Why Zelda Classic?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

Zelda Classic is one amazing program. You can express your tastes, your skill, and your heart. But why do you do ZC? Is there a particular reason why you do ZC? Voice your reason in the thread.

For me I do ZC to relieve me of my stress. I have one of those hard living lives. What about you?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

A. I love playing quests made by peopl other than Nintendo. Nintendo makes good games, but they all seem the same.

B. I like making quests. 99.999999% of mine get scrapped within 2 days, but it's still fun to make them.

C. There is no reason C. icon_biggrin.gif

#3 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

This is a "Why DID I"

I love Zelda. I wanted a way to express my creativity and I had a large interest in game design and programming. However, My game design days were over before I even started...

I'll use ZC off and on until It, or I dies. I have a feeling that the former will happen first. I will probably never make a quest, but if it ever happens that I even make a game, it will be programmed from scratch, or using one of the many open source engines out there.

#4 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

Where to start

when i was about 5 (when we had a SNES (the SNES was being replaced by N64) i allways wanted to make my own Zelda game witch turned into LoB (it would have been a lot like LTTP at the time if i could have made it)

Anyway the ression i make Zelda quests (and Billy quests(scorry i had to get that in somewhere)) is becasue it's been a dream of mine to make a Zelda game as the legend of Zelda is my fravitet Vedio game serise

So if you understaed that you now know why

#5 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

I play ZC to express my creativity and experience, and my unique storyline/s and
also sometimes when there is nothing else to play or just to simply pass the time
Like a Time Machine icon_heh.gif except it only goes forward!

Also the idea of almost complete personalization is just so cool icon_cool.gif
that's why playing quests is awesome too icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

I only liked to make palettes and overorld screens. I liked recoloring stuff and... well thats about it.

Sick of it now though.

#7 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

Because I've got nothing better to do

That, and I love making game. ZC is the easiest thing to do that with, so...

#8 Matto63

Matto63

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

ZC was just a site i found which gives you the choice to make your own zelda type game.Me?I am still learning about making quests but when im done i should have my first quest ready.I dont want to have a bad rating for my first quest like those other guys atleast a 3 or higher would be good enough for me.I do zc because 1.I get the chance to make a quest. 2.i enjoy playing and rating other peoples quests. 3. icon_confused2.gif um er... icon_ahha.gif I have never found a more fun way to use my computer.(even though that may not be
99% true)

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Five years ago...

I was dreaming about a program with which you can make LttP dungeons with new bosses, enemies and items, and you can share the dungeon with others. I imagined it like you can build as many floors as many floors have you beaten.
When I found ZeldaClassic by accident (on my computer without downloading it myself) I was very happy and started to build a quest right away.
Currently I use ZC to "create worlds". Original worlds. Ultimately original worlds. (Damn, ShadowTiger just fallen in love with me.)
It's just natural that who loves videogames also wants to make one. I was always high on fantasy, I couldn't live without fantasy expresser methods.
I make quests because I want other people to feel what I feel. The dance... The rhytm... The perfection... The hidden messages...

I also love to use ZC to create something that opposes other fantasy products. That whole lot of dumb TV shows and such... A crystal is needed to materialize in the swamp...

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

I Zelda Classic because since I was a young kid, I wanted to design video games. I have a lot of creative ideas that and innovative things to gave to the video game world, however, I don't want to program things. That is why I went to ZC because I don't need to program things. That is the reason I got out of programing in college. I don't want to do it. But at the same time, scripting is becoming a must, and it actually does drive me away from it.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Dec 1 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

I Zelda Classic because since I was a young kid, I wanted to design video games. I have a lot of creative ideas that and innovative things to gave to the video game world, however, I don't want to program things. That is why I went to ZC because I don't need to program things. That is the reason I got out of programing in college. I don't want to do it. But at the same time, scripting is becoming a must, and it actually does drive me away from it.

The same as him... only without the last part... the scripting one. I'm still unsure weather to use scripts yet or not...
So...Well...you know.... I found it by using google... like most people... ''zelda game maker'' icon_razz.gif

#12 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

I use ZC because I'm a creative and artistic person and I have always dreamed of making games. ZC is a natural choice as Zquest is the best game editor there is.
But why I'm still making ZC quests at the age of 22? Because sadly, I have no life...

#13 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 1 2007, 06:43 PM) View Post

I use ZC because I'm a creative and artistic person and I have always dreamed of making games. ZC is a natural choice as Zquest is the best game editor there is.
But why I'm still making ZC quests at the age of 22? Because sadly, I have no life...

It could be worse, you could be 27 and still trying to finish making your first quest like me! icon_lol.gif
(all done except putting in the endingS)

I like ZC because it's probably the best, clean and cost effective, entertainment out there. Plus there are so many very talented people who make games for this as well, that's what makes it even better. And everyone here seems to be very helpful when it comes to help with a quest or making one.

#14 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 1 2007, 06:43 PM) View Post

Have no life?
Hmm... tell me, are you having fun when playing with ZC?
Cause if you are, then you have a life.
If you're doing it tomake time pass... then.... well... icon_razz.gif

#15 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

I do ZC because when I was a kid I was introduced to it on the NES. Fell in love with it on first glimpse.
Later down the road when I was older found the player for the PC and figured out that you could make your own quests.
My inspiration comes from those that play my quests. To have even only just one person play them is why I continue with it. That and I still love the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users