Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thanks, I put some thought into that icon_biggrin.gif
I just hope it's not hard to figure out to use the hookshot.. icon_sorry.gif

#92 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

It won't for anybody who's played OoT. Those who haven't, weeeell....

I'd say just having the flag animated so it catches the player's attention should be enough.

#93 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hey one more question:

The time to be set on a timed side warp is in seconds. Now, on the combo editing screen, what is the animation speed? I know it is not seconds, since 60 is not a minute.

#94 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm not 100% on this one, but I believe animation speed for combos is # of ticks per tile. If you set it to 16 (common speed for waterfalls), each tile will be shown for 16 ticks before moving to the next one. If you set it to 0, then it goes as fast as ZQuest is capable of switching tiles. (I've tried that before but only for detailed animation where something moves one pixel at a time; I don't recommend 0 speed for anything else.)

Please note that timed warps use ticks, not seconds: 60 ticks = 1 second. (Screen Data tells you this conversion.)

#95 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

wow, thanks icon_smile.gif

That's going to help my animated cutscenes icon_biggrin.gif

#96 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Jan 20 2012, 10:55 PM) View Post

wow, thanks icon_smile.gif

That's going to help my animated cutscenes icon_biggrin.gif

And for the music i am almost done with it Ica44

#97 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Cool icon_biggrin.gif

I have some ideas for that project too icon_wink.gif

#98 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey, another question

#How can I give items in 2.10 with description and still have the warp to go away after you obtain the item?

Edited by Ica44, 03 March 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#99 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Mar 3 2012, 09:12 PM) View Post

Hey, another question

#How can I give items in 2.10 with description and still have the warp to go away after you obtain the item?

You'd honestly save yourself like 20 wasted DMaps by upgrading to 2.5. The only way to do screen state carryovers in 2.10 is by using the trigger enemy and that means that you need to do fancy DMap stuff and essentially it's too complicated for me to explain and make sense. The basic idea is that you have an enemy that you kill on one screen using the kill all enemies item and have the same enemy on another screen on the same dmap number triggering a secret. The problem with this is that you'd have about 4 items per dungeon (map, compass, boss key, and dungeon item) and that would require the dungeon consisting of 4 different dmaps linked with side warps. See why this question is complicated?

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 03 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#100 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Oh, thanks, I forgot about the kill all enemies item.
Also, I am only using a description on the main item, the map, compass and boss key dont need it.
I'll work it out tomorrow, thanks icon_smile.gif

#101 vinheim3

vinheim3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

I've got some small questions too:

1. How do you divide a map into different sections? Like you go from forest to wasteland, the screen blacks out, palette changes and so does the music and map name.

2. Is it possible for a combo to only activate when hit by a lower version of an item you have?

#102 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(vinheim3 @ Mar 4 2012, 07:09 AM) View Post

I've got some small questions too:

1. How do you divide a map into different sections? Like you go from forest to wasteland, the screen blacks out, palette changes and so does the music and map name.

2. Is it possible for a combo to only activate when hit by a lower version of an item you have?

1 - you make different DMaps and use Sidewarps -> scrolling warp

2 - a lower version? I don't see why, that could stuck the player, but I don't think so.

#103 vinheim3

vinheim3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Oh yeah, maps and dmaps are different, shoulda remembered from the tutorial *insert mandatory facepalm*

Also, I planned on making silver arrows fire arrows and gold arrows ice arrows and you have to choose 1 (you can pick the other later). Though I'm guessing scripting could just differ the effects and sprites of a silver arrow depending on your choice, and I think that would be an easier solution.

Thanks for help on the first one!

Edited by vinheim3, 04 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#104 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hello there again. Nice to see you. Anyways, I've got a really important bug I need to fix before being able to send in my EXPO post. This is the problem:

In my quest, the main itens have descriptions. So I put a layer with the item and a warp under it. During the description, you get the real item and kill an enemy so the layer and warp disappear. The problem is, it doesn't.

I have it so you stand in a warp, and, while text appears, a kill-all-enemies drops on you thanks to a conveyor, and kill the enemy (a Rope 1). The screen is set to enemies -> secret and marked as a dungeon boss. Both are set on the same level, and the screen where it's supposed to work is also set with a trigger enemy, enemies -> secret and a dungeon boss marker. Why doesn't it work? icon_cry.gif

#105 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you rephrase your problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users