Question about ZC versions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

If I am playing a quest in 2.10, but decide I'd be better off playing it in 1.92 or 1.90 because that's what it was designed for and I'm having problems (such as the boss room glitch, etc.), is there a way to bring both the quest file and the save file over to the lower version of ZC? Or do I have to start the quest over in the lower version?

I tried to do it but I couldn't figure out how. I hope that question makes sense. Any help is appreciated, even if it's "no, you can't do that."

#2 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:03 AM

you can not downgrade a quest nor can you downgrade a save game file.

Edited by franpa, 06 December 2007 - 01:04 AM.

#3 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

Err, can you upgrade it? Cause I know I did this for Hero of Dreams, just can't remember what version I was on and what I went to.

#4 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:14 AM

Yes, Plissken. You can upgrade to a newer version. But never down to an earlier version. The sav files are not the same. Sorry to say FerentzRocks, you'll have to start over.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

That's what I thought, but thanks for the answer. That's what I get for only having 2.10 downloaded right now and being too lazy to download another version too.

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Version 2.5 has a feature to save a quest in version 2.10, but it's buggy now, and will probably always be somewhat problematic given the large number of new features features it has.

As far as I know, that's the only case in which you can downgrade at all, so... sorry, it looks like you'll either have to stick to your version or remake the quest by visually copying the new one. Note: This is why you should always, always save an extra copy before you upgrade a quest in any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users