Non-Zelda Quests...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

Well, I've been getting so many ideas for a non-zelda game, it keeps coming to me while I brain storm for new things to do. But the only reason I feel like I shouldn't do it, is because of the tiles. It is harder to make/find. But, It seems more original to me.. Anyways, I need suggestions.

1.What resources should I use? Such as which games to rip from..

2.What palette, do you suggest? 24Bit styled, or the old Pure way?

3. What do you guys think about this?

And, yes, I am still working on my other Zelda games. Not going to drop them either.

#2 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

1. Try my TotR set... *gets shot*

2. Try 256 colors, it looks prettier.

3. Go ahead.

#3 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

1. When will it get complete? Or is it possible I can use some of the tiles already? Also, do you have an good grass alternative tiles?

2. Alright, I'll be sure to do that. Though, I must use GraphicGale, to recolor EVERYTHING.

3. Ok.

#4 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Sure. I'm not keeping anything to myself, I'm just waiting until it's useable by anyone but me to release a demo (right now, it spans 3 or 4 different quests, in each one I'm working on a different palette organization).

It uses 2 types of grass, both use 5 shades of green (although with editing, one of them can use 4). *opens up ZQ to get it*

IPB Image

There is the grass and the overlays for one of them... I'll get the second type if you want it.

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hmm, I'll like to see the second one. And, thanks. I am currently playing ToR on my emulator, it is a good game. Have you ripped all the fortress tiles? Those tiles, are amazing.... If you haven't ripped them, I can help if you want.

#6 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

I haven't ripped the fortress tiles (I wonder why everyone plays though Sion's chapter first?), although I found a chipset that has them, so it's just a matter of me getting around to it.

*makes outlines of the second grass*

IPB Image

I haven't ripped the fortress tiles (I wonder why everyone plays though Sion's chapter first?), although I found a chipset that has them, so it's just a matter of me getting around to it.

*makes outlines of the second grass*

IPB Image

#7 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

Heh, you made a double post on one. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, thank you alot. Those grass tiles look extremely good, much better than the first. The reason I played through Sion first, was because he is a Knight, and the first one on the list.

Now, I have to decide, which will look better, the SD3 Grass, or this... Very hard choice...

Edit: Have you ripped the Tree tops, on the forest, while playing the girl character? I could really use those...

Edited by /M/, 14 January 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

Yes. They are pretty hard to use though, I need to get around to writing a tutorial on how to use them.

*gets*

IPB Image

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

Thanks once again Revfan. Now, do you have any good tree trunk, besides LTTP?

#10 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

IPB Image

There are the smaller trees. Put the treetops in the shape of your choice over the top part, or leave it as it is for a rotting tree. You can have the super-huge 5x9 trees when I finish ripping them.

#11 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hmm, thanks. But, I think I maybe just use some Zelda trunk. Those can be used as rotten trees. Anyways, here's some mountain tiles I've found from Terranigma.

http://www.rpg2kevol...erranigma_5.png

Not sure if that helps you... I sure can't tell how to use those. 0_o

edit: Secret of Mana has some good tree trunks, I may rip them. =o

Edited by /M/, 14 January 2007 - 05:36 PM.

#12 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Thanks, but the point of my tileset is to be TotR, and only TotR.

Aside, those are the mountains used in Santuar. They are actually pretty simple to use, although they are a tad limiting.

#13 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

They don't have any edges... How can they be used? 0_o

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Exactly: Limiting. They can really only be used as barriers, as Ark climbs them using claws instead of ladders, although you can layer some ladders over them...

#15 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'm also working on a non-Zelda quest (albiet extremely slowly).

1.) I usually get most of my overworld tiles from Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI. I also find a lot of 16x16 enemy sprites from Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu and then just touch them up to suit the graphics.

2.) I use my own pallette. It's mostly the old way, since I like to have all my colors organized. However, if I need more colors for a certain set of tiles, I will convert them to 8-bit.

3.) I defintely support a non-Zelda quest. Considering what some of the newer betas are capable of, it seems like a waste to just make a cookie-cutter Zelda game. I'd like to see a lot more creativity in the ZC community.

And Revfan, how many shades of green are in that grass?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users