Getting Close to the Finish Line

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I resumed work on this project just a little more than 2 months ago. Before I picked the game back up, by scripting knowledge was close to zero. I could implement any type of script (except having more than one global because it just confused me) but that was about it. Now, thanks to me learning how to script and my renewed interest in the project, the game is almost complete! With help from the community and with my knowledge of scripting, I've been able to take my original quest, The Flow of Time, and turn it into something I'm really proud of.

At this time, I've only got three things left to accomplish before the game is release ready.

1. Level 9 is now completely finished, all that is left is to code the two final bosses. This will be my biggest challenge yet, but at the same time, should really improve my ability as a programmer! Level 9 also turned out to be a really fun dungeon that puts everything you learned in the game to the test.

zelda096.png

2. In my vision of the game, I want there to be 3 songs that Link can play. One that activates time portals, one that lets you warp to certain statues, and one that sends you from any point in the past to the present, with no need for a portal. The last two songs are completely optional but I feel it will add something to the game and I have a member here at PureZC who is working on this for me.

3. Finally, I want the game to feel fair for all players. I would like players of all skill levels to be able to complete the game without becoming incredibly frustrated due to unfair tactics. Besides careful balancing with help of my beta testers, I have come up with an optional quest line for the player to complete. It encourages careful exploration and will provide generous rewards to the player. I just finished scripting this last night and all that is left is for me to add the remaining chests to the game.

In the game, there will be golden, enchanted chests. The only way to open these chests will be to find the hidden shopkeeper who sells enchanted keys. Once you do, you can purchase these valuable keys and use them to open any golden chest of your choosing. Each chest will contain an enchanted item, which will be a significant upgrade to items you already had. To open the chest, simply have the key in your B Button slot and walk up to a chest and hit B. If you aren't at a chest, the game will remind you what you need to do with the key.

zelda094.png zelda095.png

Each enchanted item will be a significant reward. So players that might need them in order to clear the game or just players who like finding secrets and obtaining items should enjoy this sidequest.

While it could be anywhere between a week to a month from now (depending on how scripting goes for me), I would be interested in having potentially one more beta tester for the quest. If you would like to help out, just let me know!

Edited by Obderhode, 23 July 2014 - 11:17 AM.

• WindRobe and Demonlink like this

#2 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

I will like to be beta tester please for once again from your old Flow of Time.

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

I think you've just surpassed your skills from the old FoT! :D I actually like all the ideas and new ways you're handling for your quest! All I can say is, I'm ready to betatest any day and great luck on the final product! :D (BTW, Mythelkr's Castle looks exciting from that palette you're using!)

• WindRobe likes this

#4 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Thank you both for offering to help out and the support! I'll be sure to let both of you know when it is ready through PM. :)

#5 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hi Obderhode

I like the idea by having golden enchanted chests. Really nice work.

• WindRobe likes this

#6 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

this is so exciting to see this alost complete,really cant wait to try it out,keep up the good work obderhode.

• Obderhode likes this

#7 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Task #1 complete! I'm slightly better at coding than I thought (was so intimidated by coding a ghosted enemy, but it isn't that bad!) and managed to code both final bosses without much stress! :D

Edited by Obderhode, 24 July 2014 - 07:58 PM.

• Demonlink likes this

#8 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

congratz on coding both bosses obderhode not too much longer with ur tasks being done :)

#9 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Beta version has been sent out to all testers. :)

Look forward to the quest being released within the month! This is how long it took me to do a 100% playthrough!

finale.png

• judasrising and WindRobe like this

#10 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

wow sweet just gota wait on all testers with there playthrough and nice timing on ur playthrough obderhode :)

#11 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Beta version has been sent out to all testers. :)

Look forward to the quest being released within the month! This is how long it took me to do a 100% playthrough!

finale.png

Hi

Nice playtime Obderhode , i myself are not even close that playtime :bounce:

#12 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hello, I wish to play-test this game. I am currently creating a gameboy quest, And I feel that trying out your quest will A) give me something to do in my spare time, B) give me inspiration to my quest, And C) Help me give back to the community. Plus, the quest looks great and interesting! 

• WindRobe likes this

#13 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

@Arceus

Hopefully he still wants more testers for his quest but that be up to obderhode and this quest will be awesome just like his original flow quest.

Edited by zcfan, 28 July 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#14 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

The game is almost ready! I still have my testers going through it and then I've got one final playthrough myself, but here is a video preview. It showcases 2 of the songs in the game and one of the bosses you'll face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdT6mOSqNw
  • WindRobe likes this

#15 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thats really good news to see and really great lvl 6 boss there obderhode and goodluck with ur final playthrough.

• Obderhode likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users