Photo

Map of the Month 30

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 30 (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, I really wasn't expecting the turnout for this month to be as good as it is. In fact, I wasn't expecting this month's contest to happen at all... a big thanks to everyone who submitted an entry this month. If it wasn't for you guys, the contest would probably be dead right now. Seriously.

Also, just a reminder again to please, please, pleeeeeeease crop huge amounts of whitespace surrounding maps before submitting them. Seriously. A little bit is okay, but if your map is a handful of screens surrounded by a giant field of a solid color four times the map's size, that's bad. Avoid that.

Also also, I might be posting next month's MotM a bit early if I get enough submissions in time. That is, instead of posting it August 8th, I might post it August 1st, just to reset MotM's schedule to the first day of the month. We'll see.

Anyway!

Map of the Month 30

L L L L L LINK
BS Overworlds are great. They make you use the space better. There's less of it ,so less of it will go to waste.

Evan20000
I know I technically am using some of the swamp tiles wrong, but I'm happy with the look

Jared

Shane
To celebrate our 30th Map of the Month, here is a map. *shot*

Dragonite
Welcome to Rokai Falls

#2 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Voted Dragonite. It would look even better if those waterfalls continued into the big lake or whatever it is. :)

#3 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Nulling.

If I were voting, I'd probably vote for Dragonite or Shane.

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

L L L L L LINK: Overall, this feels very reminiscent of LoZ to me, and I love it. However, it's very tree-heavy, and there's almost too much symmetry going on for it to seem natural.

Evan20k: I'm sure that you of all people know that GBC is my Achilles' heel, and you certainly use it well here. The only thing throwing me off is the statues in the top right of B1; they appear to be on top of a wall.

Jared: It never ceases to amaze me how natural you make shots look in ZC. Great work.

Shane: This looks phenomenal as well. The only problem I have is that there seems to be some overhanging foliage in the middle that juts out of nowhere. Am I looking at it from the wrong perspective?

Dragonite: Ah, more GBC! I like the shot from this area that you submitted to SotW, and it's great to see it in context. However, for some reason, the top of Rokai Falls doesn't appear to be changing elevation much to me. I know that it is, but it almost seems like it isn't because of how even the elevation changes are.

It was a tough pick for me, but my vote this month is going to Evan20k. It's the map I feel I would want to play the most, and it's not too often you see a great GBC dungeon map.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

It's a close call between JaredwillbeatRussto10kposts, Tiny_Shane, or Dragonissac. I ended up going for Dragonissac. His map has more to show than the other two. Although I must say, I adore Tiny_Shane's color style.

EDIT: Shame on you Rambly. Forgetting to put the "Hosted by XXX." XD

Edited by Dawnlight, 09 July 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#6 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Jul 9 2012, 07:18 PM) View Post

Evan20k: I'm sure that you of all people know that GBC is my Achilles' heel, and you certainly use it well here. The only thing throwing me off is the statues in the top right of B1; they appear to be on top of a wall.

You got me. Those statues were added to make an otherwise terrible room slightly less terrible. I appreciate the vote though! It means a lot.

#7 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Jared's map one my vote. In fact, this map made me realize something I never previously considered.

This map has only a few screens and only one "exit" from the area. And yet, it seems almost 100% self contained. As if it could exist as its own small map for a small quest.

I never even considered making a quest without a full map, but this is going to make things easier on me. Maybe I can finally get around to releasing my first quest now. lol.

EDIT: Shane's is very similar in that extent, but I like Jared's more, so he got my vote.

Edited by Zacron, 13 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#8 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

My vote goes to Jared for this month. 10/10 bravo bravo

#9 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

icon_smile.gif

And i voted for Dragonite icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

I voted for Jared. Overall it looks like it'd be fun to play icon_smile.gif

It bothers me how some trees overlap in a kinda odd fashion and I'm not very fond of the colour scheme. I do however really like the mountain layout and the overall flow of the enviroment. The big old building certainly looks interesting (though perspectively off).

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Map of the Month 30
L L L L L LINK [1] ** [3.12%]
Evan20000 [8] ** [25.00%]
Jared [13] ** [40.62%]
Shane [1] ** [3.12%]
Dragonite [9] ** [28.12%]

Congratulations to Jared for winning the XXXth Map of the Month during the XXX Olympiad, hosted by XXX!

You guys have filthy minds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users