin with Sephirothicus, or put the definite article in front of it to make it TheSephiroth.

No offense, but the idea that anyone on the internet has a patent on the nickname "Sephiroth" is well... patently ridiculous. It's not uncommon, and it's not original. It's like expecting to be able to log onto IGN and register the nickname "Mario." Sorry to say it, but Sephiroth is going to have these problems as long as he uses the nickname Sephiroth. icon_shrug.gif

#21 Darksix

Darksix

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:47 AM

Hello and welcome to the Northfire IRC Network everyone. We're glad you all have chosen us. Btw, our chat network is made up of over 5 servers, and if one goes down you can always connect to the next one. Next time I see the Seph. on irc, I will see if he will give up his nickname. But anyways, I'm one of the Network Administrators there, you can ask me about anything, I'm there to help. Thanks, Mike ~darksix

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

Thank you Darksix, it is very, very much a pleasure to be there with the other fine individuals on your network. icon_smile.gif Thank you as well for taking all the trouble to actually register to provide a greeting! It is quite clear that #PureZC is in the very best of hands.

#23 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:49 AM

Why thank you Darksix! ^_^ It's nice of you to come here and greet us for becoming part of your network! Sounds like a good place to me. icon_biggrin.gif

#24 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

I need to say thank you too, Darksix! I like it so far... A LOT better than the old one, if you ask me..

#25 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Jun 16 2008, 07:53 PM) View Post

"A_Sephiroth" would be much more accurate.

#26 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:06 PM

Oh WOW, someone from the new network joined PZC just to greet us. Huh. You don't see that every day. icon_ohmy.gif Anyways, thank you for the greeting, and you're awesome. icon_smile.gif

But I know nothing about how IRC channels work except that you go on to one and it lets you chat, so meh. icon_heh.gif

#27 Ken

Ken

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 16 2008, 09:06 PM) View Post

No offense, but the idea that anyone on the internet has a patent on the nickname "Sephiroth" is well... patently ridiculous. It's not uncommon, and it's not original. It's like expecting to be able to log onto IGN and register the nickname "Mario." Sorry to say it, but Sephiroth is going to have these problems as long as he uses the nickname Sephiroth. icon_shrug.gif

I'd already talked with Matti about the issue, even before the Sephiroth here arrived. In all truth, they've both used the nick Sephiroth for quite a long time and it wouldn't really be fair to force Matti to give up the nick. It isn't so much of "us sticking up for Matti because he's an admin", because we wouldn't force any regular user to give up their name because somebody else wanted it. I'm sorry that it happened this way, but I honestly don't see a fair way for Matti to have to give it up if he doesn't want to. He's used that nick since before I've known him, way back when everybody frequented Windfyre.

Anyways, welcome to Northfire, yadda yadda yadda, if you have problems, the network staff is here to help, and as a note: WildBill is now an administrator on the Northfire IRC network.

#28 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(Ken @ Jun 18 2008, 09:27 AM) View Post

He's used that nick since before I've known him, way back when everybody frequented Windfyre.

Windfyre eh? That's interesting, because #oneclickwifi has moved to Windfyre now that initialized is gone. I tried to get them to come to Northfire.

#29 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Ken @ Jun 18 2008, 09:27 AM) View Post

I'd already talked with Matti about the issue, even before the Sephiroth here arrived. In all truth, they've both used the nick Sephiroth for quite a long time and it wouldn't really be fair to force Matti to give up the nick. It isn't so much of "us sticking up for Matti because he's an admin", because we wouldn't force any regular user to give up their name because somebody else wanted it. I'm sorry that it happened this way, but I honestly don't see a fair way for Matti to have to give it up if he doesn't want to. He's used that nick since before I've known him, way back when everybody frequented Windfyre.

Anyways, welcome to Northfire, yadda yadda yadda, if you have problems, the network staff is here to help, and as a note: WildBill is now an administrator on the Northfire IRC network.

Unfortunately, I do have a reason why I would like my identity here. It's mainly because #PureZC is the largest channel on the network, and I happen to be an administrator here. I do not want new members that pop into chat thinking Matti is me. icon_shrug.gif

#30 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Well, I must say, I do agree with Sephiroth here... but the fact is that we're new here... and we should be glad that we where so well accepted into their network. I don't think complaining about a username should clutter up the fine relationship we have right now. And besides, he was there first. I mean, he owns the right to it, as of the moment. But you know... I'm sure you two can come to an agreement if you talk to eachother... and besides... you could, as suggested, call yourself SephirothPZC... Couldn't you?

But I fully see your problem here... and I wouldn't like it myself, if I came to a new place, only to find that my name was taken...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users