Photo

Lost Isle Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: What difficulty would you rate Lost Isle.

What difficulty would you rate Lost Isle.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

I would probably vote for #4. I say it was hard, but not that hard. Lets see what other players suggest about Lost Isle difficulty. icon_thumbsup.gif

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

I voted Moderate, this is including if you found everything and explore and get everything there is to offer before challenging each new dungeon. It would be HARD or worse if you tried to rush through things.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

For my skill level, I would rate the difficulty at moderate. After playing several times, I can manage to finish the quest with a death count in the single digits. Most of those deaths come later for me.

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

I'm really bad at custom quests and I never even finished level 2. I found it really hard, so I'll vote as such.

#5 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

Based on how far I progressed in Lost Isle, I would agree with DFW's assessment of difficulty. If you don't explore everywhere you have access to and think outside the box between each dungeon, and expect the unexpected inside the dungeons, this quest will eat you alive. The only elements that really hampered my progress were both the constant threat of having your magic shield stripped from you by the many Grasps that inhabit the island since that shield is instrumental in dulling the attacks of hard hitting enemies and running into stronger enemies a little earlier than you might typically encounter them such as that trio of Digdoggers in the second dungeon; though I had the upgraded sword and the bow available the fact that those Digdoggers hit so hard and having only six or seven hearts at that point was fairly difficult. The quest really starts to bare it's teeth though when you travel through and after the third dungeon. Also, as someone else pointed out, the fact that you don't have access to other items like the Hookshot, the Hammer, and other toys also ramps up the difficulty since you don't have alternate means of attacking enemies.

#6 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:01 AM

Interesting votes and thoughts! I'm some people thought it was moderate though I mean even with the power ups I find the game still very challenging. Although I have been playing ZC awhile I was never a pro at the game. I died like 158 times because sometimes I would not take time to heal sometimes and plus it was my first time playing the quest. If I played through it again I would probably get less deaths and agree with moderate difficulty, but not the first time through the game.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

I voted "Hard".
Memories of things like the Grasps in small places and the cratery, falling rocky environment of Mt.Horgrus simply can't let me to vote "Moderate".

#8 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

ya that got me on my nerves too, but once you get that mirror sheild you feel so relieved and then you don't have to worry about those grasps anymore.

I have come up with a brilliant idea. I think that since polls are so much fun to make and seeing all the thoughtful reactions about them I was thinking on making one every saturday. I think it would be a pretty cool idea what do you guys think?? icon_cool.gif icon_idea.gif icon_ahha.gif icon_question.gif

Edited by Accr89, 29 November 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

Very hard. I answered this after giving up on the death skull boss.

#10 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:47 AM

i voted hard, and gave up at level 4... the levels are too maze like and would have been better a bit more straight forward.

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:16 AM

blame Petoe! XD
Unfortunate that you gave up at level 4, it only gets better.

#12 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

Hey guys!!!!! I posted a new poll up If you want to check it out it has to do with Hero of Dreams

#13 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

Moderate to hard for me. I died over 50 times, but that's not much compared to some quests.

#14 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

Which quests were harder than this one Link75 possibly Hero of Dreams.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:47 PM

HoD is easier overall, but the hard parts are harder than any parts in LI. But MMDWRDC is harder than both, even at the beginning. Plus there are the "hard quests", "challenge quests" whiches were designed to be insane by default.

In fact, the only part where I thought I would give up was the part after the final boss. I seriously thought I wouldn't play LI again... But then I have beaten it. If I remember well, there was 20 Master Dome deaths and 30 normal deaths.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users