77 replies to this topic

#31 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

This new theme is actually rather nice. icon_smile.gif
I have 4 questions:
- Can someone please sort out the area at the top of the page? It looks a mess right now, the menus seem to be placed randomly, and there's a huge empty space near the logout link.
- When will the old site hacks be back (Who's online, people in chat, and all that)?
- Why do we have an attachment section in our profiles if we can't attach anything?
- Does anyone else think the "satnd by" screen looks a bit odd?

Edited by ZeldaLord, 02 January 2006 - 11:24 AM.

#32 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jan 2 2006, 10:08 AM)
I'm running 5.5.
icon_shrug.gif works right everywhere else I go.

View Post

Is it just the header you're having trouble with at this point?
QUOTE(ZeldaLord @ Jan 2 2006, 10:18 AM)
I have 4 questions:
- Can someone please sort out the area at the top of the page? It looks a mess right now, the menus seem to be placed randomly, and there's a huge empty space near the logout link.
- When will the old site hacks be back (Who's online, people in chat, and all that)?
- Why do we have an attachment section in our profiles if we can't attach anything?
- Does anyone else think the "satnd by" screen looks a bit odd?

View Post

1. Yeah, I'll work on that. It looks like IE 5.5 might have trouble rendering it anyway.
2. I don't know yet.
3. That's just how IPB works. You also have a subscriptions section even though you can't buy anything. icon_razz.gif
4. You'll get used to it. The biggest difference is the page BG now applies there too.

#33 Deviance

Deviance

Le' Deviant

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

Ok I found out purezc does render fine with ie6 and works with firefox. I recommend you ie users to upgrade to ie6. Besides it is free and it's not hard to do it either.

Edit

Also I highly recommend to get firefox or Opera. They are very small in download size and takes like 2 seconds to install. Opera does not take up a lot of space either cause I have it running on a pc with a 1gb hard drive.

Edited by Sean, 02 January 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#34 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

The new theme is nice...I'd just prefer it to be less square. Like rounded corners or something.

I like the upgrade for the most part. But it's kind of disorienting. Is the old skin still around? Can we have an option to use it?

#35 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Jan 1 2006, 10:23 PM)
(Also, may i make a surgestion for a pirate smiley?)

View Post

I'll get right on that :B. Seriously.

Oh, and, I'll make a ':B' smiley <.< >.>

#36 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Quicksilver @ Jan 2 2006, 11:46 AM)
Is the old skin still around? Can we have an option to use it?

View Post

No, it's not possible to use IPB 1.1 skins in 1.2, 1.3, 2.0, or 2.1. Nor is it possible to use 2.0 skins in 2.1. Invision Power Board makes skins a total pain by redoing huge things in them every significant new version.

#37 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:51 PM

sean,
IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!
When I installed netscape it SCREWED my whole computer up.
I'm not going through that again.
What you "highly recommend", firefox and opera, I see people *****ing about everywhere, including here.
If the new board means I can't come here anymore, then I just can't come here anymore.

Wild Bill,
The whole board is just too wide, like shown in the screens I posted.

#38 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

Well, I have no idea what's wrong. I have no way to test in IE 5.5, since Microsoft insists on making its browser a part of the operating system, so I don't know how long it'll be before I figure it out.

Just a quick note, Freedom. IE 5.5 has been outdated since 2001. Browsers that old can't be expected to be tolerated anywhere (not just here, I mean everywhere). I understand that you're in a tight spot with hardware, but the hard facts are that browsers advance quickly (even though Microsoft has retarded this by monopolizing the browser market and not doing anything for years). People will have to get fresh browsers at some point or another.

I understand that upgrading to Internet Explorer 6 is not really feasible, too, since Microsoft has embedded the browser in the operating system, which will surely cause some odd behavior on Windows 98. That's why I'd implore you to consider a non-Microsoft browser. I carry Opera and Firefox with me wherever I go on my flash drive; Opera take 5 megabytes of space, and Firefox takes 8. You do have those sort of resources around, right?

If you're worried about installation messing up your computer, try Portable Firefox, which is what I use on my flash drive. You don't install it. Just unzip it in a directory and use it. If you don't like it, delete it.

#39 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

Only one thing to say about it:
user posted image

Edited by Siguy, 02 January 2006 - 01:52 PM.

#40 Deviance

Deviance

Le' Deviant

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Wild Bill @ Jan 2 2006, 01:05 PM)
If you're worried about installation messing up your computer, try Portable Firefox, which is what I use on my flash drive.  You don't install it.  Just unzip it in a directory and use it.  If you don't like it, delete it.

I need to make note of that. Then I can use my own browser in school instead. Thanks WBB

#41 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:52 PM

Wild Bill,
Yea, I know the 5.5 is old news, but it works flawlessly for me, and back when I was going to upgrade to IE6 there were too many security issues to make me want to bother with it.
I just got a 120 gig hard drive and once I get that installed then I'll probably try out both opera and firefox, since then I'll have room to spare, and since I'll be tearing hell out of everything anyway I won't care what gets screwed up. icon_naughty.gif
I only have 6 gigs now and it's been full for a year, every time I want to add something of any size, something else has to go. icon_sorry.gif

#42 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

I knew something was up when I had to log in. icon_razz.gif

Quick Reply doesn't work. Think it's due to me deactivating Active Scripting?

Also, the PNG transparency script still hangs any browsers that need it (IE, Maxthon). And don't tell me it's a processor problem, I have an Athlon 2000+ here (1.7GHz, roughly). My RAM is also huge to boot (1GB DDR). If I can't use Quick Reply because of scripting...well, I can't use it at all. :/

Is there a way to make the quick reply open by default?

#43 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Stungun @ Jan 2 2006, 01:30 PM)
I knew something was up when I had to log in. icon_razz.gif

Quick Reply doesn't work. Think it's due to me deactivating Active Scripting?

Is there a way to make the quick reply open by default?

View Post

Hmm... it's probably due to you deactivating active scripting :B. Try enabling it. If the problem occurs, post that it does.

Also, Nick told how to make the quick reply open by default in his first post. You have to enable it in Board Settings in your control panel.

Edited by Aaron, 02 January 2006 - 02:36 PM.

#44 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

WildBill you rock. Now we got all sorts of new things we can do with pzc.

I completly .. agree!

Congradulations on the sucessful upgrade. ^_^

So shiny and new. o.o

#45 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Sean @ Jan 2 2006, 12:37 PM)
I need to make note of that. Then I can use my own browser in school instead. Thanks WBB

View Post

Heh Heh. I did that with most of the school PC's at my school. Still haven't got caught yet.

But the display is fine for me. But I'm on Opera 8.51. Probably won't see it in IE until I get back to school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users