The Legend of Zelda - The Tower of Dawn

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Ah alright then. Well good luck in finishing it. Oh and... I dunno if you'll have any beta-testers or something for the quest, but if you'd like, I could participate for beta testing if you like :D

And... you've seen the race with me and SCKnuckles? Wow what a small world lol. I gotta say, Knuckles' trouble in 4-9 got me a huge advantage lol.

Small world indeed, I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube haha

But if you want to beta-test it I wouldn't mind, also I just played through Level 7. It's still unfinished but it took me around half an hour, and I know exactly what order you have to do everything in. And the boss isn't hard enough lol

#62 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Small world indeed, I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube haha

But if you want to beta-test it I wouldn't mind, also I just played through Level 7. It's still unfinished but it took me around half an hour, and I know exactly what order you have to do everything in. And the boss isn't hard enough lol

Shweet. If you got Skype, you can easily send me the file over so I can play what you got so far (or when you finish the quest).

Hint to my Skype name: You're looking at it above my member title and avatar.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 23 December 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#63 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Shweet. If you got Skype, you can easily send me the file over so I can play what you got so far (or when you finish the quest).

Hint to my Skype name: You're looking at it above my member title and avatar.

Yeah I've got Skype. I'll add you when I get the chance ahha, but having a beta-tester will help. I'll finish up Level 7 soon, then start on Level 8 and finish the overworld. Or something along those lines haha

#64 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I've got Skype. I'll add you when I get the chance ahha, but having a beta-tester will help. I'll finish up Level 7 soon, then start on Level 8 and finish the overworld. Or something along those lines haha

Alright sweet, can't wait to start beta testing.

#65 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

Good to see you never give up on this :D

I wish you good luck with the rest of your project, Laprabi!

#66 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Okay guys, I've got a bit of a problem here...

So I got a new laptop for Christmas right, and I want to continue making this quest. So I import all the files over, and guess what, my laptop can't run 2.10. So I decide to see if 2.5 works. It does, so I open the quest in that. I'm making screens and I try and press 'I' to open the item select menu and ZQuest crashes. I tried this multiple times and still get the same result. If this isn't fix-able then unless I use my old laptop to make the quest the quest won't be finished. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just because I opened a 2.10 quest (which started life in 1.92b183) in the 2.5 editor. Someone help?

The OS on my new laptop is Windows 8 by the way, in case this helps.

EDIT: Just done some more testing and in fact, even trying to place the item square results in the program crashing.

Edited by Laprabi, 26 December 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#67 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

So I got a new laptop for Christmas right, and I want to continue making this quest. So I import all the files over, and guess what, my laptop can't run 2.10. So I decide to see if 2.5 works. It does, so I open the quest in that. I'm making screens and I try and press 'I' to open the item select menu and ZQuest crashes. I tried this multiple times and still get the same result. If this isn't fix-able then unless I use my old laptop to make the quest the quest won't be finished. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just because I opened a 2.10 quest (which started life in 1.92b183) in the 2.5 editor. Someone help?

EDIT: Just done some more testing and in fact, even trying to place the item square results in the program crashing.

It must be the OS, I don't think ZC works very well on Windows 8. You may need to continue work on your older laptop.

#68 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

It must be the OS, I don't think ZC works very well on Windows 8. You may need to continue work on your older laptop.

You may want to try setting ZC to run as administrator under the properties settings for the program.

Also, set it to run as Windows XP under the compatibility tab.

#69 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

You may want to try setting ZC to run as administrator under the properties settings for the program.

I honestly forgot you could do that >_>

My bad lol

#70 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just tried doing both of these and the game still crashes every time I press 'I', it's really annoying.

#71 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just tried doing both of these and the game still crashes every time I press 'I', it's really annoying.

Is it just crashing for this quest? Have you tried starting a new quest to see if it still crashes?

#72 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Is it just crashing for this quest? Have you tried starting a new quest to see if it still crashes?

Yeah I've tried a new quest and it just hasn't worked.. This is a slight pain.

#73 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Oh my sweet baby Jesus it's been a while since I posted here.

Well I doubt anyone remembers this quest since it was abandoned due to computer problems. I tried the other day to run ZC 2.5 and ZQuest on this same laptop and somehow it works, and doesn't crash upon the i button anymore. However due to school progress will be slow, arduous and difficult, but I might as well finish it, I'm just unsure of how long it will take.

Also I've decided to redesign or rejig Level 2, I'm unhappy with how it turned out and I feel that the gimmick of the Level (go through with one fewer heart, gain back at the end) makes it more difficult than need be. Plus it seems a bit bland and just filling up space for the sake of it. However I won't delete the level entirely, I'm planning on a 'Level Gauntlet' of sorts, accessible once the game is completed, where the player can try levels that I have removed from the main story for what ever reason. There are a few of them already; old Level 2, which was too short and old Level 3 which was just bad. It's just a way for the player to see that there was a lot to the game, if it makes sense. I like the idea myself.

If you even remember this quest then you're in luck, it might actually be completed at some point now.

• Eddy likes this

#74 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

Great to hear from this quest again, I definitely didn't forget about this one. I like the changes you got going on so far.

#75 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Eddy :)

Yeah I sent you some of the game to play through, haven't made any significant additions since then, it's mainly just changing room setup and the like. I'm gonna redo Level 2 and then start on Level 8. Level 8 is laid out on ZQuest it just doesn't have anything other than the beginning rooms in it so far.

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users