Basic Story (WIP)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Link has saved the world recently. (from EVIL!!!) He needs a vacation. He comes with only the necessary items, his boat and his all expenses paid trip to Cucumber Islands, a new popular island resort, with many attractions fun for everyone!
"Take a dip in the hot springs of Cucumber Caldera! Or try a brisk hike through the peaceful meadows of Cucumber Camellias!" - An excerpt from the official Cucumber Island brochure.
When Link arrives, not all is well. Ganon too, has decided to take a vacation, with all of his evil minions. They begin to take over the management, and charge outrageous prices for the merchandise.

*BOOM* - Explosions requested by Demonlink
"Hot Spring trips are amazing! 999 rupees per second! It's totally worth it!" - Cucumber Islands ad (under new management)
The locals beg Link to save their home. Link agrees, and decides to begin his vacation after kicking Ganon's butt. (to put it eloquently)

The goal of the quest is to recover the eight souvenirs of Cucumber Islands, so that he has something cool to show Zelda when he gets back to Hyrule. And also to rub it in Ganon's face when he encounters him. Whatever comes first, right? Ganon will be utterly stunned that Link managed to collect all of these worthless knick-knacks!

- Obviously a work in progress, but I, nonetheless wanted to share what I was thinking at this point for this quest. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read it or comment on it! :)

- SirKazuma

Edited by SirKazuma, 09 September 2014 - 02:21 PM.

• Moonbread, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#2 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

This story made me laugh so hard! 10/10 IGN

• SirKazuma likes this

#3 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

This story made me laugh so hard! 10/10 IGN

Thanks! I tried I guess xD

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

Needs more action, shooting and explosions  :derp:

Just kidding. I actually like this take you're going for a story! Pretty unique compared to the general "Bad Guy appears, Darkness -> Butt Kicking and Save the Girl" crap (which I myself have also fallen towards :lol: ). So, Ganon appears and ruins pretty much everything for our young lad. Bummer. I would really like to see unique shops and hopefully elements that make this quest unique as it's current path is taking towards! 

Oh, BTW, I want to literally see Link rub his goodies in Ganon's Pig Face XD. (Dude, do that, I beg you :lol: )

Great luck on your quest Kaz! :D

• SirKazuma likes this

#5 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

Needs more action, shooting and explosions  :derp:

Just kidding. I actually like this take you're going for a story! Pretty unique compared to the general "Bad Guy appears, Darkness -> Butt Kicking and Save the Girl" crap (which I myself have also fallen towards :lol: ). So, Ganon appears and ruins pretty much everything for our young lad. Bummer. I would really like to see unique shops and hopefully elements that make this quest unique as it's current path is taking towards! 

Oh, BTW, I want to literally see Link rub his goodies in Ganon's Pig Face XD. (Dude, do that, I beg you :lol: )

Great luck on your quest Kaz! :D

I added an explosion in. You happy now? :D And yes, the goodies will be rubbed in the faces of Ganon

• Demonlink likes this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

I really like what you're doing with this quest. Typically, I prefer serious stories, but that preference won't get in the way of a lighthearted Nintendo quality humor storyline. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will be executed into the actual quest.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

That was a really hilarious story :P

Also I spotted an error:

"Ganon will utterly stunned that Link managed to collect all of these worthless knick-knacks!"

Shouldn't it be: "Ganon will be utterly stunned that Link managed to collect all of these worthless knick-knacks!"?

Just a little correction lol.

But anyways, that story made me laugh really hard so really great work on that :D

• SirKazuma likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

The Triforce should be one of those worthless knick-knacks, just for laughs.

• SirKazuma likes this

#9 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

The Triforce should be one of those worthless knick-knacks, just for laughs.

That's a good idea! I'll see what I can do!

That was a really hilarious story :P

Also I spotted an error:

"Ganon will utterly stunned that Link managed to collect all of these worthless knick-knacks!"

Shouldn't it be: "Ganon will be utterly stunned that Link managed to collect all of these worthless knick-knacks!"?

Just a little correction lol.

But anyways, that story made me laugh really hard so really great work on that :D

I'm glad you liked it! And I fixed the error you pointed out as well!

I really like what you're doing with this quest. Typically, I prefer serious stories, but that preference won't get in the way of a lighthearted Nintendo quality humor storyline. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will be executed into the actual quest.

Thanks! I'm sorry it isn't a serious story, but this is what I want to go for in my quest, a very lighthearted story! I'm glad at least you're giving it a chance! :)

• Shane likes this

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

This kind of reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine's story. Color me excited! :)

• Shane, Eddy, strike and 1 other like this

#11 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

This is actually a really fun, creative, and intuitive story. I really like it! Looking forward to seeing this implemented in the quest itself. :)

• SirKazuma likes this

#12 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

*BOOM*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPRq8T6il1c

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users