Randomizer Outlands Beta 4 and Beyond

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

The latest beta has been uploaded. Starting with this beta I'll be using the same filename, so save files should be compatible with future betas.

Some fixes were made that moved a few low level dungoens so they are easier to enter and adjusted how a few key items are placed. Seeds used in previous betas will produce slightly different results now.

This beta has completed the final bosses and adds the first bonus dungeon. And the new "arena". Item completion now goes up to an even 102%.

Item presets has options now. Select from 4 diffenent preset item layouts if you don't want to randomize. Future updates will add more presets. Each preset will need complete testing to make sure all items appear the correct number of times, so if you 100% a preset and have no bugs let me know so I know what has and hasn't been fully tested.

All that will likely be added to future updates are more bonus dungeons and item presets. And maybe a proper ending after the true final boss.
  • MermaidCim, Ryunaker and SinSeven like this

#2 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

Im downloading this update immediately.

#3 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

I think I'll try preset 3.  (Randomly picked, ironically. ^_^)  (Fortunately, tap dancing on the preset options doesn't seem to have broken anything...hehe)

It would seem this is one where the shields are hard to find...at least, after almost the halfway point on items, I haven't found one, yet.  ... and ironically, the very next item I got after saying that was a shield.  >.> <.<   :doh:   It wasn't in a level, either, though it was in a tricky-to-reach area.

Edited by Ryunaker, 20 February 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#4 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

Level 9-1 Can't find the compass.  I've been to every room on the map and can't find it.  Is it there?  Seed is 84894607 81271677 and I am playing on ZC 2.50.1 RC3.

#5 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

Not every level has a compass. There is a way to find out how many you have, vs. how many there are, as with maps -- which, BTW, is currently at least one off from all; there are at least 83, unless I am wrong about the last set.

Edited by Ryunaker, 21 February 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#6 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

I actually found that out myself a while ago.  I'm now trying to find the remaining items and also one last missing compass.  There are 64 compasses in total right?  Is there anything about the tektite on the parallel world?  I tried all my current inventory on it and it didn't trigger anything.

#7 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Haven't gotten anything from that, yet, either.  Suspecting another trigger, like for that area's path.  BTW:  I was incorrect, on the maps.  I now understand where the number comes from, and, unless there are more dungeons I do not know about, there are 82.

Edited by Ryunaker, 23 February 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#8 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

Yes, there are 64 compasses.  And I'm only missing the location of one item, now.  It's either past that trigger...or possibly I missed it in the bonus dungeon, though I got one item there, and thought I checked all of the rooms.  No 200 rupees or duplicate items, yet, and only 10 more to collect (I know where 9 of them are, but don't have them yet.)

#9 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

For the Tektite statue:

Spoiler

And yeah, Compasses don't appear in Level 9s or Side/Bonus Dungeons. Only the main levels of each set will have one.

#10 HammerGuy

HammerGuy

• Members

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

I've done just about everything in the beta but something kept bothering me:

Spoiler

#11 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

For the Tektite statue:

Spoiler

And yeah, Compasses don't appear in Level 9s or Side/Bonus Dungeons. Only the main levels of each set will have one.

OK, that's clever.

#12 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

I've gotten 100% besides the map one, and it is different from the ones that I have, so everything seems available.  I'll go after the map one in a bit...just going to be a little tedious to find out which ones I'm missing.

#13 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

I actually think one of the maps is not working right...I am going to play through one of the other settings to try and confirm it.  I remember getting all of them, but seem one short.

#14 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

This is probably my most favourite Randomizer quest I've played. I think it's getting better as each installment improves, and IMO this one may have topped it. I do have a question about the quest:

Spoiler

#15 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

I never found the parallel overworld but I beat ganon, the transformation and new battle was pretty cool found 117 treasures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users