Your family and ZC

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:43 AM

What is your family's attitude towards ZC and PZC? Do they hate it, or they got addicted, too? Sometimes I felt everybody is a family member/friend/etc. of each other here, so many members announced that another member is their friend/family member/etc.

So...

When I released my first quest, my close family cared for it and asked how well people liked it and when I told them it was low rated, they encouraged me to make another.

So...

My little sister:

She was searching for music when I directed her to PureZC's midi database. She registered under the name Zeldd. She submitted some tiles and started an LttP quest, but never finished that. She loves LttP, likes DoR and dislikes TNA. She thinks it's a waste of layers to make transparent water. She wants me to make my quests quickly, so she can betatest them. Her favourite weapon are the hookshot, boomerang, hammer. In this order.

My youngest brother:

He likes the quest I made and sometimes when I play a quest he watches and says "Wow, this is great! icon_eek.gif". He always asks "How is Shoelace?" and HoD related questions. However, when I tell him to join PureZC, he just smiley and says "Noooooo...", like ZC would be some nerdy thing. He always asks me to make an Ultima quest, a RuneScape quest and to make a Hitman scene in Ballad of a Bloodline. icon_eek.gif

My younger brother:

I suspect he was the one who downloaded ZC to the family computer and deleted it some months later). He played my very first (unnamed, unreleased) quest and laughed on my walkability bugs. Now he cares only drugs.

My mother:

Sometimes I speak about ZC to her. Her favourite theme is "Push graveyard to reveal dungeon entrance.". Sometimes it seems she really cares my ZCing, but for some odd reason, she thinks that my college studies are more important. icon_shrug.gif Also, she doesn't want to try ZC, because she thinks videogames are too hard. I'd so so show her MMDWRDC then.

My father:

He only knows "Zelda gamemaker" and "Zelda forum". Unable to learn more. Also, hates videogames.

My grandmother:

"What are you working?" "Oh, what is that ugly thing?" "Oh, you do pretty things!" "You always just use the computer!"

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

My little sister sometimes does what you said your brother did, here:
QUOTE(CastChaos)
... sometimes when I play a quest he watches and says "Wow, this is great! icon_eek.gif".

Happened when I was playing the Expo demo of LoT. She hasn't expressed any interest in ZC, but she's watched me work on stuff before. Sometimes, my motivation for getting back into ZC is her, because sometimes she's like "When are you going to work on your game again?"

My older sister and my older brother have seen some of the stuff I've done, as well, and they compliment me, but they wouldn't use it, themselves. My oldest niece has simply said words like "Cool" when I tell her I'm making a game. Sometimes my parents ask me what I'm working on, or ask me "Did you make that," etc. Cousins, etc., have also said "That's cool" and stuff like that.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

My father's videogame incompetence is also visible when I play Spyro and he asks "Did you make that?".

Also, Zeldd loves HoD, but can't beat Island Sorrow and she also likes LBDX, but got stuck somewhere after the first or so dungeon. I should go on and teach her more ZC, after all, she is the only one who is interested enough to use ZC and make finally a quest.

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

For me it is like this:

Younger brother: Loves video games, but never played HoD or ZC. He wants to play Runescape all of the time and that is about it.

Younger brother #2: Loves video games, but never played HoD or ZC. Loves Zelda too, but yeah. Will play, and is playing World of Warcraft all of the time.

Younger sister: Love video games, but never played HoD or ZC. Spends the internet time on the-n.com. Degrassi anyone?

Mom: Wouldn't touch games.

Dad: Never been close to a computer.

others: same thing.

So yeah, in other words, I don't have any family members that played HoD or ZC. But my brothers do know DFW, Mr. Z, Freedom, etc. etc. as I talked about them a lot, but they won't play the games. I am actually a lot disappointed that they haven't played my game when they are in fact video game fans. but whatever.

#5 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Brother - Used to be on ZC a lot, then quit.He made half of two quests, both crap XD

Mother - "Ooh, pretty."

Father - I doubt he knows that this exists. Which is good, I don't want him to know.

Small family.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

For ZC and PureZC:

Twin Brother - I told him about it, and he gets it, but doesn't show much interest toward it in regards to Zelda, despite his experience with forums. He is more of a livejournal community person.

Older Brother - He doesn't know about it, and I know it wouldn't interest him.

Mother - I mentioned it to her maybe once or twice. She didn't think much about it. Then again, her computer skills are very basic. I make fun of her for it sometimes, but not in a disrespectful sort of way of course.

Father - He doesn't know about it and video games or anything related were never within his interests. I rarely see him anymore anyway.

No other relatives know about it as far as I know, for I am not around them enough to make conversation about it.

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Grandma: Probably doesn't know about it
Mom: Knows about it, but doesn't care about it
Dad: Knows about it, mostly indifferent, but he doesn't like it somewhat I think
My brothers(who are all older than me):
1: Knows about it, and listened to me as I gave him all my quest ideas. He has used it a little bit, he's really good with pure.
2: Knows about it, and is interested in the games I make, but he wouldn't use it.
3: Introduced ZC to me, he doesn't use it, but he knows what I'm doing with it. He's constantly trying to get me to learn a programming language so I can make my own game engine and game, he's a programmer.

Oh, and my younger cousin, loves ZC and constantly wants to see me work more on Incendia, he doesn't use it, and probably doesn't have the patience to anyway.

Edited by Nuvo, 01 December 2007 - 02:10 PM.

#8 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

My mom: "That's nice. Have you finished those college applications that are due in a month?"

My dad: "Pretty good..."

My brother: "Okay...?"

My dog: "..."

Nobody cares but me about doing anything creative, like making games, quests, websites, etc. It actually saddens me a bit to see so much familial support out there for other questmakers, but I can also take it as extra drive to do well knowing how many there are out there who would appreciate my work. Great thread.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

My Dad: Hates video games and thinks they are a complete waste of time.
My Mom: All she knows is that I have a copmuter prgram that maks video games.
My brother: Sometimes he hates it, sometimes he likes. He always asks me did you make that one whenever he sees me playing.

#10 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

ZC is a secret to the whole family, as I am trying to make a quest to give my parents as a surprise Christmas present, and I know my sisters can't keep a secret.

#11 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

Mine is alot more boring than most others...

Little brother- Loves it. He uses ZQuest all the time. Here, he is known as Zelda Rocks.

Little sister- Once tried to make a quest, but gave up after 2 screens. Other than that, she has never even touched ZC, or said anything about mine or my brother's work.

Older sister- Knows it exists, that's it.

Mother- Is forgetting about it constantly.

Father- Seems to care about the stuff my brother makes, but that's just about the extent of it.

#12 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

Mum (mom): Knows it exists and gives postive feedback (nevers plays only looks at my screens)
Also says she likes music for certin areas

Dad: knows it exists "go outside for a change"

Cussin 1-1-1: "are you still maing sissy games with that whatever it's called make me a GTA"
Cussin 2-1-1: Dosn't know

Others don't know

Yes i've only tode 3 pepole and i'm not telling my classmates as this is what they say about nintendo
"nintendo is a sisey compenty they never make games like GTA so we can play them without being old etheth"

buts thats going off topic

#13 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

My Mom knows, and she really likes Zelda, but hasn't even played anything I made(cuz anything I made really wasn't playable, anyway)

Dad doesn't care

Sis doesn't care

#14 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

My parents attitude towars ZC

Mom:
She never realy cares about what, I do on Zelda Classic or realy anything, I do on the computer as long as its fairly appropriate.
So she's never realy cared except two times, I remember
1.(I converted a picture of my familys house into a ZC image into Zelda Classic then, I showed mom)
"How did you do that?!"
(I explain)
(She's a little tid bit impressed)
2.(I show her PureZC Cafe in my game)
(She says)
All, I see is alot of pixels

Dad:
He's has some interest towards my project but its always the wrong response he almost always says things like
How do you do that?
How does it work?
How many levels have you built?
I don't understand what your doing?
Are you in love with Zelda?

And if your wondering if im in love with Zelda or not take a wild guess icon_sweat.gif

My brothers attitude towards ZC
My 12 year old brother(Yes that makes me the oldest brother icon_smile.gif )
He has the most interest so far towards my project, but dosn't want to come of his but to come see
screenshots all the time, not much else i can say.

My 7 Years old brother
Likes to see my quest occasionally, sometimes he may mistaken some quests for others or mine for someonelses or someonelses for mine.

My whole family's attitude towars PureZC.com

Dad:
Asks what i do at the site and stuff like that.

Mom:
Ask me if the site seems safe and all icon_rolleyes.gif

12 Year old brother:
Likes to see stuff on PureZC in DS also he likes making fun of some guys who swear in the chatroom
(Nothing i can do about that)

7 Year old brother:
Dunno?
------------------
So ya my family is pretty cool with PZC and ZC but
im not working on quest in ZC right now, cause my original computer isnt booting icon_cry.gif I know it sucks!
(Wich reminds me i need a sig update)

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

Little Brother: Vaguely aware of ZC's existence. I don't actively hide it from him, but he just doesn't notcie it.
Not-As-Little Sister: Knows about ZC and Pure, but has no interest in it. She sometimes gives me pointers if I ask how something looks, though.
Mom: Knows about Pure, but not ZC. She has an aversion to chat and forums (she thinks they're wierd) but she doesn't stop me, so that's good.
Dad: Knows about Pure and ZC. Doesn't really care, as long as I don't start to devolve from lack of movement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users