• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Sep 16 2007, 01:51 PM) View Post

Thank you for interjecting your well thought-out and fully substantiated post. icon_sweat.gif Seriously, I've heard many people say that Vista is terrible, but not one has given me any reason why.

It whores the CPU. Seriously. And it's crammed with errors.

Seriously though it's just some gimmick, using higher defined graphics to whore your memory and all.

#17 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

Vista is okay, as I have it. The only problem I have with it, is that everything isn't updated to it. But that is to be excepted. But hopefully Microsoft will update the fixs to some of the problems, but it has been nice to me thus far.

#18 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

2.10 doesn't seem to work with my Vista, either. The colors are messed up and I can't open any quests. What do I do?

#19 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

I wonder... Would it kill the ZC developers to make a 2.10 that's totally compatible with Vista? It would certainly mean less hassle for players.

The way I see it, there probably won't be a single XP computer left by 2010, maybe sooner, so if ZC version at-least-2.10 isn't Vista compatible by then, ZC is pretty much doomed. What do you guys think?

P.S. BTW, if your "thoughts" include a solution to my Vista problem in the post above this one, I would very much like to hear it.

EDIT: Wait a minute. 2.5 seems to be compatible in windowed mode. Maybe I should just switch to 2.5 for the time being.
Can't wait until final 2.5 comes out icon_cool.gif

Edited by Silly Cat 2, 07 November 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#20 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

Vista sucks.
hard.

downgrade to xp or get a good beta.

Edited by gray0x, 07 November 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#21 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

So Vista is a memory hog. Get over it. Memory is becoming more cheap by the minute (Silicon chips aren't that hard to make, with the right equipment and resources). So if that's the case...

then Vista isn't horrible.

It is just yet to be supported by most programs. Particularly homebrew ones, take Zelda Classic for example.

So it isn't horrible. Most of those things can be registry tweaked or just uninstalled/disabled really fast. I mean, Windows concentrates on CPU handling more than memory management. Did you know that? And Linux handles memory more than Windows. That's what makes people like Linux. The CPU is hogged by just a bit in Linux, but only because it's trying. Same with Windows. See the tension here? Anyway, the thing with ZC and Vista. I'd say switch to the new betas, particularly the ones that have "Vista Build" in the descriptions.

Try it out. Vista isn't terrible, it's just Microsoft's brainchild that's waiting to really be put into gear. Be patient, people. Or just go for the new betas icon_razz.gif

~TMS

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

Actually, I have NO problems with Vista WHATSOEVER!! Though, my computer IS a mega one icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users