• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Oct 25 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post

What, seriously? icon_biggrin.gif icon_razz.gif Out with it man! Set us up the Bomb/L1 cheat for Lost Isle! icon_blah.gif I don't feel like going through that final boss again, and ESPECIALLY Not what happens immediately afterward. Lord I hated that thing. You have so little time! ;_;

Well, Lost Isle isn't a very hard game, and I've only heard of a couple of people who have stopped playing because of difficulty. But as I said, I don't mind if people cheat, so I have to negotiate about the possibility of adding a Lv1 cheat code to the 2.5 version of Lost Isle. The one problem that arises from enabling the cheat code though is that people could easily claim that they have zero gamed Lost Isle and no one would ever know if that person cheated to achieve a zero game or not. Anarchy_Balsac just finished Lost Isle with only 3 hearts and I know for sure he didn't cheat because there's no way he could have cheated. But if there was a Lv1 cheat code in the quest, then we coul've not ever known if the achievment was genuine or not. icon_wink.gif

Anyhoo, if a cheat code will not make its way to Lost Isle, then I will definitiely release one more version of MMDWR DC, this time with cheat codes. If there's one game in the database that needs cheat codes, it is MMDWR. icon_smile.gif

#17 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

A Youtube Video could easily make claim to such a thing. If you're good enough to go through the vast majority of the game without either using the F3 cheat or a L1 cheat of any sort, (Both of which are VERY obvious in a video.) then you're automatically good enough to do it without cheats as well.

... Actually I forgot what I was going to say while thinking about the various forms of cheating, but I hope you still get the idea. icon_sweat.gif

I got past the final boss, but then immediately saved my game after I died on the very first of the (Highlight for spoilers) escape sequence screens after that , and I don't really feel up to doing all that again. Eh. I got that far. Is that good enough?

At the very least, people use cheats so they can play the whole game. Forget "achievements." They just want to get by without having to be stuck at a certain area for forever and leave it as their own fault. It's saddening on a personal level, considering that it's only a game, versus a work of art. It's like not being allowed into a museum because you suck at interpreting the pieces.

#18 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

You know me. I don't like cheating of any kind because that is just how I am. However, I don't mind if other people do it as some people like it like that. I just frown upon it though for my own reasons such as not being able to experience the game how it was intended.

Plus, if you cheat in my quests and it messes something up (as I do have a lot of one time events and stuff like that), I don't want to hear it as it isn't my problem as I have in the past told people that cheating could equal a no-finish on my game. EotM especially, I can just image what that would cause. XD

#19 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Oct 26 2007, 03:21 PM) View Post

A Youtube Video could easily make claim to such a thing. If you're good enough to go through the vast majority of the game without either using the F3 cheat or a L1 cheat of any sort, (Both of which are VERY obvious in a video.) then you're automatically good enough to do it without cheats as well.

We don't need to see half the game in video, just the hard parts like certain bosses and the end of the game. icon_razz.gif

I got past the final boss, but then immediately saved my game after I died on the very first of the (Highlight for spoilers) escape sequence screens after that , and I don't really feel up to doing all that again. Eh. I got that far. Is that good enough?

I knew I wouldn't be able to save on that part. I had that feeling.

At the very least, people use cheats so they can play the whole game. Forget "achievements." They just want to get by without having to be stuck at a certain area for forever and leave it as their own fault. It's saddening on a personal level, considering that it's only a game, versus a work of art. It's like not being allowed into a museum because you suck at interpreting the pieces.

True, I know there are a lot of people who would want to play a game like this, but don't have the skills/experience to get very far. Especially those who aren't familiar/experienced with ZC.

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Oct 26 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post

Plus, if you cheat in my quests and it messes something up (as I do have a lot of one time events and stuff like that), I don't want to hear it as it isn't my problem as I have in the past told people that cheating could equal a no-finish on my game. EotM especially, I can just image what that would cause. XD

I can't imagine a way for a level 1 cheat to mess up events though. The worse cheat to use would be the level 4 cheat.

Edited by Link75, 26 October 2007 - 06:57 PM.

#20 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, absolutely. The worst thing a L1 cheat can do is to give them bombs where a script made absolutely sure the player had no bombs to use, or rupees to be able to buy an item to lead them out of an area where they had them all removed via a script or something, or by giving yourself more health to cross a field of spikes to get to the other side.

In the latter case, of course, use the Peteo method. Make half the spike combo unwalkable so they can only cross half of it anyway. It's a great method. icon_smile.gif

#21 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:43 PM

im all for a level 1 cheat for LI, im starting to give up on this quest, its just too damn hard.

LI is hard where as Isle of the Winds would (to me) be easy. same with petoes megamanDWR, i think its hard too.

im just not a fan of wexploring the overworld for items which is probably why i enjoy exates quests so much icon_biggrin.gif

#22 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

ST: Well, you're right about the Youtube video idea.
But I have to wonder how could anyone come up with the idea to save during the last sequence in LI. O_o I mean, you wouldn't save during ending credits now would you, then why during the final sequence either? Oh well...

Shoelace: Oh I'm with you there. I don't like cheating and I don't cheat in games myself, but if others want to cheat, I don't mind at all. But if someone cheats playing my game and the game gets somehow screwed up because of cheating, then I will not offer any help in that kind of situation obviously.

Franpa: LI is all about exploring. If you don't like exploring, then LI just isn't your cup of tea. No cheat code can change that. icon_wink.gif

#23 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:26 AM

I can't imagine a way for a level 1 cheat to mess up events though. The worse cheat to use would be the level 4 cheat.

Yeah, I don't even like that cheat, that is just personal preference. But like I said, I don't care if anyone uses cheats, just as long as they don't PM me about a bug that would have been avoided. XD Basically, you won't see any cheats in my quests not even Level 1 cheat no matter how much you ask, even ask my poor Beta Testers. As I told them, No. And I don't mean to come off mean but I wanted the bug testing done the way that it is supposed to be done. icon_razz.gif

Edit: Posted the same time as Peteo: Yup, me and you are the same. XD

#24 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Oct 27 2007, 01:26 PM) View Post

even ask my poor Beta Testers. As I told them, No. And I don't mean to come off mean but I wanted the bug testing done the way that it is supposed to be done. icon_razz.gif

Hehe, yeah, I didn't give any cheats for the poor testers of LI either. icon_wink.gif
I just want my quests to be played the way they are supposed to be played: Without cheats. But since LI was released over 3 months ago and I guess most people who are interested in the quest have already played it, so I will consider putting that much desired Lv1 cheat code in the ZC 2.5 version of Lost Isle, but only with DarkFlameWolf's permission.

#25 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif and me poor tester of both your quests is the last one to see the end of the quest , Shoelace knows that that last timer screen drove me crazy , I don't know how many times I saw that screen before I was able to pass it and see the end of the quests and LI I beat it I made it to the raft place but then the rest wasn't finished then , now I have to kill that boss again and make my way down to the raftplace again and can't make it anymore cause my health potion is used last time and my luck is over to beat the guy ......so again me poor tester will probably never see the end of the quest ......... icon_shrug.gif
If there was a cheat to help me back to the point I already was once , then I surely would use it by now icon_wink.gif

#26 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:53 AM

wow, can't believe I didn't notice this thread before.
But as stated by Petoe, I really don't believe a cheat code should be included in the 2.5 version of Lost Isle, and I'm going to flat out deny it. Lost Isle should be an accomplishment when you beat it and cheating simply takes that away from the quest.
Furthermore, all I know that will be changed in the 2.5 version are major bugs, for example:
Changing the burnable bush near Bhalstok Castle and Tahoe Woods into a gaping pit that the ladder can cross so we can eliminate these "I got to level 3 before finishing level 2" comments.
Fix the power rod chip chest in level 4 so people can't get it without even having a single key to open it.
Probably increase the screen time for each escape sequence to 12-15 seconds instead of 10 as it is now to give more people a chance.
Remove a few Grasps in Grasp-heavy areas where people are frustrated about losing shields. (either that or keep the same amount but reduce the health of Grasps so it takes fewer hits to kill them) But adding another free shield to counter this is OUT OF THE QUESTION. Six should be more than enough + the shops you can buy them from.
Anything else I would be missing?

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 27 October 2007 - 06:53 AM.

#27 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

i withdraw my earlier statement lolz, the blue armor and level 2 sword makes LI vastly easier.

#28 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

Franpa: Good to know! The Blue Armor makes Lost Isle a much more pleasent experience doesn't it? icon_wink.gif

DFW: As you wish, ma'am. Though we gotta discuss these matters further in private...

#29 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 27 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post
Changing the burnable bush near Bhalstok Castle and Tahoe Woods into a gaping pit that the ladder can cross so we can eliminate these "I got to level 3 before finishing level 2" comments.
uh, why not just change it to a blue flower that disappears after beating level 2?

and petoe, i wouldnt call it a pleasent experience simply because its still a freakin' maze. makes me NOT want to repeat that level ever again.

uh, you can buy the sword scroll over and over again for 260 arrows a pop ;\

Edited by franpa, 27 October 2007 - 09:16 PM.

#30 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 27 2007, 04:53 AM) View Post

Furthermore, all I know that will be changed in the 2.5 version are major bugs, for example:
Fix the power rod chip chest in level 4 so people can't get it without even having a single key to open it.

Oh, so now you want to take out the fun of sequence breaking. Jk icon_razz.gif
QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 27 2007, 04:53 AM) View Post

Remove a few Grasps in Grasp-heavy areas where people are frustrated about losing shields. (either that or keep the same amount but reduce the health of Grasps so it takes fewer hits to kill them) But adding another free shield to counter this is OUT OF THE QUESTION. Six should be more than enough + the shops you can buy them from.

Thank you! You have no idea how many times I had to restart the catacombs because of deaths and shield losses. I spent hours on that place and although it was a neat dungeon, I hated it by the time I was finished with it. I hate like likes and wall masters to begin with. It would be fine if their health was decreased so you have a chance to escape them with your shield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users