ZC Quests from Darkflamewolf

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

I've decided to do a challenge run of a ZC quest from Darkflamewolf. A quick look around Youtube puts Lost Isle at the top of the list as most LP'd quest of hers. So instead, I'm not doing Lost Isle. It has been done too many times before. So is there a quest of hers that people want to see me challenge with 3 hearts? no potions? etc?

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Isle of the Winds sounds like a good candidate.  An older quest of hers, but it's chock full of exploration and content.  Still very much a challenge in that regard.

For relatively lesser challenges:

Ganon's Claim might be more doable with 3 hearts, considering that the maximum allowed hearts in that one is only 8 (rather than the usual 16).

Fragments of Power is one of her easier quests, made during a simpler time.

• strike likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Origin 1st and 2nd? I don't recall seeing many LPs of that quest on YouTube. And besides, it might be worth the challenge.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'd say do Wolfstyle DX. Possibly on Hard Mode.

#5 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Origin looks mighty interesting, however it seems to be a rehash of the first and second quests of the original game. I'm looking for something a bit more fresh and brand new. Isle of the Winds looks interesting as does Ganon's Claim. Any others?

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Then I would probably say The Hidden Duality: Director's Cut, haven't seen that one in a while.

#7 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Okay, after doing some research, I have decided that I will do Hidden Duality! It seems to be similar in theme at least to Link to the Past, one of my more favorite Zeldas. So it already gets bonus points from me for that! So, unless I'm dissuaded from doing so otherwise, it is going to be a 3-heart, no potion run! At least, that is my initial goal. I cannot say when this play series will be uploaded, since I usually like to finish series before I start uploading the first part. So don't expect this one for a while.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Okay, after doing some research, I have decided that I will do Hidden Duality! It seems to be similar in theme at least to Link to the Past, one of my more favorite Zeldas. So it already gets bonus points from me for that! So, unless I'm dissuaded from doing so otherwise, it is going to be a 3-heart, no potion run! At least, that is my initial goal. I cannot say when this play series will be uploaded, since I usually like to finish series before I start uploading the first part. So don't expect this one for a while.

Awesome, can't wait to see how this is going to turn out! I never saw a challenge run of this quest before so this is going to be interesting...

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Go right ahead on this one.  Hidden Duality is on my queue list to do, but it's just a routine 100% run.  Interesting to see the challenge side of the run.  Some of the optional items you may not be able to get just due to the difficulty getting them.

#10 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Just finished recording the first part in around 22 mins. I am going to try and keep the videos between 20-25 minutes long. I hate doing videos past 30. Just a personal thing of mine.

As for the quest, I'm already impressed, but that just be my naivety talking. Other than the original 1st Quest I played as my first challenge series, I haven't even touched or officially played in any capacity any custom quests. So I'm pretty stoked and amazed at what I've already seen. I managed to find level 1, not completely lost in it and finding a lot of dead ends that I must remind myself to come back to. It seems clear I need to buy arrows, so I resolve to do that in part 2, unless they are found free in dungeon 1? As for the overworld, I really like it, simple yet complex. I still have no idea what the point of Askavar caves is though, it almost seems like a dungeon, it even has a map. But nothing but dead ends...so what's the point? I'm a bit confused there. Anyway, great quest so far and I'm excited to see if I can complete this challenge or not.

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Nope, have to buy arrows, which you can find fairly cheap in one of the shops.

Ashavar Caves is basically a cave linking network to other parts of the overworld.  As you get more items, you can explore more of it.  And make sure to explore it VERY well.

I assume armor upgrades are permitted.

#12 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the tip on the caves, I'll keep coming back to them then!

As for armor, I'm only doing a Blind, 3 heart, no potion run. If it isn't listed in that challenge description right there, then its permitted. Heck, I'll even take the white or magic swords if they aren't linked to your heart meter.

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hmm, gotta wonder what the death count is going to be by the time you finish such a challenge.  Not sure if you're going to be able to get some of the optional items given that they take quite a bit of work to reach, and having only 3 hearts is gonna make it quite difficult to get to the end of some of those areas.

#14 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Okay, sorry for Necro post, but I just started recording this a few days ago and now I'm stuck on level 2: M'kavlar Fort. I got two keys, map and compass and acquired the Blue Lantern. With said lantern I lit a torch on the upper right of the second floor and got another key beyond a painfully obvious bombable wall. Now on the upper left of the second floor are two locked doors, I unlocked one but am missing a second key. All crystal switches I find require the magic boomerang to activate. So I have no idea what I'm missing, I'm going in circles trying to find this key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users