Photo

E3 2008: Best of the Show

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: E3 2008: Best of the Show

Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:44 AM

Which Company Truly Delivered on E3 this year?

#2 LJ Bad

LJ Bad

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

I was pretty disappointed with E3 this year. It's the first one I've been able to watch in over 2 years, and it sucked. I don't think any company really delivered anything special so I null voted. Nintendo's show was horrible. They basically announced absolutely nothing. I mean I don't care if there's a new device that makes my wiimote track motions better. It worked fine as it was. To me it just sounded like Nintendo is abandoning all of its loyal fans to try to cater non-gamers, who are probably gonna get bored with the wii after a little while. Nintendo is doing good now, but it's only a matter of time before microsoft and playstation start copying everything nintendo's doing and adding their own little quirks and options, and all those non-gamers that nintendo loves so much are going to go over to whatever the "new" thing is. Then nintendo will have to come crawling back to it's loyal fan base to keep them alive again.

Microsoft's and Sony's shows weren't very interesting either. They didn't announce too many games that I'd actually be interested in. As a whole, E3 was an anticlimactic flop. But to be fair, the last E3 I was able to watch was the one where they announced Twilight Princess, so it's hard to compare to that.

On the bright side, Resident Evil 5 looks really good. Of course it would look better if I could use the wiimote to blast all those zombies. Oh well.

#3 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

Microsoft's Final Fantasy XIII annnouncement. It was the only awesome announcement of E3.

QUOTE(LJ Bad @ Jul 18 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post
On the bright side, Resident Evil 5 looks really good. Of course it would look better if I could use the wiimote to blast all those zombies. Oh well.
I'd say RE5 is a shoo-in to get prorted to the Wii eventually. It won't look as pretty, but it'd actually be controllable then.

I tried using the GameCube controller after playing through RE4Wii. Couldn't believe the game was meant to be played like that.

#4 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

I'm gonna say Sony, just because I'm very glad to see the US is finally getting an Umihara Kawase game.

#5 Hero of Fire

Hero of Fire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

I'm not even voting, as I think all three companies really messed up to all sorts of degrees. Rather, I feel certain games were shown of nicely. It was finally great to see Resident Evil 5 in action, now I'm extremely hyped for it. It was great to see even a little bit of the new Banjo as well, but they were the only games that really caught my eye. The Animal Crossing announcement was good too, but I think the serious lack of new features (they're not even using the Weather Channel to mimic outside weather effects) is a real let-down. But, I'll still purchase all three mentioned games, and probably enjoy them icon_smile.gif.

QUOTE(JoshSim @ Jul 19 2008, 03:47 AM) View Post

I'd say RE5 is a shoo-in to get prorted to the Wii eventually. It won't look as pretty, but it'd actually be controllable then.

Actually, it wasn't until I saw the enemy AI in Resident Evil 5 that I realised it was pretty much identical to Resident Evil 4. Not that that's a bad thing... RE4's AI was top-notch, but it's certainly an implication that RE5 could be done on Wii, for slightly toned-down graphics.

Edited by Hero of Fire, 18 July 2008 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users