• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#46 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Flooded Desert: No, it is not an ocean. It's a desert which has been flooded. Cactus, pyramids... all that kinda of stuff submerged or merging from the water. Maybe there's a curse placed inside a pyramid? Unflooding the desert reveals the dungeon.

Maze Dungeon: A dungeon where every door could lead to 4 different rooms. You got make note of landmarks and map position in this dungeon as this dungeon should intentionally trick the player.

• Jenny and Twilight Hero like this

#47 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Crafting: Being able to find item's around the game and being able to combine them into useful items. This is a very interesting feature that i don't think has ever truly been implemented. I'm thinking of putting it in my own quest.

Random Events: When your venturing around on random screens a random encounter would occur, this would make the quest feel a-lot more alive, but would also be quite difficult to implement properly.

• alek likes this

#48 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Overworld

Gerudo Desert: I would like to find some good desert tiles for a Gerudo Desert area. If possible I want to get as close to the OoT style as possible. Once I finish the tutorial and get more experience under my belt, I plan on GD being the first area of the game.

Twilight Realm:

Dark World:

Dungeons:

Spirit Temple: The Very first temple of the game I plan to make in the future will be the Spirit Temple where the protagonist will clear monsters, defeat a boss (either a souped up dead hand or Gohma. 

Sky Temple: 

(More to come when I can think of it clearly)

• Jared likes this

#49 MabusTheDark

MabusTheDark

An Old Soul

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

As far as dungeons go, I really like it when it's not just a whole interior adventure.  Like with the first main dungeon in WIndwaker, where you go outside of the volcano / mountain for a few parts.  What I like even more is having to go through the dungeon to fix something in the Overworld itself, like a dammed waterfall or something that fills a chasm up so that you can swim across.

Probably going to go for a few of those things in my quest that I'm planning, hehe!

(Also, having more varieties of dungeon wall tiles loosely mixed with the themes seems pretty great to me!)

#50 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

The first part of my quest will be centered around the Gerudo Valley and Desert and the Spirit Temple. You will begin by going around the village doing tasks like dealing with moblins and stalfos, dealing with intruders and etc, but the next day a bunch of screwy stuff will start happening with you needing to deal with gibdos, redeads, stalfos and finally a deadhand before having to venture into the spirit temple and dealing with monsters and poes infesting it before climaxing in a battle with Stallord or some kind of possessing boss, in a sand/quicksand filled room before being introduced to the main villain. The demo will end after returning to the fortress and getting some exposition on the plot and objective of the game.

#51 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Put into spoilers due to length of the post.

======Megaman Inspired Concept======

Spoiler

======Link the Magician Concept======

Spoiler

======Another Minor Idea======

Spoiler

Edited by RedmageAdam, 14 December 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#52 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

What if someone made a credit screen like in Donkey Kong Country/Land 2 where it shows all of the characters and enemies walking from left to right? Like actually would animate them and all. So for instance, when it would say "DARKNUT", you would have a Red, Blue, Super Darknut and a Death Knight all walk together from left to right. The order doesn't matter, but it would have the following categories:

-Good Guys (Link, Abei, Ama, Merchant, Moblin, Goriya, Abei 2, Fairy and Zelda)

-Bad Guys (all non-boss enemies)

-Bigger Bad Guys (bosses)

#53 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

How about a quest where Link has a (heavily scripted) dog or other pet that has AI and follows Link around and possibly kills enemies, but can be played as, possibly with something like the control melody in Wind Waker.

#54 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

I just had an idea. Make some kind of quest where you are in some kind of Pit of 100 Trials knock off and are offered items to make survival easier. However, each item that you grab hurts your ending. The ultimate ending would require you to literally complete the game with NOTHING more than a mere Wooden Sword without slash and 3 hearts. But making such a challenge tough even with 16 hearts, Red Ring, Magical Sword, etc and still doable with only 3 hearts and green tunic with nothing more than a basic sword would be next to impossible outside of being a Zelda god. Think you could go through a 100 room gauntlet with just your green tunic and a splinter stick? Or do you need the security of your precious Red Ring, 16 hearts, Magical Sword with slashing and a full complement of items?

• Avaro, alek and EpY like this

#55 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

I just had an idea. Make some kind of quest where you are in some kind of Pit of 100 Trials knock off and are offered items to make survival easier. However, each item that you grab hurts your ending. The ultimate ending would require you to literally complete the game with NOTHING more than a mere Wooden Sword without slash and 3 hearts. But making such a challenge tough even with 16 hearts, Red Ring, Magical Sword, etc and still doable with only 3 hearts and green tunic with nothing more than a basic sword would be next to impossible outside of being a Zelda god. Think you could go through a 100 room gauntlet with just your green tunic and a splinter stick? Or do you need the security of your precious Red Ring, 16 hearts, Magical Sword with slashing and a full complement of items?

I'll sign up for the green tunic, three heart, and wooden sword only challenge.

• KingPridenia likes this

#56 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

I'll sign up for the green tunic, three heart, and wooden sword only challenge.

And in the final room you are locked in with 3 death knights to fight. 

#57 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

I had this idea where there could be a tower or something similar that would be really old, and each floor increasingly decrepit, and making it more and more dangerous, eventually where some floor tiles would 'randomly' fall apart all the way up to the final floor where you would fight the boss or something.

Just a random thought that I liked.

#58 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

Overworld whit snow and erupting volcano ( a  place like Iceland ) and a dungeon whit the boss of all other levels

#59 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

Overworld whit snow and erupting volcano ( a  place like Iceland ) and a dungeon whit the boss of all other levels

Lost Isle much? Not exactly, but it had a similiar set up. :P

#60 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Lost Isle much? Not exactly, but it had a similiar set up. :P

ops...is hard whit all this quests...someone already thinked to a Tiaga /mountain whit conifers ? the tree seem al the same in every quest, evergreens are not many used,  for dungeon... something like you cannot open boss room untill you free a certain number of imprisoned people, and a dungeon made like a school ?

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 18 November 2014 - 04:29 PM.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users