Hyrule's Christmas DX

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Is anymore playing this quest yet? I can't get out of the village because I haven't found the third item. Can someone get me hints on leaving the village?

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

You don't leave the village in this just slightly bigger than small quest. You can take only a few steps outside the village. All you need is IN the village.

One of the dungeons is in the shop with the red clothe (check walls).
Another is in the northeast house (you can go down the slope near it).
And finally, there's one in Knil's house.

#3 radder1

radder1

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

I got to the "Sphere Guardian" in the "savage" dungeon and nothing seems to happen. If this is a custom boss, what do I need to do to kill it? I've tried all the items I have, but nothing seems to work. Please help.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

Well, the dungeon was dark. So smash the candles near the guardian to make it dark here, too. You got the hammer in the dungeon, do you? (West part.)

#5 radder1

radder1

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the tip. I got all three triforce pieces, is that the end?

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

There are no Triforce pieces. icon_eek.gif

The end comes when you read "The End". If you have all ward items, go to the big heap of snow at the southeast and use the cube on the heap of snow. From there, it will be obvious. (See, the quest isn't THAT small.)

#7 jambo

jambo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

i had played it and liked the originality, but it's a little hard to associate all the new weapon tiles with the regular stuff. i was stuck trying to get out of the village too, but got busy with the holidays. i had found the block under the snow but since you let me know there was a dungeon in the shop i am back at it again. how do you kill the cube boss? i hit the worm things and the boss opened up, but nothing seems to work on him.

NVM: pushed it....jeez is there a better ending than him hanging? maybe i missed an item?

also thanks castchaos for making the quest, and good holiday spirit too. lots of surprises in the quest.

Edited by jambo, 03 January 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#8 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Castchaos, I'm off to finish the Quest.

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(jambo @ Jan 3 2008, 04:57 AM) View Post

i had played it and liked the originality, but it's a little hard to associate all the new weapon tiles with the regular stuff. i was stuck trying to get out of the village too, but got busy with the holidays. i had found the block under the snow but since you let me know there was a dungeon in the shop i am back at it again. how do you kill the cube boss? i hit the worm things and the boss opened up, but nothing seems to work on him.

NVM: pushed it....jeez is there a better ending than him hanging? maybe i missed an item?

also thanks castchaos for making the quest, and good holiday spirit too. lots of surprises in the quest.

Of course there's a better ending! Two hidden items in the village enables you to get two additional hidden items in the final dungeon whiches enable you to get the final secret item in the final dungeon which you use in the "last" room... and the quest continues!

#10 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Played into the quest a bit. I'm rather enjoying it icon_smile.gif So far, managed to beat the boss of "Apathetic", and got the Cube (infinite wand magic? I love ya, CC.) I tried Savage, as well. I suppose I'll get through it later. For some reason, I seem to do well with mini-quests.

On a side note, I heard something about Knil and some other girl in the library... makes me wonder if something will happen in BB involving that...

#11 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

Yes, I found the "secret ending" Still seemed kinda short though.

Also, on the 2nd dungeon, there's a couple of screens that have Link "swimming" off screen. Is this unrepairable?

More specifically, it's a narrow horizontal passage filled with keese.

Still, good semi short quest. A tick on the hard side, but good. (starting with only 1 heart container... heh heh)

I probably would have started the adventurer with two heart containers just so you don't hear that stupid beeping while showing us the introduction storyline. Better yet, get a .WAV file and substitute a better beep. lol Perhaps the Gauntlet "life force is running out" beeping.

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Oh, the beeping is made non-continous for me in the GUI (press ESC and untick "cont. heart beep".

Myra can go offscreen there? icon_odd.gif I thought I watched carefully to make her unable to do that...

And about that scene telling about Knil and a girl... It was just that Bigo wanted to make Myra nervous. Knil hates that aforementioned girl. But I don't say there won't be anything about those things in BB... Speak with the eastmost girl near the fountain... And then play BB and speak with Bigo again... Then go southeast to the pack of girls... In the final quest, there will be even a conversation there... And when you reach the Inverted World and go to where Kakariko Village was...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users