Photo

SOTM 10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Poll: You know the drill.. (26 member(s) have cast votes)

You know the drill..

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:28 PM

It's that time again.

Week 37: Nick
user posted image
"HELP! I CAN'T SW-- oh... It's shallow water. " icon_razz.gif

Week 38: link3505

user posted image

Week 39: PrettyBoy

user posted image

Week 40: PrettyBoy

user posted image

Pearls are the answer.

#2 DToE

DToE

I need a good Vincent Valentine Avatar

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:35 PM

I like the fourth one. it just looks nice. it doesn't have alot of vibrant colors, but I like the feel that the dullness gives it.

#3 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:41 PM

I vote for prettyboy week 40 becuase I love the tiles it uses and it is awesomely awesome...?

I chose this over my second favorite: prettyboy week 39 because the screen for 39 is more filler-like stuff...sure the water may be good looking but it's not a very exciting screenshot. You only see part of the castle and mostly water...even if the tiles are super pretty, the screenshot doesn't say more than that.

I also like Nick's pick...the mountains and the water are spectacular...but the rest of the tiles are just straight out of the pure tileset, so the mountains and the water seem kinda out of place.
Because they're great looking and the pure tiles...well it's not there not pretty...but everyone is so used to seeing them all the time and we like to see newer and different stuff.

I have no comment about link3505's screenshot other than it looks better than that screen looked with the original graphics it was using.

Edited by phil, 17 November 2003 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(phil @ Nov 17 2003, 04:41 PM)
I also like Nick's pick...the mountains and the water are spectacular...but the rest of the tiles are just straight out of the pure tileset, so the mountains and the water seem kinda out of place.

That water is the default pure shorelines using my blue palette. icon_razz.gif

I gotta vote for Prince wk. 40 here. It's just so prettiful.

#5 Matt

Matt

Come on!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:20 PM

PrettyBoy, Week 40.

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:29 PM

....Damn... I should have stuck by my morals and voted for Nick. I mean.. so many Prince Shots.icon_freak.gif Dayamn. Well, voted for #5. Someone can live in that cottage, so I voted for that one. icon_wink.gif ... But by that same token, someone could have swam in those shallows too.

What to think. icon_freak.gif

#7 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 06:02 PM

I didn't vote, because I helped in all of them but nick's. I need to subit a better screenshot of the new set, or a ST one

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:42 PM

It's tough to decide, because they're all quite boring.

NICK's shot is quite good and the tile usage is good, but the tiles are boring, and well, like the other screens this month, there's nothing going on. But because this is the most intersting looking screenie of them all, it gets my vote. icon_smile.gif

LINK3505... I just hate those balloon trees. icon_freak.gif Fortunately all the other tiles in the Prince/link3505 set looks to be at least good.

PB39, the castle looks great and I bet the water animation is awesome, but the presence of the balloon tree and the boring layout doesn't impress.

PB40, much better than PB's SotW39 entry. But still boring, and the house doesn't seem to fit. :/

Though I didn't like this month's shots much, it's obvious that the shots are getting better looking every month. This motivates me to start submitting some of my best work here...

#9 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

uh... the link3505 screeny is the wrong one... the correct one is the one with the dragon and the crystal... o_O

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:07 PM

I think that they are all pretty good but I had to vote for PB40 because of the use of the different things in use, and for the fact that it has original tiles in use.

#11 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:48 PM

icon_question.gif

SOTM 8?

Think you meant 10...

But oh well. Pretty Boy's second one (40) gets my vote because it looks like a buncha happymen just had a party there... with a lot of good food and...

Just kidding! You can kind of tell when I'm tired. The real reason is because it's a fresh new batch of tiles that looks dang cool. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(FlameArrowStar @ Nov 17 2003, 10:00 PM)
uh... the link3505 screeny is the wrong one... the correct one is the one with the dragon and the crystal... o_O

Yeah, I know. That shot's not in his directory anymore, though.. Not sure why I chose that one. I think I must've put the wrong shot in the archive, or he renamed it.

QUOTE(Happyman @ Nov 17 2003, 10:48 PM)
icon_question.gif

SOTM 8?

Think you meant 10...

Whoops. icon_sweat.gif

#13 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:34 AM

I think the castle one is the best, don't know what you're all smoking.

#14 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:03 AM

Wolfy, are those the tiles that Prince & l3505 are making for your quest? I'm pretty sure that they're on your team for Lost Isle..

#15 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Nov 17 2003, 06:42 PM)
It's tough to decide, because they're all quite boring.

... This motivates me to start submitting some of my best work here...

You're kidding right? Personally, I wouldn't have said that. The screen shots that you have shown a very much dried up. Out of all the screen shots I've seen from you, only one I liked. But go a head, submit some more of you're poor graphics that make up an ugly screen shot. The only votes you will receive are the votes from people who are tried of seeing PZC screen shots.

~PB~

EDIT: No Teilyr, those graphics are not being developed for her quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users