The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#16 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Well, it was basically confirmed in that post a few months ago. :P Still exciting.

-Strike

P.S: I wrote this and there were three more posts when I added it. 20 seconds max writing :lol:

Edited by strike, 05 November 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#17 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

OH GOD, THAT mask salesman MOON!!! How did they manage to make it even more unsettling???

#18 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

Oh hey, Zelda Dungeon can start being a reasonable place now.

• Jared and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

The way I feel about MM3D is that I'd be buying it anyway as I do not own a legitimate copy of Majora's Mask, and doing so would give me a legitimate copy of every game in the series. Some of them being digital, but that's okay. However I also must say that... I'm not its biggest fan. There's so many issues with it that it's not funny. I'm hoping for some streamlining like OoT3D gave us, and if we're lucky, some kind of bonus mode, but regardless, I'll get it in order to have the legitimate copy. Also it'll look neater.

#20 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I'm more excited that I will no longer see people begging and obsessing over this game anymore than the game itself.

• Shane, Moosh, Haylee and 1 other like this

#21 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

Whaat! xD

And you dare to call yourself a Zelda fan!? Shame on you good sir! Dude, you should get it, it's one of the best Zeldas there are out there! :)

Sorry! xD Yeah, I should get it. Honestly, the first Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time 3D since before that game I wasn't really interested in Zelda. But now I love Zelda games so much (as apparent since I am on this site :P). :D

• Demonlink likes this

#22 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm pretty stoked about this, not gonna lie. MM is probably my fourth favorite Zelda, and having it with upgraded graphics, and portable is a win-win. I agree with LTM though, and I'd much rather see an HD remake on WiiU (like WW). Maybe they'll do that for TP? I wouldn't be surprised if this is any indicator of a trend (N64-> 3DS GC-> WiiU).

We can already expect a much more user friendly interface, as OoT3D showed us the way there. My only real hope for this game is that they do add some kind of mechanism for skipping ahead so you're not wasting real time just waiting for stuff if you need to do one particular side quest. This is probably a tall order, but I know I'm not the only fan who feels this way. I'd also like to see a way for us to not lose all of our bombs, and arrows too, every time we save. Now I'm just being picky though :P

EDIT: In fact, after giving it some thought, I'd like them to leave the save system in tact. It may be a turn off for people who don't like this game, but I think keeping Majora's Mask with that rogue-like quality is a good thing. It sets it apart from other Zeldas. 

#23 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

YES!!!!!!!! FINALLY IT'S GOING TO BE MADE!!!! MY FAVORITE ZELDA GAME IS GOING TO BE IN 3D!!! :D

LinkFan212 runs to beg his parents for a 3DS...

• Obderhode likes this

#24 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

The announcement didn't surprise me, I expected it after OoT 3DS' release. Well, I think it's time to seriously consider buying a 3DS. What can I say. It's a cheap, unneeded remake, but a decent enough remake of a game I loved as a kid.

Now that I have taken some time to think about this upcoming release, there's one thing I have noticed. Yes, this is another remake of an old Zelda game. That's the most visible fact. However, if we count ALBW as a remake of ALttP (and the game was initially conceived as a remake), Majora's Mask is the fourth home console Zelda game in a row to receive a remake.

Now, the portable Zelda games have had more technical limitations that their home console sisters, and they simply couldn't surprise as much as Ocarina of Time and its 3D world, but if there was one thing it surprised me a long time ago it was to find a very old contemporary review of Link's Awakening where the game was praised for "bringing the A Link to the Past experience to the small Game Boy screen". Regardless of the game's perceived quality, the review somehow implies there was a dedication by the Zelda team to treat the portable Zelda in equal terms with the three older games (as big and independent and full of details) and this trend continued in Game Boy Color with the Oracle series and the Game Boy Advance with The Minish Cap (which were struck to 2D graphics, but they were still made-from-scratch, independent adventure games).

But the trend stopped with the DS when its first Zelda entry, Phantom Hourglass, started where Wind Waker basically stopped. And the next DS entry was a sequel of Phantom Hourglass (albeit with a brand new world and settings, and in a far future rather than just some weeks/months later). Now, the 3DS have received three remakes, and the only thing it stopped it to also receive Wind Waker HD was raw power. No new games (ALBW has too many reclicled elements).

The easy and lazy conclusion would be that "Aonuma and Iwata wants cheap money". But as both Skyward Sword and Zelda U have started their (long) development time at (if I'm correct) roughly the same time Spirit Tracks did it too and the 3DS remakes were outsourced to a third part company, there are some possible conclusions. Either Aonuma and his team have focused their main resources towards the new home console Zelda games in detriment of the portable experiences (next question: why?), or Nintendo has not enough working people in the Zelda department, thus forcing Aonuma's team to come with an unfair distribution of their internal forces.

In any case, it seems the portable Nintendo consoles are unable to feature their own strong Zelda games, and they should be limited to "lesser" experiences (lower-powered, pixelated sequels of higher production costs Zeldas or remakes or dusty entries). It's a... quite curious policy.

Edited by Maleboocado, 05 November 2014 - 09:08 PM.

• Air Luigi and HavoX like this

#25 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

I was in work, and heard the news on Facebook. Almost cried after watching the trailer. So excited. :')

• Aevin likes this

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

So... Is it bad that I'm not super impressed? Graphically, it doesn't look all that spectacular. Maybe I'm just being too harsh, but it doesn't seem like a huge improvement over the original. But eh. Graphics aren't gonna be the deal breaker for me. If they add something new to the game, I'll go for it. If it's just a straight up port, then I already own the game and see no reason why I should buy it a second time. And I have the nagging feeling it's the latter.
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#27 Maleboocado

Maleboocado

Gotta go fast!!!!!11

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

For the most part they're straight ports with higher quality texture and more polygon count. OoT 3DS' engine is nearly 1:1 similar to the original Nintendo 64 one. How could otherwise feature the same bugs? Even their speedrun times are nearly the same, and it's really really hard to replicate obscure bugs only speedrunners would be aware of them.

It's standard Nintendo production guidelines to recycle old code. As an example, the unreleased Earthbound Zero featured censored graphics and an extended ending, and thus was carried to the japanese Mother 1+2 compilation.

#28 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

If I can get it, I will. Definitely a better investment than OoT 3D was.

#29 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

A trailer with actual gameplay. Woah, Deku Link looks strange from behind! I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Nice to see actual gameplay though!

Also perfect reaction image:

tumblr_inline_nel8dqIOUB1scwrrb.gif

Edited by Jared, 05 November 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#30 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

I'm pretty pumped. I know that MM isn't a lot of people's favorite but it's always been one of mine. I wish I hadn't replayed it so recently so that I could be hit with a giant wave of nostalgia when I get this game. :blah: Bah, oh well. I'm really excited for this, and even more excited that it's coming so soon! Spring is only a season away my friends and heaven help me if AlphaSapphire and Smash 4 don't hold me over until then!!

• Aevin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users