Revamping things

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'm using 8 way movement which is probably the reason it can happen at all but at this point I'd obviously not want to remove that. Most of the warps are scrolling warps but a few are insta-warps for where a scrolling warp would not work. The one in question was most definitely a scrolling warp though.

Getting back to revamping things, I suspect the waterfall dungeon I made will probably get an overhaul sometime this week. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I hope to have something equal to the quality of Guidance Gate and Eternal Corridor.

#17 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

It seems just plain walking into them diagonally does it. 

Is there a way to force 4-way movement in specific areas of screens? That's pretty much the only way I could fix this and still keep the 'endless' effect given by scrolling warps.

Edited by Nekoishi, 29 December 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#18 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

It seems just plain walking into them diagonally does it. 

Is there a way to force 4-way movement in specific areas of screens? That's pretty much the only way I could fix this and still keep the 'endless' effect given by scrolling warps.

That's weird, walking diagonally never messed up any of my warps... then again I use instawarps mainly instead of scrolling unless I'm using a side warp.
And as far as I know there isn't a way to alter the diagonal movements outside of the quest rules... atleast not without scripting. you may have to put on some corner blocks to prevent diagonal stepping onto platforms.

Maybe try setting the side warp as well? (like in a triforce room) Also, just in case (and this was mentioned to me and really helped) when you do any fixing of things be sure to test it out with a new quest file instead in the launcher instead of saving then re-opeining the same one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users