• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 7 2011, 08:28 PM) View Post

So I just checked the most recent changes out of curiousity...um...wut?

Did you not make that account or something? Account creation shows up on recent changes if that's what you're confused about~

Also if anybody makes an account on the wiki for whatever reason, I have to approve you before you can edit pages or anything. You'll have to specifically ask me because I never know who people are, nor do I typically care enough. But if you take time to ask I'll probably let you in, attacking it is pretty much useless and takes 3 minutes to revert and ban~

#32 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

Well no, that wasn't me. You might as well leave it up as I'm rather curious what the joker who made it plans to do, if anything...

#33 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Y'know, this whole idea of "you shouldn't be offended" doesn't really make sense to me. To my ears, it all sounds like this:

"I know it was cruel to post those articles around town which said you're a gay prostitute, but we don't mean any harm anymore. It was another time in our lives, and we were really angry back then. We said a lot of things that we don't believe now."

"You don't? Well then, could you take those posters down now?"

"Hell no! Those are CLASSIC."

#34 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

This website, as satirical as it is, has at least ONE article that is absolutely true:

Who remembers THIS GUY?!

#35 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, the whole thing looks pretty mean spirited. Offense would be justified. Especially if you're me. Because I don't have an article.

Still, I have to mention, the MegamanGA article is hilarious.
<LawFirm> Whoever "megaman" is has commited suicide. this is his LAWYER

<LawFirm> This is JOHN MCMAHON his LAWYER

<LawFirm> Now, this isn't "megaman" he's dead.

<LawFirm> I'm not who you think I am.
<Lithium> Oh good.
<Lithium> I thought you were a lawyer.
I laughed.

#36 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Sep 8 2011, 02:12 AM) View Post

This website, as satirical as it is, has at least ONE article that is absolutely true:

Who remembers THIS GUY?!

lmfao, that's the sad thing it is pretty factual.

#37 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

DashSim:

I'm glad I wasn't there to witness that. I would have felt so embarrassed for his sake at how utterly ineffective that ploy was.

Oh, and I forgot to note that I was very surprised to discover that there is an entire nation of former mollusks out there. I guess there's a place for everybody in this world.

#38 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:03 AM

I actually went in thinking I was going to be on there for some reason, but I wasn't. I could say the same thing as everyone else like "I'm disappointed and happy" or something but everyone's saying that. :s

#39 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(Ironfist @ Sep 8 2011, 03:18 AM) View Post

That was before you liked David Bowie TK

So because of being a Bowie fan, I'm a good guy? icon_razz.gif I don't get it.

#40 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

oh god nostalgia

Yeah, there was some good times with the wiki and what have you. Of course, it led to a lot of trouble, and there was a period when we were pretty much the bane of PureZC's existence... but that was 2009, and a lot can happen in two years. Of course, the site died when Nate pulled the pin on it but I think Lithium got in contact with him and asked him to do something regarding server and domain fees and what have you. Not all the wiki pages were written by Lithium, Ironfist, Naldrag, Rambly and myself though, there were plenty of other contributors throughout its "active period". For instance, cinnamon rolls were mentioned on Angeal's wiki page and I asked him what they were. This was pretty much my response to that~

So yeah, there was definitely a lot of trolling going on back in the day. When the wiki was revived late last year, we started to update it again with articles on people who annoyed us (like before) but I think we aren't really as motivated as much as we were when it was first done and hence we haven't really bothered with it and we've just let it rot a bit. We've mellowed out quite a lot nowadays. In fact, Lithium's right, all it's used for is hosting Big Scary Orderlies releases pretty much. Whether or not he bothers to verify people who've registered on the wiki (I know I do occasionally) is up to him but I'm wondering whether it's worth letting people edit it or whether we should just let it stick there as an ArteFact Of A ByGone Era..

But to answer the question asked in the sub-title: it was done by legit haters at one point, but the ! community is like part EL and PureZC site staff these days so it's not so much of an angry cult nearly as much as just a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than to listen to indie music. For the most part, anyway.

EDIT: This too.

QUOTE(DashSim @ Sep 8 2011, 04:12 PM) View Post

Yeah, the whole thing looks pretty mean spirited. Offense would be justified. Especially if you're me. Because I don't have an article.

http://www.exclam-na...p?title=DashSim

Edited by Taco Chopper, 08 September 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#41 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Sep 8 2011, 07:38 AM) View Post
YESSSSS

Exclam-nation redeemed. My life is complete.

#42 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Because I didn't put very much effort into it.

#43 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Which is quite fitting for an article about me, really.

#44 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 8 2011, 01:02 AM) View Post

Y'know, this whole idea of "you shouldn't be offended" doesn't really make sense to me. To my ears, it all sounds like this:

"I know it was cruel to post those articles around town which said you're a gay prostitute, but we don't mean any harm anymore. It was another time in our lives, and we were really angry back then. We said a lot of things that we don't believe now."

"You don't? Well then, could you take those posters down now?"

"Hell no! Those are CLASSIC."

that's nice radien

QUOTE(Alestance @ Sep 8 2011, 01:12 AM) View Post

Who remembers THIS GUY?!

Hahaha, good times. He's still around on the GTT which still exists too.
And then there was that time he came back as Kramer.
I miss him and his lawyer icon_frown.gif

Whether or not he bothers to verify people who've registered on the wiki (I know I do occasionally) is up to him but I'm wondering whether it's worth letting people edit it or whether we should just let it stick there as an ArteFact Of A ByGone Era..

You can always accept anybody you want, your input still means just as much as mine~
I dunno if it's worth it either though. Ideally we could archive it and start fresh, but that's pretty much impossible right now.

#45 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I remember when this website and a bit of drama here and there exploded an entire IRC network. Good times, good times. icon_awesome.gif

But yeah, this is all satirical. In all honesty, most of the stuff posted on Exclam-nation--while I don't necessarily agree with the subjective parts of it--I don't think it's something to take offense to, since quite a bit of it has at least some truth to it. For example, my article was written at a time in life where I was probably one of the most headache-inducing members on this forum*--yet I still managed to get promoted to local mod. icon_blah.gif

In short, being offended is justified, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best reaction to such a thing. It's best to read it once or twice, laugh at yourself, and ignore it from then on.

* Go ahead, search "TheMasterSwordsman" and "TMS" in the General forum category. I dare you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users