Solved- Issues With the Map/Minimap

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Alright, I'm working in the latest version of 2.5 using the Dance of Remembrance Tileset (Hybrid).

Here's a few screenshots to help explain the problem better.

9hEQOEe.png

This was made with the original Dance of Remembrance Tileset. You'll note that the minimap properly reflects the shape of the dungeon, as well as it's name.

SXq1mQK.png

This was made in the Dance of Remembrance (Hybrid) Tileset. The dungeon name and minimap box itself appear, but the map for the dungeon isn't shown.

I haven't really fooled around with setting up the maps before, but looking into the subscreen; it doesn't appear to let you change the properties very much.

Additionally, I've tried altering the basic tiles that make up the minimap (as defined under Graphics-> Map Style) but that doesn't seem to change whether or not the minimap shows up either.

I don't know if the other parts of the subscreen are the wrong color or Cset or if it is the minimap. I try not to edit those things heavily since they can be difficult to correct.

Also, the map that is supposed to appear on the active subscreen is showing up. After I get the map item, any rooms I enter appear on it.

Since having a working map is a feature often found in Zelda games, I'd really appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me what in the world is going on!

Edit: Okay, I've been working on trying to figure this out on my own for a month or so and trying to figure it out and trying various solutions with no result. Then, this morning I adjust my subscreen so that the area behind the minimap is blank and the minimap has a different map style but it doesn't work.

But when I imported my old subscreen and forgot to change the map style, it now works. Not only that, but I'd tried changing the map style to that before. I don't know if this was a bug or what, but the problem is gone now.

So thanks for viewing this topic, but the issue has gone away on its own.

Edited by ywkls, 12 May 2015 - 09:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users