Photo

The Best Looking Quest

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for the best looking quest

In nominated order:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

The Best Looking Quest
Welcome to the best looking quest!
As you know, Zelda Classic quests are entering a time where graphics are really starting to matter.
This little contest is aimed at finding the best looking one, letting people nominate either an old or new, or a not even released quest, to be entered into this contest.
As it looks like now, none of the current nominated quest where allready released ones. See, what I was actually hoping for, was that people would nominate older quest, so that players that wants to play through some really good looking quests could do that.
But, since none of the nominated quests this time around are released, apart from NoeL's "Link Legends", which is released, but not finished, as far as I know, we'll have to wait a while for some of these diamonds to be playable. But that shouldn't destroy the contest, should it? Absolutely not!

Here are links to those quests who's creator has a qpf:
Moonwhisper ?
Radien ?
Shoelace ?
Migokalle GOT SCREENS
Joe123 GOT SCREENS
Beta Link ?
Nuvo GOT SCREENS
The "?" indicates that I couldn't find any screens in this link, but there may be some.
The "GOT SCREENS" indicates that I am SURE that this link has screens. I'm sorry for the inconvinience.

The way I did this, is that the ones with a QPF that DOESEN'T have a topic surrounding the quest in subject, I just link to their QPF. Just like, Radien didn't have a topic named "Dance of Remembrance" or something like that, so I linked to Blue Crescent Quests instead, which is Radien's QPF.
Now, I CANNOT assure that all of the QPF links holds screenshots of the quests in subject, but that isn't my fault. I have been looking into other ways of doing this, but there where a few quests I couldn't find any screenshots of at the moment. Sorry for this, but I'm sure the questmakers will gladly post a screen or two in their respective forums. Thank you!

For the ones that doesen't have a QPF, here's one screenshot per nominated quest:
Plissken:
IPB Image
NoeL:
IPB Image
Relic:
IPB Image

Now, vote for YOUR favorite. Don't go with one, because your friend did. Go for the one YOU like best.

Can ALL the participants vote for themselves, so this can get to be a "clean" match. WITH FINAL DESTINATION! *shot*
I hope you'll all enjoy this contest, and may the best quest win. And guys... No, it's not about the fun of it... it's about winning, and we ALL know it! icon_biggrin.gif
Oooor maybe that's a bad contest-spirit... you decide! Anyways, have FUN!

-Migo

PS: Please, if your quest doesen't have a screenshot released at your current QPF, please, PLEASE post one.
Thank you very much.

The winner will be announced in a week from now!

The WINNER is announced:
Relic

Edited by Migokalle, 19 July 2008 - 10:26 AM.

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

Well, I nulled before I read it. Why were the contestants supposed to vote for themselves? 0_o

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

So there wouldn't be any uneaven votes... you know... I'll just give my vote to you icon_smile.gif
EDIT: AAAAND you're in the lead. Plissken! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Migokalle, 12 July 2008 - 10:57 PM.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

I'm assuming I can't vote for my quest, even though it was nominated because of Joe's screens. It's a very tough choice. Plissken's use of Pure is amazing. I think I would have gone for Migo, but his failure to use small trees has pushed me away from that vote. *Waits for Migo to explode* I think I'm voting for Moonwhisper. The way he's remade LttP and OoS is just spectacular.

#5 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

I voted for Relic, even though his quest may never be finished.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:25 AM

Well, I don't think that an unfinished quest is a quest and these projects weren't the samely showcased, so I skipped nominating and maybe I do bad with choosing, but.....

It was a close call between Eye of the Moon and Link Legends. Very close. I was thinking for a time... then I turned out a Shoelace addict again.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jul 13 2008, 04:51 AM) View Post
Can ALL the participants vote for themselves, so this can get to be a "clean" match.

And that's why having two quest authors wins icon_wink.gif

EDIT: Oh, Russ didn't vote for aKttH...
Oh wells.

Edited by Joe123, 13 July 2008 - 07:49 AM.

#8 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

Voted Eye of the Moon, the graphics are just so appealing. Almost voted Relic's or Noel's, but I don't see either of them ever being completed. icon_shrug.gif Radien's, Plis's and Migo's games are pretty amazing, but they're not as special as any of the aforementioned. Incendia and KttH were some hard ones to pass up, but they had some great competition. And finally, I don't really get the special-nes of remaking a game with different graphics, and Island of Dreams, although cool, doesn't have the best graphics.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Well, if I'm not mistaken, this is a competition for the most appealing quest in terms of graphics, not which quest you believe will be finished. You shouldn't withhold your vote just because you don't have faith it'll be finished, because in the end, this isn't what this topic is about. But whatever, it is your decision in the end, and its already been made. Anyways, there isn't much competition here, Relic's project is by far the best looking quest mentioned in this poll.

Moonwhisper: Very creative and good use of the GBC overworld tiles. I'm liking it more and more has you progress, good job on this. Yet, the GBC colors isn't exactly the most appealing. Either way, its good.

Radien: Though this tileset has become overused, in my opinion, you use this set better than anyone else. But thats to be expected, afterall, you made the set. Not bad, but not so great.

Shoelace: Its.. whatever. The first DoR set addition with some modifications. Doesn't really appeal to me, but I know it'll be a good quest.

Migokalle: DoR 2.0? Thats all I've got to say. I don't see any big additions..and I don't really like the way you make your screens, but I know your trying to make it seem like OoT so thats ok.

Joe123: Yet another DoR quest, but I really like the way you use DoR 2.0, its unique and draws the attention to the viewers eyes. This quest is probably the only one I'm looking forward to. Second vote for me. Great job on this, Joe123.

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

IPB Image
^Well here is a picture of the Eye of the Moon, it is a very old picture. I am usually not known for graphics, so I didn't expect to be on the list. So that's awesome. I have been working really work on the tileset so I am glad so many people like it. I know some will say that I put too much details in my screens, but I am going to go with a different approach. I am trying to make it feel like things are alive and a part of something.

I was looking for a while what direction I should take it in. And I noticed that when you walk in a forest, you see so many details. Everything is more alive because of the different details in everything. I wanted to bring that to EotM. So some will say looks over detailed, and some will say that I am focusing on graphics and not gameplay, which is not true at all. But I like the way it looks, I like the way it is played and feels. And as long as I am happy, I am going to go for it. icon_razz.gif

Shoelace: Its.. whatever. The first DoR set addition with some modifications. Doesn't really appeal to me, but I know it'll be a good quest.

No it is Pure with modifications mostly. The newer screens have DoR's grass, but I just added that in, in March. The tileset actually started off with the classic tileset. I modified it and added tiles to it and created The Dark Shadow Demo with the tileset. I used that tileset, and added PTUX to it. Minish Cap was next. etc. etc. After getting a mixture of everything, I made the first screens for the EotM in its new design. So that is funny, The Dark Shadow Demo evolved into EotM. lol

#11 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

Ah, that would explain the color similarities. Though it still looks like DoR a little to me. Either way, its a pain making a tileset from scratch, seems to me you've put a lot effort into making it how it is now. I'm hoping for some updates sometime soon.

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

If I had to vote, I would have gone with Shoelace's Eye of the Moon.
Sure, Relic's got AWESOOOME graphics, but I can't say I LOVE the screendesign... but keep in mind that I don't think it's bad. Just not perfect.
Shoelace's got something going here, that I like.
Joe123's quest would only make it harder for me to choose, cause I love the design in that one too.
But I would have gone with Shoelace, for being different.
NoeL's is good too, no doubt.

Edited by Migokalle, 14 July 2008 - 04:08 AM.

#13 Supergulo

Supergulo

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Relic's and Noel's quests aren't finished?
I pray that they don't stop making them, they look awesome!

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Relic's work looks amazing, so it naturally got my vote. The visuals are just jaw-dropping, IMO.

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Relic's Fragments is the winner! It surely deserves it, with it's awesome custom drawn graphics. Great work Relic! I hope that you one day will release a tileset, or atleast a loose tile submission, with these wonderful tiles.
Fantastic!
Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users