Hylian Remake Update!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys, me again after a long time gone, (due to big school projects). But well, here I bring you guys new screenshots of how I'm going with the new remake demo. Here you go:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Well there are some things I'd like to point out. The tile blocks on the subscreen were borrowed from Purplemandown's Void of Madness, I used these colors because there was no other dark color that I liked. Second thing, there are still some unfinished areas, as it is noted in Hyrule Castle.

Third thing, for you beginners and intermediate quest makers: how do you guys get inspired again? Believe me, I'm losing interest in this quest. Believe me when I say it has great potencial and I would really like to get this project finished. Any tip for that?

Another thing, this quest (if I don't cancel it) will be released by march or april of 2013. I hope I don't get to discouraged, but I´ll try to get it finished with the best of my work. Trust me, it will be way better then demo 1.

So, please help me with that guys, I see potencial, but don't want to lose it. See you around next time!

NOTE: Another demo will be released soon, but alll the way towards Glacier Mountains, just like I promised the other time.

UPDATE: (1/18/13): All right, here is the changelog since demo 1:

-String count went from 70 to 120.
-A much better and longer introduction to the game.
-New tileset yet similar (PTUX)
-Better designed screens.
-2 floors in Hyrule Castle. planning for a basement floor and a new floor for the last dungeon.
-Added the Hero's Cave.
-New demo planned to go through the first 3 Spiritual Stone Sanctuarys.

UPDATE: (1/25/13): Here are the support bars for you guys who would like to support my quest:

CODE
[url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57518][img]http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/demonlink14/Userbar2_zps2f8a03c2.png[/img][/url]

IPB Image

CODE
[url=http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57518][img]http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg522/demonlink14/Userbar1_zps7023253a.png[/img][/url]

IPB Image

UPDATE: (1/27/13): Here is the official INTRO Trailer I made!

Edited by demonlink14, 27 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Looking pretty great! Screens are very good. Nice and simple, although with a few tile errors, still nice! I'll be looking forward to playing this! icon_smile.gif

#3 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Subscreen looks SOOOOOOOO much better this time. Loving it

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Dec 22 2012, 11:22 PM)  

Looking pretty great! Screens are very good. Nice and simple, although with a few tile errors, still nice! I'll be looking forward to playing this! icon_smile.gif

Thanks man, I'm trying to do my best on this quest. From what I've done, it looks already much better than my first demo!

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Jubbz @ Dec 23 2012, 01:47 AM)  

Subscreen looks SOOOOOOOO much better this time. Loving it

Thanks dude, I took in mind about the other subscreen, and it was too bright, plus the triforce in the background was kind of odd.

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, looks pretty good so far. Thanks for sharing so many screens! I do find the perspective on the shot with the shop on the cliff a bit confusing, though.

#7 obituary1992

obituary1992

She doesn't love me anymore!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Everything looks great! Me likey, especially the subscreen design. It's a nice touch. Also, the Temple of Light shots are purrrrrrrttyyy.....

QUOTE(demonlink14 @ Dec 22 2012, 11:47 PM)  

Third thing, for you beginners and intermediate quest makers: how do you guys get inspired again? Believe me, I'm losing interest in this quest. Believe me when I say it has great potencial and I would really like to get this project finished. Any tip for that?

Speaking with my experience of getting inspired, I tend to use three things:

Music
Nature Scenery
Zelda Maps

As for the music part, there's a bit of music I listen to that just reminds me of Zelda games. I don't know why, most of the music that inspires me, I never listened to when I played any Zelda games, and yet, bands like Opeth (for me) just bring these crazy visuals to mind, especially the album 'Ghost Reveries'. Every song in that album reminds me of somewhere in ALttP. icon_rolleyes.gif

Nature scenery reminds of the days when I was young and used to run through the woods with a stick acting like I was on some epic quest like Link. Miyamoto really played well on that whole creating a character that represents the target audience. I look at a nice waterfall or a cool picture of a woodland scenery and just get inspired to make maps.

Zelda maps are the best way for me to relive the days of playing Zelda, bringing back the feelings I had while playing them and sometimes remembering some of the ideas I had for a Zelda game when my imagination still ran wild. Replaying games that I had beaten dozens of times made me explore and urn for bigger maps, broader horizons, and more killing! icon_freak.gif

But hey, that's just what works for me. Everyone is different.

Also, personally, when I just can't seem to find any motivation or creativity, I sit back and take a trip into space icon_razz.gif

Edited by obituary1992, 11 January 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#8 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(obituary1992 @ Jan 11 2013, 02:42 AM)  

Everything looks great! Me likey, especially the subscreen design. It's a nice touch. Also, the Temple of Light shots are purrrrrrrttyyy.....
Speaking with my experience of getting inspired, I tend to use three things:

Music
Nature Scenery
Zelda Maps

As for the music part, there's a bit of music I listen to that just reminds me of Zelda games. I don't know why, most of the music that inspires me, I never listened to when I played any Zelda games, and yet, bands like Opeth (for me) just bring these crazy visuals to mind, especially the album 'Ghost Reveries'. Every song in that album reminds me of somewhere in ALttP. icon_rolleyes.gif

Nature scenery reminds of the days when I was young and used to run through the woods with a stick acting like I was on some epic quest like Link. Miyamoto really played well on that whole creating a character that represents the target audience. I look at a nice waterfall or a cool picture of a woodland scenery and just get inspired to make maps.

Zelda maps are the best way for me to relive the days of playing Zelda, bringing back the feelings I had while playing them and sometimes remembering some of the ideas I had for a Zelda game when my imagination still ran wild. Replaying games that I had beaten dozens of times made me explore and urn for bigger maps, broader horizons, and more killing! icon_freak.gif

But hey, that's just what works for me. Everyone is different.

Also, personally, when I just can't seem to find any motivation or creativity, I sit back and take a trip into space icon_razz.gif

Hey thanks man, two things: one, thanks for the inspiration tips, I'll try to find something to keep me inspired. And two, I made a new subscreen as you can see:

IPB Image IPB Image

These are the Overworld and Dungeon Active subscreens. I thought I wasn't making such an original subscreen as the last one (see screenshots on top), but I drew the borders and organized the INVENTORY text. I wanted to see how a custom drawn subscreen would look like, (especially after I got inspired by seeing Lost Isle's Subscreen, pretty nice quest icon_clap.gif

As for the background, you can see a little bit of what is Hyrule Castle.( I decided to add a little update on that icon_lol.gif )
Till next time! Keep bringing more feedback!

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Is that... a kid in your inventory? Is that normal?

#10 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jan 11 2013, 07:00 PM)  

Is that... a kid in your inventory? Is that normal?

That's the bait item class. icon_lol.gif It's not what it looks like. I have it set to bait because he is part of an event before Level 2, where you have to give him to his mother in order to proceed. Heck, it DOES look kinda weird doesn't it?

#11 obituary1992

obituary1992

She doesn't love me anymore!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(demonlink14 @ Jan 11 2013, 08:22 PM)  

That's the bait item class. icon_lol.gif It's not what it looks like. I have it set to bait because he is part of an event before Level 2, where you have to give him to his mother in order to proceed. Heck, it DOES look kinda weird doesn't it?

Hmmm... A kid as bait... OH MAN!!! That's totally awesome! I mean, I'm a troll... and small children make nice snacks for trolls.... icon_twisted.gif

TROLL BAIT!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! icon_freak.gif

BTW, sexy screens... icon_smile.gif

Edited by obituary1992, 12 January 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#12 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(obituary1992 @ Jan 12 2013, 02:23 PM)  

Hmmm... A kid as bait... OH MAN!!! That's totally awesome! I mean, I'm a troll... and small children make nice snacks for trolls.... icon_twisted.gif
TROLL BAIT!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! icon_freak.gif
BTW, sexy screens... icon_smile.gif

Thanks dude! icon_biggrin.gif And, yes, it would be funny to use the kid as a snack icon_lol.gif

#13 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(demonlink14 @ Jan 12 2013, 07:02 PM)  

Thanks dude! icon_biggrin.gif And, yes, it would be funny to use the kid as a snack icon_lol.gif

You know, when all this was said about the child, I got the image of a store in the game that sells children for rupees......in a way, it feels wrong, but whatever, it's a game. icon_deformed.gif It's like a McDonalds where the happy meal is not given to children, but the happy children ARE the happy meal. WthSmiley.gif

Edited by Sepulcher, 12 January 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#14 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Jan 12 2013, 07:53 PM)  

You know, when all this was said about the child, I got the image of a store in the game that sells children for rupees......in a way, it feels wrong, but whatever, it's a game. icon_deformed.gif It's like a McDonalds where the happy meal is not given to children, but the happy children ARE the happy meal. WthSmiley.gif

Ha, funny thought icon_lol.gif But no, it's not what it looks like, let's just say he's a kidnapped child whom you have to rescue in order to proceed. However, that Mcdonald's thought DOES freak me out a little icon_freak.gif

#15 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I would hope it would freak you out. It freaked me out just typing that response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users