Photo

Strongest Zelda Sword?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Strongest Sword

What is the strongest "special" sword in the entire Zelda series in your opinion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 3 2010, 11:17 PM) View Post

-=A Link to the Past=-
Master Sword | Golden Sword
IPB Image IPB Image

I don't know about you, but those don't look like their even close to the same sword.

#17 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Jul 4 2010, 03:09 AM) View Post

I don't know about you, but those don't look like their even close to the same sword.

That's probably because they're not. When you throw your sword into the mysterious pond at the end of ALttP, you get a new different sword. Not an upgraded version of the master sword.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 4 2010, 08:18 AM) View Post
That's probably because they're not. When you throw your sword into the mysterious pond at the end of ALttP, you get a new different sword. Not an upgraded version of the master sword.
Sounds like a very good point to me

IPB Image
Razor Sword ^^

#19 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(Majora @ Jul 4 2010, 06:12 AM) View Post
The Master Sword repels evil and is the only blade that can defeat ganondorf.

Golden Sword is the only one that can damage Ganon

Magical Sword is the only one that can damage Ganon.
Wooden and White swords also damage ganon, iirc the wooden sword in the original LoZ takes around 150 hits before you can start using silver arrows.

#20 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 4 2010, 03:18 AM) View Post

Thank you. I've been trying to make that point all day.

#21 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 4 2010, 05:04 AM) View Post

Sounds like a very good point to me
IPB Image
Razor Sword ^^

I wish there was a way so you could keep that instead of the gilded one. o3o It just...looks better. Not to contradict my last post, but it's true.

Edited by Rem, 04 July 2010 - 08:52 AM.

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Jul 4 2010, 03:09 AM) View Post
Can't we allow for a little crappy artwork discrepancies from that long ago? icon_blah.gif
QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 4 2010, 03:18 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Fausch @ Jul 4 2010, 09:40 AM) View Post
Thank you. I've been trying to make that point all day.
Not necessarily. When you throw the boomerang into the pond, it gets upgraded. Who's to say the exact same occurrence doesn't happen with the Master Sword? It's just bad art. icon_shrug.gif

#23 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

You're all wrong. The Fool's Ore is the strongest. I'm not joking. If you use a cheat to keep the Ore, it is the strongest weapon in the Oracle Of Seasons game.

#24 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Hot Water Music man @ Jul 4 2010, 06:56 PM) View Post

You're all wrong. The Fool's Ore is the strongest. I'm not joking. If you use a cheat to keep the Ore, it is the strongest weapon in the Oracle Of Seasons game.

Can you elaborate a little more on this?

#25 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

It's a junk item that Link acquires when he loses his sword at one point in Oracle of Seasons. You can swing it just like a sword, but you can never fight enemies when you have it normally; if you use a cheating device to keep it, you'll find it defeats any normal enemy in one hit.

#26 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Just like to say that the Oracle Series had a Biggoron's sword as well (a fact everyone seems to overlook), albeit it was rather useless unless there were no enemies around and you just wanted to do a Shock Wave Buddha Giri (is slapped for Shaman King reference).

Anyway, I'd say LttP's Golden Sword, just because that's the one I've had the best luck with. It's probably the fastest and the most powerful of the L4 swords. I would have said Fierce Deity's sword, but unless you use the Fierce Deity glitch, that's only usable in boss battles, which therefore makes it useless.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 05 July 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#27 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

My vote goes to the Golden Sword. After all, the smithies in Kakariko Village do a direct upgrade on the Master Sword, which already makes that stronger. Plus, what color is the Triforce itself? Yeah, my vote definitely goes to the Golden Sword.

[Edit]That statement would be true, however I accidentally voted for the Gilded Sword. Tee hee..

STAFF EDIT: The mistake has been corrected. icon_wink.gif

#28 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 5 2010, 12:41 AM) View Post

It's a junk item that Link acquires when he loses his sword at one point in Oracle of Seasons. You can swing it just like a sword, but you can never fight enemies when you have it normally; if you use a cheating device to keep it, you'll find it defeats any normal enemy in one hit.

Yup. He's got it.

#29 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

I want to say that the Magical Sword is the strongest weapon. In almost every case, the Master Sword has only been a tool in sealing Ganon away rather than killing him. The Magical Sword, however, does destroy Ganon.

#30 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jul 5 2010, 01:09 PM) View Post

I want to say that the Magical Sword is the strongest weapon. In almost every case, the Master Sword has only been a tool in sealing Ganon away rather than killing him. The Magical Sword, however, does destroy Ganon.
I don't know if it's canon, but most people now equate the two (i.e. the Magical Sword is the Master Sword, but wasn't named by Nintendo yet).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users