• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:57 AM

UPDATED AS OF 19/04/2016

E3 is getting nearer, so I thought i would make a thread to consolidate the key rumors/teasers prior to the event.

Feel free to chip in with your own thoughts.

Twitter Accounts to follow: (These accounts are usually very active and responsive during the event and can often give insight on details missed, rumors, expectations etc.)

Official E3 Account - @E3

Geoff Keighley - E3 Host - @geoffkeighley

Michael Pachter - Video Game Analyst - @michaelpachter

Danny O'Dwyer - Journalist at Gamespot - @dannyodwyer

Greg Miller - Journalist at IGN - @GameOverGreggy

Key Rumors:

PS4.5/4K:

This has been a big one over the past few weeks, with major, reputable media outlets and major forums such as NeoGAF
being flooded with information and leaks from confirmed sources. Essentially, rumor has it that sony wants to push a beefed up PS4 that is capable of either 4K or better performance overall to extend the life cycle.

'NX' Announcement:

A large amount of silence on Nintendo's game development front and some rumors that have begun to appear have led most people to believe a major hardware announcement is en route from Nintendo.

The Future of XBOX:

There are various conflicting reports and rumors about the future of XBOX as it will be presented at E3. Will major exclusives like ReCore disappoint? Will there be an XBOX 1.5 similar to the PS4K? Will Microsoft finally push DX12 and windows 10 fully onto XBOX 1? No one really knows, and the lack of significant pre-E3 hype from Microsoft has led some to believe this may be a weak showing from the corporation's game division.

UPDATE: FCC FILINGS INDICATE AN XBOX HARDWARE REVISION

Expectations:

EA will announce a new Star Wars game for 2016 (not battlefront 2) ---- EA WILL NOT BE AT E3

Zelda U to be an NX release

PS4/XB1 slim models and price drop

Next Call of Duty is a 'Ghosts' sequel ---- Activision will not have a booth at E3

Next Battlefield is set in World War 1 ---- EA WILL NOT BE AT E3

Bethesda will announce Elder Scrolls sequel

Other Rumors: (Thanks Dimentio)

Zelda U Full Gameplay Reveal: Uncomfirmed

Pokemon Sun and Moon Announcement: Uncomfirmed

Mario Sequel: Uncomfirmed

Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveal: Uncomfirmed

Untitled Rocksteady Superman Game Reveal: Uncomfirmed

Visceral Star Wars Han Solo Game Reveal: ---- EA WILL NOT BE AT E3

Red Dead Redemption Sequel/Prequel ---- CONFIRMED

Teasers:

Titanfall 2:

I'm updating this main post as more announcements are made and while I find more information. Let me know If I miss anything and I'll add it to the main post to avoid confusion.

Edited by CasualTR, 19 April 2016 - 12:32 PM.

• Anthus, Eddy and Astromeow like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

Paper Mario Color Splash: Will it suck as many have predicted?

Zelda Wii U: Will we finally get more info?

Pokemon Sun and Moon: Will we finally get more info?

The next Mario game: Will we finally get more info?

• Anthus, Astromeow and MaeioParty like this

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

Paper Mario Color Splash: Will it suck as many have predicted?

Pokemon Sun and Moon: Will we finally get more info?

The next Mario game: Will we finally get more info?

As for Color Splash, hard to say with what we've seen aside from comparing it to Sticker Star. I would be surprised if they didn't know about the complaints it received, they may try to show it off in a better way because of it.

Everything you listed I'd be surprised to not see info on.

• Shane likes this

#4 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

All of my unconfirmed sources tell me that the next Zelda game will be released at the end of their presentation of it at E3.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

All of my unconfirmed sources tell me that the next Zelda game will be released at the end of their presentation of it at E3.

Sounds too good to be true to be honest. I doubt it, I would assume November of this year.

Edit: Actually, didn't Nintendo do a direct a few months ago showcasing the games that will come this summer (winter for us Australians)? That's most likely definite proof that this source is untrue.

That said, I look forward to Zelda U's appearance (a proper release date and name please...?) and the NX reveal. Assuming they appear, perhaps Final Fantasy XV, the VII remake and some other non-Nintendo related games but I have a feeling Nintendo might be the best this E3, but we will have to see.

• Anthus likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

Zelda U, of course, and possibly the NX, in some form.

I am also pretty interested in the FF7 remake, and would like to see some actual game play of it finally. I feel like Nintendo doesn't really like E3, and tries to announce stuff through their own semi-regular Nintendo Direct Shows.

• Shane likes this

#7 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

I pretty much don't get hyped up for anything anymore. Getting hyped up means having high expectations and it just leads to dissapointment in the end most of the time. 

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

That would honestly not be a wise idea. People plan for releases, and having it suddenly released with no warning at the end of E3 wouldn't make much sense from a marketing perspective; companies like to plan out and hype up release dates, and just dropping it out of nowhere like that would probably cause it not to do so well in initial sales.

That, and if the rumor about it coming to NX is true, would mean the NX would also have to be released at the end of E3 and that also wouldn't make any sense.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

I think there's a strong possibility that Nintendo will have a live performance.  While true, they haven't over the past few years... they also didn't announce a new console during that time either.  But if they're trying to push the NX strong, they should definitely go for that.  Plus, they have Zelda U and new Pokemon, and I imagine they have other things in the works, likely a new 3D Mario in the vein of 64 or Galaxy.  I think they're heading up to have a really strong showing.

• The Satellite and Jared like this

#10 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

I think there's a strong possibility that Nintendo will have a live performance.  While true, they haven't over the past few years... they also didn't announce a new console during that time either.  But if they're trying to push the NX strong, they should definitely go for that.  Plus, they have Zelda U and new Pokemon, and I imagine they have other things in the works, likely a new 3D Mario in the vein of 64 or Galaxy.  I think they're heading up to have a really strong showing.

I would be a missed opportunity for a console announcement, but they have announced major stuff before on the livestreams.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

Zelda to be an NX release (possible cross platform)

Zelda U has already been confirmed to be released on Wii U. That doesn't mean it won't also be on NX, but "cross platform" is a guarantee.

#12 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

Good Catch. Fixed. 

UPDATE: Confirmed now that EA will NOT be attending E3 in any capacity. Will be hosting its own event called EA PLAY

Confirmed now that Activision will not have a booth on the show floor at E3

Confirmed now that Disney will not have an event at E3

Confirmed now that Wargaming will not attend E3

E3 is taking a significant hit from these announcements. Looks like the bulk of the event will mostly be from the console manufacturers themselves this year.

Edited by CasualTR, 14 April 2016 - 03:50 AM.

#13 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

Ditch the dark blue font, it's hard to read on the Dark Green forum theme.

#14 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

All I need to see is Zelda U, and I'll be a very happy sapling. 

#15 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Introducing the New 3ds XLR, now with HD video capture.  You'll need this to play any future games, and it isn't compatible with other 3ds titles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: E3, Electronic, Entertainment, Expo, Rumors, Leaks, Teasers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users